Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Backyard shooting noise

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    SB1964
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 4876

    I shoot at my dads SE SD county property, & have done so since the 70's without hassle, it's about 50 acres. You can buy 500 acres, legal or not, it won't matter if the neighbors complain. There is nothing you can do except hope the neighbors are cool.

    One thing I was taught is not to call the police in rural areas. You, or your neighbors in a really private area get a reputation for police visits, the privacy is over.
    Last edited by SB1964; 02-22-2016, 12:03 PM.
    Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!

    Comment

    • #47
      BeFrank
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2013
      • 594

      I was looking into this too, I was thinking of something along the lines of the barrel/ drum suppressor idea but making it out of old tires combined with the trench Idea.

      Comment

      • #48
        -hanko
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Jul 2002
        • 14174

        Originally posted by hambam105
        What is an 'acre'?
        Serious? :face palm:


        Originally posted by Devilmonkey89
        I always say this to myself, if commiefornia allowed suppresors, none of us would have these issues.
        For velocities > speed of sound, you will still hear a "crack" as the bullet breaks the sound barrier.


        Originally posted by 5.56
        How do you decrease firearms noise for backyard shooting? I'm in the market for a piece of property on 5-10+ acres in an area zoned for unregulated shooting in San Diego county(North Escondido or Valley Center).

        Here's the bottom line.

        What have you done for you freedom owning property owners out there to shoot on your property in peace?
        I've done nothing...nor have my neighbors. And we all shoot on our properties.

        That said, we're in Idaho, NOT California.

        -hanko
        True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

        Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

        Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

        A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

        Comment

        • #49
          rromeo
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2009
          • 6981

          Yes, supersonic rounds are not silent, but I can shoot my 7mm Rem Mag without ear plugs.
          I hate to say I spent $900 on my neighbors, but it is true to a point. I got my can so I could shoot on my property without hassle. It has other benefits of course.
          Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

          - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
          (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1