Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Learn from my mistake
Collapse
X
-
Thanks man, Ive been looking for the @$$hole causing my gun rights to be diminished in california... I bet the next time he criticizes a "bad****" they are taking our AR15's for sure.My comment was genuine, from the initial post there was no information about how you were shooting. As I said most if not all Hunters don't use hearing protection. You want to get all pissy about being a badass that's your problem not mine. That's not where I was headed. No ****ing Wonder California is losing gun rights. SMHLast edited by 45guru6918; 04-29-2018, 12:49 AM.Comment
-
If he was shooting from an enclosed firing point, that would magnify the sound. I suspect the reverse applies if you are out in the field; how many times have people described gunfire as sounding like firecrackers?Freedom is the dream you dream while putting thought in chains.
- Giacomo LeopardiComment
-
My dad was on the Army rifle team at Ft. Hood in 1971. He and his team traveled around the country shooting in competition, I believe as a recruitment/PR tool. He tells stories of shooting his M-14 from dusk til dawn on a near daily basis.
Today, he can't hear a damned thing and relies on closed captions on the TV. He is always annoyed that people are talking too quietly and that nobody bothers to speak up. I think he might be in just a little bit of denial...Comment
-
There are factors that magnify sounds...
Best protect eyes and ears.God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
John 3:16
NRA,,, Lifer
United Air Epic Fail Video ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvgComment
-
Comment
-
-
"the world ended" hyperbole was what I thought was funny as hell,but I was kinda hoping for a good blood blister story, so...
Lesson learned.
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER EVER take your ears off when shooting.
Unless you're hunting or using a properly designed silence-r.Comment
-
I have some high frequency hearing loss and minor tinnitus from being around jet engines, hydraulic system test stands for aircraft, shooting in the military and for fun. I did wear ear protection a majority of the time, but sometimes it was not possible. Lesson learned.
Here's a nice chart of sounds and their decibel levels. Noise Level Chart.
The chart makes it pretty clear that the noise from gunshots is very bad for your hearing.
I am preaching to choir here, but Safe shooting also includes eye and hearing protection-be safe.
--P? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."
Comment
-
Originally posted by gwgn02G-shock, a good way to tell the time, and better way to tell the female variety you are unworthy mating material.Comment
-
Don't be dense, I was referring to all the bickering and in fighting over petty ****!
NRA MEMBERComment
-
That was certainly my dad; infantry, M2 mortar platoon sgt., Battle of the Bulge. He couldn't hear sh*t, unless it was the middle of the night and there was an unknown sound in the house. Never could fathom that.EVERY WWII vet I ever knew personally, wore hearing aids early on.sigpicComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,578
Posts: 25,149,437
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 31269 users online. 69 members and 31200 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment