Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1 Handgun....1 Long gun....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    AE102
    Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 223

    Glock 17 or 21 and AK47 or Mossberg 500. Cuz I can't see how I will be able to maintain and lube an AR in an apocalypse lol

    Comment

    • #32
      kozumasbullitt
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2009
      • 2912

      AR7 with tons of ammo and an AK pistol. This should be a good combo for protection and small animal hunting.

      Comment

      • #33
        L84CABO
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2009
        • 8779

        Because this question has NEVER been asked before.
        "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

        Fighter Pilot

        Comment

        • #34
          claylakers
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2012
          • 2807

          Originally posted by Noble Cause
          Well, since I am a so called... Super Owner....

          I'm staying put with All My Assorted Firearm Choices, and a Boatload
          of Ammo to match.

          Your better off in an entrenched position vs wandering around in the open
          with limited gun selection and ammo.


          Noble
          THIS^......but if I must FN 5.7 with 30 round mags and SCAR 17 also with 30 round mags

          Comment

          • #35
            stilixdax1
            Junior Member
            • Jun 2016
            • 64

            Benelli M4 with collapsible buttstock and 7 round mag tube for long gun and 1911

            Comment

            • #36
              Scratch705
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2009
              • 12537

              Originally posted by L84CABO
              Because this question has NEVER been asked before.
              even if it has, what is the harm in joining in?

              not like we don't already see the same story in tv shows, movies, etc in daily life.

              as for the OP's question

              9mm pistol

              AR15 with spare upper.

              since the OP didn't say you couldn't bring extra parts for the firearms. i'll have my 20in upper and my 16in upper. this way i get to do some precision work, but still can go into buildings.
              Originally posted by leelaw
              Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
              Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
              Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
              Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
              Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

              Comment

              • #37
                Deog
                Member
                • Jul 2016
                • 201

                Glock 19 and 9mm AR that accepts Glock mags

                Comment

                • #38
                  Brush Guard
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2015
                  • 888

                  Long gun would be the love gun, since everybody understands that language.

                  Hand gun, would be a grease gun.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Kowan
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Jan 2015
                    • 1474

                    Originally posted by Noble Cause
                    Well, since I am a so called... Super Owner....

                    I'm staying put with All My Assorted Firearm Choices, and a Boatload
                    of Ammo to match.

                    Your better off in an entrenched position vs wandering around in the open
                    with limited gun selection and ammo.


                    Noble
                    When the DOJ site is hacked and the data sold to a liberal media site, they will post gun owners information to protect the children. They'll know where you are storing their armory for them.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Eat Dirt
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 9737

                      Ya Know..............
                      I have thought about this question before myself / Just a " What If " kind of a thing
                      I have pondered and thought about the pros and cons of my selections

                      Pistol Selection :

                      As the O.P. started in this scenario the world has gone to Do-Do ..its you against someone who wants Your stuff .
                      So the .22 ain't going to take them out
                      .45 / Nice to have but heavy with all the ammo you will need and limited rounds per mag

                      Must go with a 9 MM //// Lighter load to carry , Higher cap mags , 9 mm ammo very abundant

                      Rifle Selection :

                      Again .....the world has gone to Do-Do ..its you against someone who wants Your stuff . My always first choice has been the 12 gauge . /// Abundant ammo to be found . Many choices in ammo and a shotgun is always useful for those pesky locked doors ................Draw backs /// Bad guys have to be within range of shotgun ( Too Close )

                      I'm starting to lean towards the AR type of weapon now days....Can carry more rounds . Lighter weapon platform , Best of all . Longer range to keep Bad guys at a safe distance .. Also A R better for take down of Larger game
                      --------------------------------------------------------------

                      I miss the Good 'ol days of Cal -Guns

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Scratch705
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2009
                        • 12537

                        Originally posted by Deog
                        Glock 19 and 9mm AR that accepts Glock mags
                        at this point if you are running a pistol caliber carbine, why not just run a tavor or even a kriss vector?

                        both are smaller in size than AR, and the vector can use glock mags. the tavor can have a caliber swap kit to shoot 5.56 if needed.
                        Originally posted by leelaw
                        Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                        Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                        Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                        Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                        Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          SomeGuy75
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2015
                          • 1405

                          Beretta 92 and my heavy barrel AR15
                          And a LOT of mags

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            smle-man
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 10606

                            As much as I'd like to say my 1911 .45 and my stainless Ruger mini 14 .223 rifle, the correct answer is my Ruger mk1 .22 6" pistol and my Marlin 795 .22 rifle with Tech sights and an aluminum trigger housing assembly.

                            Both firearms are just about indestructible and will go a thousand rounds easy without cleaning. A brick of .22s are light and easily carried, both are semi auto, both are accurate, both will kill, both are reasonably quiet. Single .22 rounds can be bartered and will be more in demand than .223 rounds.

                            When a wanderer is only armed with a .22 rifle he is apt to think more like a rabbit than a wolf. The wanderer who thinks and acts like a wolf will eventually fall into a trap.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              buicknutt
                              Member
                              • Jan 2016
                              • 217

                              Originally posted by smle-man
                              As much as I'd like to say my 1911 .45 and my stainless Ruger mini 14 .223 rifle, the correct answer is my Ruger mk1 .22 6" pistol and my Marlin 795 .22 rifle with Tech sights and an aluminum trigger housing assembly.

                              Both firearms are just about indestructible and will go a thousand rounds easy without cleaning. A brick of .22s are light and easily carried, both are semi auto, both are accurate, both will kill, both are reasonably quiet. Single .22 rounds can be bartered and will be more in demand than .223 rounds.

                              When a wanderer is only armed with a .22 rifle he is apt to think more like a rabbit than a wolf. The wanderer who thinks and acts like a wolf will eventually fall into a trap.


                              Great post!! ^^

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                geoint
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 2014
                                • 4385

                                If my family was gone I'd probably just off myself. Worlds already ending so I would have a very different outlook on suicide in that scenario than I currently do.


                                Oh who am I kidding, id suicide by trying to ethnically cleanse all the people who I thought were responsible for the disaster or who I just felt were going to make poor citizens in whatever future civilization formed.


                                Bleak begets bleak

                                Oh to answer the question, Glock 19 and 20" BCM.
                                Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

                                I Hate California.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1