Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Test yourself.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SonofWWIIDI
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2011
    • 21583

    Test yourself.

    Close all your blinds, turn off all the lights, and see if you can find your way around the house in the dark. No flashlights, no glow sticks, just blindly get around.

    Pick your defensive positions and try to find them...get your family to try it too.

    Go ahead, I'll wait.

    Sorry, not sorry.
    🎺

    Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
  • #2
    SonofWWIIDI
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2011
    • 21583

    I take no liability/responsibility for stubbed/broken toes, bruised shins or other injuries suffered during this drill.

    Sorry, not sorry.
    🎺

    Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

    Comment

    • #3
      SB1964
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2012
      • 4876

      How do you punish a blind person??? Re-arrange the furniture!
      Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!

      Comment

      • #4
        baggss
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        • Mar 2013
        • 3439

        Better test is to kill your main breaker. Appliances and some landscape lighting will still get through and give you a reference point. If you can do it in complete darkness with no power, 3AM should be easy!

        NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

        Comment

        • #5
          CouchOperator
          Veteran Member
          • May 2016
          • 4353

          *looks at his studio apartment and laughs*

          Comment

          • #6
            Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2015
            • 6504

            Originally posted by CouchOperator
            *looks at his studio apartment and laughs*
            Lol when I got my first firearm, an 870 with a 28 inch barrel, I lived in a studio apartment. I was like yea this is for home defense! Then I tried to pie the corner (I only had one corner in my apartment) and it just was not working lol.

            Comment

            • #7
              johnthomas
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2009
              • 7001

              I am not good in the dark. I once walked into a half open door, creased my forehead from the corner of the door, had to pee, moving fast. I didn't make it to the bathroom, lol.
              I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

              Comment

              • #8
                kel-tec-innovations
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 3931

                No point for me, LED emergency lights around the house if the power goes out they turn on. While there is power LED stay lit for night light.

                Have push lights on the bed and fire arms all with light source attached.

                If for some reason all those LED and weapon dies. I throw on my Gen 3 night vision.

                Worse come to worse, I'll have my cat guide me in the dark, they seem to see fine in the dark lol
                WTS: Mossberg RARE Bullpup
                WTS: Glock 27 Nickel Boron coated 2 tone
                American Defense 20 MOA mount, AK47 AK74 Bullpup kit, Midwest AK rails Krink
                WTS: 7n6 5.45x39 spam cans / Crates IE area Riverside San Bernardino

                Comment

                • #9
                  Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2015
                  • 6504

                  Originally posted by kel-tec-innovations
                  No point for me, LED emergency lights around the house if the power goes out they turn on. While there is power LED stay lit for night light.

                  Have push lights on the bed and fire arms all with light source attached.

                  If for some reason all those LED and weapon dies. I throw on my Gen 3 night vision.

                  Worse come to worse, I'll have my cat guide me in the dark, they seem to see fine in the dark lol
                  But what about when emp knocks out your NVG's??

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    BucDan
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 4063

                    Originally posted by Lonestargrizzly
                    But what about when emp knocks out your NVG's??
                    He just said that he had his cat, HELLLOOOO!!! LOL

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2015
                      • 6504

                      Originally posted by BucDan
                      He just said that he had his cat, HELLLOOOO!!! LOL
                      Meh, I never read more than 3 lines into a post.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Kurgan
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 4954

                        Should I be naked?
                        My mother always told me to be careful what you ask for.

                        Just one more piece of parental advice I stupidly ignored.

                        <shrug>

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          colossians323
                          Crusader for the truth!
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 21637

                          Originally posted by Kurgan
                          Should I be naked?
                          I think it is at this point that you might cheat and break out the 'fleshlight'
                          LIVE FREE OR DIE!

                          M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

                          Originally posted by M. Sage
                          I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            drifts1
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 1443

                            What's the point of this exercise?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Dec 2015
                              • 6504

                              Originally posted by drifts1
                              What's the point of this exercise?
                              To prove to your family that you will fail them when shtf.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1