My regret is not starting this hobby when I was 18 and had no serious bills or responsibilities and there were a lot less restrictions on what we can buy. I just started three months ago and I'm 33 with a wife, baby, mortage, car payment, retirement savings, kid's college fund..... not much "fun" money anymore.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Regrets....
Collapse
X
-
Originally posted by gwgn02G-shock, a good way to tell the time, and better way to tell the female variety you are unworthy mating material. -
Staring into the rear view mirror is a crappy way to drive. You miss all the good stuff to come.
"If I'd known then what I know now", is the rumination of the old.
I'm older. I did what I did when it needed to be done, and for reasons which were valid at the time. I don't regret a minute of it (well, ok, there were the times when the CHP lights came on in that damn rear view mirror....).
Last edited by Dvrjon; 05-09-2016, 6:36 AM.Comment
-
I almost sold the first pistol I ever bought... not that it's anything special (a Glock 36), but I'm glad I changed my mind. It's a fun little pistol, plus just kind of sentimental. Man was I ever proud to take that pistol home that first day. Never going to sell it. Or anything else... I have a flawless record of 100% retention of my firearms
Comment
-
Are those tattoos just a constant reminder of all the regret the wearers are trying to forget?
All summed up.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...toos&FORM=IGREComment
-
Selling my dad's Ruger Blackhawk after he died to buy some other pos that also has been since sold. Would love to redo that now."You can't handle the truth"Comment
-
Thanks to everyone who shared. Joepamjohn sure hit the mark. Best we can do in this world is to learn from our experiences in a way that we reflect on better decisions made over time. I think that's considered wisdow, which is why regrets build while we are young. Because it takes time to accumulate wisdom.Comment
-
4" Python purchased new in 1974 for probably less than $400 (cant remember). Traded for an engraved shotgun about 10 years later. Python had about 12 rounds through it, then stored. It was drop dead mint. Probably should have got a clue when the Gun Shop owners mouth dropped open when he saw it brought it out for the deal, and could not make the exchange fast enough!
Comment
-
I have traded and sold more firearms than I can remember having, when I think about it I just smile for the opportunity to have owned so many and it would never had been possible if not for selling and trading. I regret none at all. I do however regret not buying a few though.Comment
-
I regret selling my Beretta type M and not buying a bunch of Russian sks for $120 when they were a dime a dozen.Comment
-
Nope.. no ragrets!
10 +1 in the chamberComment
-
3913LS
Even though I "had" 3 (now the Best of the Best 2 BNIB), I recently sold 1 right here in the FS section. Got great $$$ and went to what I thought was a great buyer. After his 10 days it shows up FS again with a few extra mags at higher $$$, WTF. Like I needed the $$$ for anything and regret letting this go to Mr. Flip Flop. Waste of my time and effort...Never again...
Oh yea and he used my pictures; couldn't even bother to make the ad and pistol his own for the Sale offer. In my book if it sells I get a cut-"advertising fee."
Best, DaveLast edited by HYPURR; 05-20-2016, 6:25 AM.Comment
-
I lied.. I have 1 pseudo minor ragret...
I sold an S&W to a CG member many years ago that came from my gramps. I didn't like the gun at all. I kind of maybe sort of wish I had it back.10 +1 in the chamberComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,543
Posts: 25,148,849
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 17935 users online. 36 members and 17899 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment