Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SGAMMO - new ammo law

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    cowtown
    Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 242

    Originally posted by Sousuke
    Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but I would think NY rules are similar to the new CA ones.
    Yeah, it will all come down to how much revenue/profit they will lose. It's just a business decision - CA is a much bigger market than NY, but the new law might be too onerous to break even on sales.

    Originally posted by colossians323
    I hope they don't sell to Cali....maybe it will wake some of you guys up
    Not sure what you (whoever you are) think "you guys" should do at this point...but I hope posting it made you feel better.

    Comment

    • #17
      Whiskey_Tango
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2014
      • 1588

      I contacted them on their site and asked:

      When will SGammo stop selling ammunition to non-FFL customers in
      California?

      Their response:

      Jan 1 2018

      My take:

      This doesn't address shipments to FFL holders, but at least they're not cutting the cord early on non-FFL shipments.
      Last edited by Whiskey_Tango; 12-24-2016, 8:37 AM.

      Comment

      • #18
        Dutch3
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Oct 2010
        • 14181

        Originally posted by Whiskey_Tango
        I contacted them on their site and asked:

        When will SGammo stop selling ammunition to non-FFL customers in
        California?

        Their response:

        Jan 1 2018
        And there you have it.

        My UPS guy is going to be getting even more of a workout over the next 12 months.
        Just taking up space in (what is no longer) the second-worst small town in California.

        Comment

        • #19
          1bulletBarney
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Oct 2013
          • 1914

          Originally posted by Whiskey_Tango
          I contacted them on their site and asked:

          When will SGammo stop selling ammunition to non-FFL customers in
          California?

          Their response:

          Jan 1 2018

          My take:

          This doesn't address shipments to FFL holders, but at least they're not cutting the cord early on non-FFL shipments.
          Originally posted by Dutch3
          And there you have it.

          My UPS guy is going to be getting even more of a workout over the next 12 months.
          By the time 12/31/17 rolls around it will not matter to me if online vendors will ship ammo to FFL03/COE holders or not (I doubt they will). The bunker is already at max capacity but with another 12 months to top off, I will be OK...

          One thing I see coming down the pike is President Trump reversing the Obama EO's regarding importation of Saiga's and comblock surplus ammo. Hopefully we will start seeing Saiga's and 7.62x54r spam cans again before 2018...
          NRA Member
          NRA-ILA Contributor
          CGN Contributor

          iTrader Feedback
          1bulletBarney iTrader Feedback - Calguns.net?

          Comment

          • #20
            one9kilo
            Member
            • Oct 2014
            • 301

            You have a year to prepare if you haven't done so. I have been stocking up so this isn't to worrisome for me. Still sucks tho

            Comment

            • #21
              Rottentofu
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2015
              • 2191

              Or just take up reloading...at least until they start restricting powder and primers.

              Comment

              • #22
                seabee1
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2012
                • 1230

                FYI, SGAmmo has 1400 round crate (2 spam cans) 7.62x39 right now for $349.50...I thought this was a great deal, getting 'em while we can

                Comment

                • #23
                  Mr. Beretta
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 6614

                  Originally posted by BigPimping
                  Does this come as any surprise to anyone?
                  Not me.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    kmas
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2014
                    • 1315

                    It's NOT 2018

                    Originally posted by dragon7
                    Some online vendors are refusing to ship firearm parts to California too now.
                    Why? - the law takes effect in 2018.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Full Clip
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 10266

                      I don't blame any vendor who abandons CA for whatever reason, but if they do so, they will lose me as a customer. (As I did with CTD.)

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Dutch3
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 14181

                        Originally posted by Rottentofu
                        Or just take up reloading...at least until they start restricting powder and primers.
                        I do reload for nearly everything I shoot and will be increasing my stock of components as well as factory ammo.

                        I will miss being able to order from SGAmmo, though. The good deals and good service over the years are appreciated.
                        Just taking up space in (what is no longer) the second-worst small town in California.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Rottentofu
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2015
                          • 2191

                          Originally posted by Dutch3
                          I do reload for nearly everything I shoot and will be increasing my stock of components as well as factory ammo.

                          I will miss being able to order from SGAmmo, though. The good deals and good service over the years are appreciated.
                          Who knows, maybe SGAmmo will start selling powder and primers.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            golfish
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 10127

                            Originally posted by Biigg50
                            SGAmmo is still selling to most of California.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I would think Sam will do what ever it takes to keep selling to CA customers.
                            It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                            Happiness is a warm gun.

                            MLC, First 3

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Cokebottle
                              Seņor Member
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 32373

                              Originally posted by dragon7
                              Some online vendors are refusing to ship firearm parts to California too now.
                              Stupidity.

                              Turning away business when the law does not take effect for another year is stupid.

                              A smart business would rent extra space in a warehouse and overstock for CA sales.
                              - Rich

                              Originally posted by dantodd
                              A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                colossians323
                                Crusader for the truth!
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 21637

                                Originally posted by cowtown
                                Not sure what you (whoever you are) think "you guys" should do at this point...but I hope posting it made you feel better.
                                The courts are not on our side and don't understand the 2nd amendment, and California will ban however and whenever they want
                                LIVE FREE OR DIE!

                                M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

                                Originally posted by M. Sage
                                I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1