Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

30 round mags

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    side2side
    Member
    • Feb 2014
    • 184

    Would it be legal now to have a preban 30 round mag in a Bullet Button weapon, since Doj said it considers bullet buttons to be detachable and not fixed?

    Comment

    • #47
      CessnaDriver
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2009
      • 10905

      Originally posted by sigstroker
      Parts kits were never banned (whatever a parts kit is), import and transfer was.
      thanks for clarifying.


      "Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

      Comment

      • #48
        CandG
        Spent $299 for this text!
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Apr 2014
        • 16970

        Originally posted by side2side
        Would it be legal now to have a preban 30 round mag in a Bullet Button weapon, since Doj said it considers bullet buttons to be detachable and not fixed?
        The law doesn't appear to forbid it, as far as anyone can tell, but so far nobody is confident enough to try it.
        Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


        Comment

        • #49
          CSACANNONEER
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2006
          • 44094

          Originally posted by side2side
          Would it be legal now to have a preban 30 round mag in a Bullet Button weapon, since Doj said it considers bullet buttons to be detachable and not fixed?
          Sorry, you're wrong. DOJ does NOT consider BBed firearms to be "capable of accepting a detachable magazine" nor do they consider them "fixed magazines". In fact, no matter what "DOJ considers them to be", the written law is pretty clear that they are neither. Now, they are AWs in CA. The reason that we haven't been able to use +10 round mags in them before was to prevent creating an illegal AW by doing so. Since they are now considered AWs, by the letter of the law, it would be legal. However, I would not recommend it only because, I don't want to be the test case.
          NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
          California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
          Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
          Utah CCW Instructor


          Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

          sigpic
          CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

          KM6WLV

          Comment

          • #50
            coy80176
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 1917

            Grown folks

            Originally posted by Lonestargrizzly
            Lol how are those pre ban mags holding up after almost 20 years???
            may have rebuilt their pre ban mags as needed.


            "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power... like God must feel when he's holding a gun." - Homer

            Comment

            • #51
              ACfixer
              Calguns Addict
              • Feb 2012
              • 6086

              I had a lot of pre-ban mags and the metal bodies wore out, replaced them with polymer P-mag bodies hoping they'll last longer. Unfortunately I had them on my boat that terrible day...
              Buy made in USA whenever possible.

              Comment

              • #52
                Ron-Solo
                In Memoriam
                • Jan 2009
                • 8581

                Originally posted by Lonestargrizzly
                Lol how are those pre ban mags holding up after almost 20 years???
                I have numerous 92F magazines from the 80s that I carried daily, shoot frequently, and have never replaced a single part since I got them. They still function flawlessly, even after thousands of rounds.

                Originally posted by Mute
                We were allowed to repair them, as long as we didn't create an additional "high" capacity magazine when doing so. We could legally replace every single part and essentially have a new magazine.
                You can still repair them. You just can't buy "repair kits" that contains all the parts, because quite frankly, people were building new magazines and weren't able to keep their mouths shut. The antis read these forums and made the "kits" illegal. You can buy springs and followers which are the main parts that wear out. Base plates can be found for most mags but bodies are a little harder.

                Originally posted by ACfixer
                I had a lot of pre-ban mags and the metal bodies wore out, replaced them with polymer P-mag bodies hoping they'll last longer. Unfortunately I had them on my boat that terrible day...
                Oh, the horror. Now, if you would have left the metal bodies on them, they might show up on a metal detector.
                LASD Retired
                1978-2011

                NRA Life Member
                CRPA Life Member
                NRA Rifle Instructor
                NRA Shotgun Instructor
                NRA Range Safety Officer
                DOJ Certified Instructor

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1