Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Another one leaves CA

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Justinoff
    Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 197

    Another one leaves CA

    Edit

    Comment

    • #17
      Justinoff
      Member
      • Dec 2014
      • 197

      Originally posted by ghostsup
      Kind of old news as they left about 6 or 7 months ago. Happy to see they are doing well, my M&P 9 is a much better gun thanks to them.


      Agreed. I have Apex in a full size M&P and a Shield. It kinda feels like S&W ****ty stock trigger was a jackpot for Apex.

      Good on them


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #18
        Jimi Jah
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2014
        • 19297

        I'd rather see gun makers stay here to fight the good fight. That's why I bought JD Machine and Franklin Armory. That's why I use Slip 2000.

        Comment

        • #19
          Mitch
          Mostly Harmless
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Mar 2008
          • 6580

          Originally posted by Justinoff
          It would appear as if the people who actually track this stuff would disagree. 2012-2014 saw a loss of 2300 jobs in the state of CA. People don't realize CA is the second largest firearms economy in the US. Add DoD contracts and we are the biggest.
          No, they don't disagree. The poorer paid are leaving California while the state sucks in high-paid tech and other professionals:

          A new study shows an exodus between 2007 and 2014. Despite an employment boom, the state's housing costs led many lower-income workers to move.


          But while lower-income people leave, there’s been a net increase of 52,700 residents making over $50,000 a year who have a bachelor's degree.
          No one cares. Liberal elitists pretend they care about the middle and lower classes, but they are happy to see them go. Improves property values, ya know, and tax revenues. And you know the most important thing is to pay for state employee pensions. The most important.
          Last edited by Mitch; 12-17-2016, 11:01 AM.
          Originally posted by cockedandglocked
          Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

          Comment

          • #20
            Mitch
            Mostly Harmless
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Mar 2008
            • 6580

            Originally posted by Jimi Jah
            I'd rather see gun makers stay here to fight the good fight. That's why I bought JD Machine and Franklin Armory. That's why I use Slip 2000.
            Franklin Armory relocated to Nevada like we did.
            Originally posted by cockedandglocked
            Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

            Comment

            • #21
              beanz2
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2008
              • 12032

              Originally posted by Mitch

              No one cares about the California firearms businesses, or any small manufacturers, moving out of state, except in some cases the new host communities. When we moved our little five-man company to Reno it was announced on the local teevee news and people started showing up to check us out while we were still unpacking.

              ...Don't even like going back to SoCal for a visit anymore (which I still have to do to see my mother).
              Hello, neighbor!

              Sure hope, though, that this Californian refugee crisis does not make NV much bluer. Washoe and Clark counties gave Hillary the Nevada win. Of course having a lot of Nevadans throwing away their votes for the Johnson-Weld ticket had something to do with that too.

              I avoid big CA cities if I can help it also. The rudeness and apathy in major metropolitan areas is very palpable.

              Originally posted by colossians323
              I don't think they need to be firearms related. In california, you automatically have reason to move if you own a business
              True. That or pull a Mark Zuckerburg move, contribute heavily to the Dem campaign fund and get nice tax breaks.
              Last edited by beanz2; 12-17-2016, 12:19 PM.
              sigpic
              The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

              Comment

              • #22
                sigstroker
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2009
                • 19896

                Originally posted by Justinoff
                It would appear as if the people who actually track this stuff would disagree. 2012-2014 saw a loss of 2300 jobs in the state of CA. People don't realize CA is the second largest firearms economy in the US. Add DoD contracts and we are the biggest.

                California also lost a lot of newly created jobs that don't show up in the stats. Many chip and electronic fabs for Intel, etc were built in other states because of oppressive regulation in Cali. It's especially stupid wrt "global warming" regs because the plants get built anyway and the globe isn't any less warmed because the plants are in TX, OR, or AZ than if they were in CA.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Jimmy's
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2016
                  • 2600

                  Originally posted by colossians323
                  I don't think they need to be firearms related. In california, you automatically have reason to move if you own a business
                  Or just want to live a Better life.
                  Last edited by Jimmy's; 12-17-2016, 1:33 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    user120312
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 8488

                    Sounds about right. I watched a lot of the big figures in fabrication and machine work leave the state when I was younger, now it's the niche people.

                    Don't know these folks but, if they owned their place in Los Osos, they could easily cover the cost of the new facility with some left over for CNC equipment from what the old place would sell for. It's breathtaking. I watched things hit the stratosphere in Morro Bay and Los Osos over nearly 40 years of fishing and camping over there. Still kicking myself for not buying into the area when it was cheaper.

                    Anyway, the products will still be available and they'll continue to innovate. Good on them. Good for AZ.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      RobG
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 4887

                      Good for them, this says it all...

                      “Getting out from under the restrictive and frankly punitive regulatory environment of California allows us to expand our R&D efforts as we continue to bring new products to market,” explained Folk. “The move is not only good for Apex but also our employees.”

                      California is consistently ranked as one of the worst states in which to run a business. By relocating to Arizona, Apex Tactical Specialties is not only able to reduce many operating costs for the business, but also expand opportunities for employees. In Peoria, Arizona the consumer prices are 18.03% lower than in San Luis Obispo, California. Rent prices are 40.20% lower and local purchasing power is 76.24% higher.
                      Last edited by RobG; 12-17-2016, 10:10 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        OlderThanDirt
                        FUBAR
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 6003

                        Originally posted by user120312
                        Sounds about right. I watched a lot of the big figures in fabrication and machine work leave the state when I was younger, now it's the niche people.

                        Don't know these folks but, if they owned their place in Los Osos, they could easily cover the cost of the new facility with some left over for CNC equipment from what the old place would sell for. It's breathtaking. I watched things hit the stratosphere in Morro Bay and Los Osos over nearly 40 years of fishing and camping over there. Still kicking myself for not buying into the area when it was cheaper.

                        Anyway, the products will still be available and they'll continue to innovate. Good on them. Good for AZ.
                        They did not own the property and relocating to a larger facility in the area would have been very expensive. In a competitive national marketplace being based in coastal California is a real cost disadvantage that most companies cannot overcome. Real estate, labor and compliance costs eat up most companies that produce relatively inexpensive products.
                        We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, but they are still lying. ~ Solzhenitsyn
                        Thermidorian Reaction . . Prepare for it.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          user120312
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Mar 2012
                          • 8488

                          In a sense, leasing worked; easy to leave, no phase 1 to deal with, load up and done. I remember going from 500 to 2500 and it was like heaven on earth, not to mention gaining cranes to save my body. I can imagine how they feel in AZ with all that space, offices, big parking lot, the works. Good to grow. Hope they do well.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            $nake-Eye$
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 656

                            They were in Los Osos? I missed out on visiting the mothership....
                            All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. Daniel Boone
                            sigpic



                            Cable



                            Guns... Lots of guns... John Wick

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              The Gleam
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 13460

                              Originally posted by meno377
                              Expanding from 6,000 sq ft to 50,000 sq ft? They must be doing very well.
                              Or, they are just getting a lot more for their money there; I've already priced it out that if I sell my home in CA and move to NV, not only will I be able to buy a home 3 times large than what I won now with 8 times more the land, but I'll STILL have a few hundred thousand left to do as I please.
                              -----------------------------------------------
                              Originally posted by Librarian
                              What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

                              If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Jimi Jah
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jan 2014
                                • 19297

                                Originally posted by Mitch
                                Franklin Armory relocated to Nevada like we did.
                                Which is why I only have one Morgan Hill lower. I do have a few JD Machine's here. There is something about an LEO seeing "California made" on my evil rifle I like.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1