Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CA DOJ visiting gunsmiths?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    tileguy
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 1419

    the gunsmith probably didn't know how to pin it so he just made the whole thing up, so not to say i dont know how to do this.

    Comment

    • #32
      heidad01
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2012
      • 4902

      ^^
      Either that or he just did not want to do the job and made an excuse.

      Comment

      • #33
        etwinam
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2016
        • 3223

        There is s much misinformation here I don't even know where to start... I would start with getting proof and second I would get a new gunsmith.
        God, Guns & Integrity. Prioritize your Priorities.

        Comment

        • #34
          The Gleam
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2011
          • 13416

          Formerly Used Dung

          Fermented Urine Dribble

          Farting Undulating Diarrhea

          Fornication Under Duress

          Feeble Urchin Dongs

          Frickin' Useless Dipdunks

          Fear Uncertainty Doubt
          -----------------------------------------------
          Originally posted by Librarian
          What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

          If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

          Comment

          • #35
            edgerly779
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Aug 2009
            • 19871

            fucxxd up details

            Comment

            • #36
              dieselpower
              Banned
              • Jan 2009
              • 11471

              Originally posted by etwinam
              There is s much misinformation here I don't even know where to start... I would start with getting proof and second I would get a new gunsmith.

              First off if you slow that Gif down 50% its better.

              Secondly, its not a problem with the Gunsmith, its a real problem Gunsmiths have with DoJ inspectors. They dont need proof. They have a pen and know how to use it. They are not held accountable for their actions against Gunsmiths. They are the same as IRS Agents, they can say and do what they want and get away with it.

              Comment

              • #37
                joechoi107
                Member
                • Aug 2011
                • 128

                First of all, thank you everyone for your input, except for a select few. I have no idea why anyone would think I would need to make up a story like this to post on this forum and waste everyone's time

                Secondly, I do believe discretion is important. All I will say is that I'm from the Pasadena area and the gunsmith's location is within 20 minutes of my location. I actually drove to his shop after hearing about what happened to confirm his side of the story. Turns out to be true. He absolutely knew that attaching a flash hider to a barrel was not a crime, however, in his exactly words the DOJ representative "put the fear of God in me."

                If anyone has any experience with any other gunsmiths in the area I would greatly appreciate your recommendations. I've called a couple other shops in my area but they are either moving out of state this month or only sell firearms, not fix them.

                Comment

                • #38
                  JackRydden224
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 7229

                  I went to see my gunsmith on Friday 3/10 and this is what they have from the DOJ:

                  We can work on bullet buttoned rifles as long as the bolt is not in it. Having the bolt in the rifle makes it a semi-auto.

                  Yes, this is retarded and yes this is different then what they told me at the beginning of the year. They also told me getting audited by the ATF is not a scary thing because there is a standard but the DOJ employees are so poorly trained they all tell you different things.

                  I think it's possible that the gunsmith asked the DOJ about AWs and somehow flash hiders came up and the DOJ agent he spoke to told him something false because the DOJ agent knows nothing about firearms or the fine prints of the laws.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Paul_R
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 2847

                    An upper by itself is not a firearm at all.
                    Fear is a social disease

                    Got a jury summons? Know your rights! http://fija.org/

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      joechoi107
                      Member
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 128

                      Originally posted by Paul_R
                      An upper by itself is not a firearm at all.
                      Exactly what I said to him. As much as he understood, apparently that didn't matter.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        thedrickel
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 5581

                        Sounds like a bunch of total retardation
                        I hate people that are full of hate.

                        It's not illegal to tip for PPT!

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          numpty
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 2248

                          Originally posted by thedrickel
                          Sounds like a bunch of total retardation
                          Doesn't sound, is!
                          The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
                          John 10:10


                          iTrader: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1888351

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            AceGirlsHusband
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 2651

                            Originally posted by Paul_R
                            An upper by itself is not a firearm at all.
                            Correcto mundo. I have a hard time believing DOJ (or any agency) told a gunsmith he was prohibited from doing work on one.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1