Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why join the NRA?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    M1A_KICHI
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 601

    I was a member a while back but never renewed my membership when the time was up.

    Seeing how mad the liberals get at us for knowing and exercising our rights I pulled the trigger when they had their $300 dollar membership last week and feel pretty good about it.

    Comment

    • #77
      monorailboy
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 1229

      Just upgraded to Life Membership !!! Wish every gun sold in the US included xtra upcharge to allow each purchase to give that buyer initial membership or renewal or just plain support !

      Come on Gun Stores !!!!!

      Comment

      • #78
        slamfire1
        Banned
        • Aug 2015
        • 794

        After being a regular NRA member for decades, two years ago I finally upgraded to Life Member.

        I AM A NRA LIFE MEMBER AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!

        Comment

        • #79
          Nacho_Eater
          Member
          • Oct 2013
          • 383

          Thanks for reminding me to renew my NRA membership!
          I tip 20% for average service.

          Comment

          • #80
            njineermike
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2010
            • 9784

            The Democrat debates showed how powerful we could be. Think about it. 6 million of us have the entire Democrat party apoplectic because we are perceived as the stone wall blocking their plans for "reasonable gun control". We only comprise about 2% of the entire US population, and we have them blaming us for everything from gang violence in inner cities to sunspots.
            Originally posted by Kestryll
            Dude went full CNN...
            Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth

            Comment

            • #81
              Click Boom
              Calguns Addict
              • Nov 2013
              • 6955

              I hate how those would trash our liberty describe the NRA as some shady front for big business, when over 90% of their money comes from donations of $200 or less.

              The NRA is a group of people. Fellow Americans, who want to protect their civil rights. It is a civil rights organization. The "special interest" is to not use the bill of rights as toilet paper.

              Comment

              • #82
                Bill1957
                Senior Member
                CGN Contributor
                • Jan 2013
                • 997

                I've been an annual member on off for years. I always seemed to let it lapse. Today I decided to be a lifetime member and I also signed my wife up. Now I can't forget or get lazy about being a member.


                Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
                CGN/CGSAA Contributor
                NRA Life Member

                Comment

                • #83
                  Noble Cause
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 2633

                  Originally posted by Click Boom
                  I hate how those would trash our liberty describe the NRA as some shady front for big business, when over 90% of their money comes from donations of $200 or less.

                  The NRA is a group of people. Fellow Americans, who want to protect their civil rights. It is a civil rights organization. The "special interest" is to not use the bill of rights as toilet paper.
                  Well said.

                  Article on NRA donations:

                  The money powering the NRA


                  Contributions came from nearly 30,000 donors, with around 90% of donations
                  made by people who gave less than $200 in a single year. According to the
                  NRA, the average donation is around $35.

                  The NRA's ability to raise so much money from small donations is highly
                  unusual for a special interest group, demonstrating its wide reaching support,
                  said Sarah Bryner, research director at the Center for Responsive Politics.

                  Only one person has donated even close to the maximum amount allowed by
                  federal law, which is $5,000 per year: a computer programmer from Houston.
                  Since 2005, he has donated $50,050 -- just shy of the $55,000 allowed for
                  the 11-year period (including this year).
                  Note the Hero who has given $5k per year for years, a Computer
                  Programmer from Houston Texas.


                  Noble
                  Last edited by Noble Cause; 12-20-2015, 4:40 PM. Reason: Typo

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    readysetgo
                    CGSSA Coordinator
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 8694

                    Originally posted by Noble Cause
                    Note the Hero who has given $5k per year for 11 years, a Computer
                    Programmer from Houston Texas.


                    Noble
                    Totally noted! 2a bad mutha right there.
                    Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted... -Mac

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      Mr.Misha
                      Junior Member
                      • Jul 2015
                      • 53

                      Looks like a NRA is using your hard earned money on high salaries. Over 40m is salaries? You guys are getting scammed.

                      Since 2013, the IRS has released data culled from millions of nonprofit tax filings. Use this database to find organizations and see details like their executive compensation, revenue and expenses, as well as download tax filings going back as far as 2001.


                      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        pterrell
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 3576

                        I became a life member the other day. I finally had some disposable income to actually spend on it. Glad I did. I might sign my wife up too next year.

                        Love them or hate them, they are a big voice in Washington. They may compromise but they're playing the long game.
                        Dear ISIS, Texas is not known for their gun free zones.


                        Patches sold here. I am not affiliated with this page in any way.

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          LowThudd
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2011
                          • 3608

                          Mr. Misha is not a 2A proponent. Not in my oppinion anyway. Here are a couple posts from another thread on the subject. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...7#post16868757

                          I'm a gun enthusiast but I also agree with some gun laws. If you can't hit something with 10 rounds, you certainly won't hit it with 15. In my opinion unless you're DoD, there's no reason in having 30 round magazines. Is it annoying having a CA bullet button and other restrictions? Absolutely, but it might save some lives when a lunatic decides to go nuts at a mall.

                          Anyways, there's good points on both sides. No need to knock on people's doors and stick your beliefs on someone else. I've just got on this forum, and most of it is grown men *****ing and moaning about ****. Come on now...
                          Most people who commit gun crimes are not gun enthusiasts so they will use whatever is available to them at the local gun store. If there's a high cap mag available, they'll use that. If not, they'll use whatever they can get.
                          And asking how a 10 day waiting period or a bullet button stops crime isn't a lack of logic? Seriously? Like I said earlier, criminals will use whatever is available to them.

                          How will you survive without a 30 round mag? Oh man... I like the fact that if someone isn't a die hard gun nut gets labeled as an anti. No worries, thanks for your opinion.

                          Keep em' coming guys. I thought I'd be bored at work today but things are looking up!
                          In regards to the bullet button, I think that's just common sense. Do you want me to also explain how 10 round mag is better than a drum mag?

                          I rather have the Sherman Oaks gang bangers have a semi with a 10 round mag than an auto with a drum mag.

                          Like I said, I don't understand why a difference in opinion is automatically attacked but it's all good, its entertaining.
                          "It’s based upon the desire of liberals for total supremacy" is my favorite quote in that whole article... Are they comparing Liberals to the KKK? Lol. I'm a little saddned they didn't call Obama Hitler. After all, i was waiting for it.

                          Had nothing to do with facts. Just a bunch of propganda. Still don't understand what being Liberal or Conservative has anything to do with the 2nd ammendment.

                          But it's defintely Liberal's and Obama's fault! And THAT'S a fact Jack! Oh man...

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            boludo12
                            Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 451

                            Just upped mine for a 2 year sentence. I wish I could pop for a lifetime.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              LowThudd
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2011
                              • 3608

                              Originally posted by boludo12
                              Just upped mine for a 2 year sentence. I wish I could pop for a lifetime.
                              The extended pay lifetime is really managable. I went with that. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1143927

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                oddball
                                Veteran Member
                                • Sep 2008
                                • 3331

                                Originally posted by Mr.Misha
                                Looks like a NRA is using your hard earned money on high salaries. Over 40m is salaries? You guys are getting scammed.

                                Since 2013, the IRS has released data culled from millions of nonprofit tax filings. Use this database to find organizations and see details like their executive compensation, revenue and expenses, as well as download tax filings going back as far as 2001.


                                Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
                                And this forum is being scammed by the likes of you pretending to be a friend of the 2A, judging from your past posts on the legitimacy of bullet buttons, 10 round magazines and waiting periods.

                                Of course you would never be a member of the NRA.
                                _______________


                                "You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1