Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Can I say "Assault Rifle" again?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    FNP45TACTICAL
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 705

    If it has a stock it's a rifle. Don't assault people with it and it won't be an assault rifle. Some a little older then me may have better info but I'd figure it's a political term. Something to paint a scary picture to the impressionable that they are not talking about a "deer rifle". To me it's a rifle. Semi auto. And thankfully I have plenty of standard capacity magazines to go with it.
    Last edited by FNP45TACTICAL; 03-01-2015, 8:14 PM.

    Comment

    • #17
      NIKSD
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2013
      • 1126

      Do you have assault knives? Or assault cars? Or assault ropes? There are a lot of different types of equipment people can use to assault other people. The whole terminology "assault weapon" is stupid and makes no sense. All my weapons are "weapons for fun" and "defensive weapons". /well, I have some chemical weapons for mass distruction- the anti mosquito spray, but it is still defensive WMD/.
      https://jpfo.org/articles-assd03/jew-without-gun.htm

      -If communism doesn't work, why do so many people support it?
      -Because they don't work either.

      Comment

      • #18
        glock_this
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2005
        • 8225

        AR or AR15 is all I ever use. Simple, concise, no misunderstanding.
        10 +1 in the chamber

        Comment

        • #19
          v.kevin
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2014
          • 715

          Blood Gun, IMO.

          Comment

          • #20
            FNP45TACTICAL
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 705

            Originally posted by audiophil2
            I am neither yet I own a few assault rifles. I call them giggle machines since anyone that shoots them has a giggle and a smile when they are done.
            I like how audiophil2 walks in and pecker slaps all of us. Someday I will have to make the drive and shoot some of those and put that to the test.

            Comment

            • #21
              5thgen4runner
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 3514

              my limited brain hurts.

              Owwwwww

              Comment

              • #22
                SonofWWIIDI
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Nov 2011
                • 21583

                Semi automatic rifle. Gun. Barbie for men. Rifle.

                If you use a weapon against someone else (not in self defense) YOU are committing assault, not the weapon. A knife, bat, wrench, brick, rock or your fists (among other things) can be used to assault someone. But we don't call those assault weapons.

                I have yet to come across any inanimate object that is capable of assault (or hunting, or sporting for that matter). I have read about many people who have used various inanimate objects to assault people however.
                Sorry, not sorry.
                🎺

                Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                Comment

                • #23
                  xxINKxx
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2008
                  • 4289

                  Sexual assault rifle...
                  "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    RR.44
                    CGSSA Leader
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 1933

                    Go easy into the night, just call them black rifles, those of us in the know will understand.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      5thgen4runner
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 3514

                      Originally posted by xxINKxx
                      Sexual assault rifle...
                      Sexault rifle.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        JoshuaS
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2012
                        • 1617

                        Assault rifle has a well defined meaning

                        1. Intermediate cartridge

                        2. Select fire

                        3. Detachable magazine

                        4. At least 300 yd effective range

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          209Sanger
                          Member
                          • Feb 2014
                          • 326

                          Originally posted by FNP45TACTICAL
                          A recent article full of 55 year old info that anyone who owns a gun should know already.

                          Just trying to put the history out there because if you ask 9 out of 10 AR owners they will tell you it stands for assault rifle or automatic rifle. I guess everyone can't be such a history buff like you bud.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            kcheung2
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 4387

                            Originally posted by Jimmybacon43
                            ...can I call an AR15 or AK type rifle an assault rifle? ... What is an "assault rifle" anyways? ...
                            If you don't know what it means, then why do you want to use the term?
                            ---------------------
                            "There is no "best." If there was, everyone here would own that one, and no other." - DSB

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Merc1138
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 19742

                              Originally posted by 209Sanger
                              Just trying to put the history out there because if you ask 9 out of 10 AR owners they will tell you it stands for assault rifle or automatic rifle. I guess everyone can't be such a history buff like you bud.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              It has nothing to do with being a "history buff", it has everything to do with most people being idiots parroting crap they see on the news.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                North Bay Guy
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2012
                                • 1230

                                If it's a RAW then I guess it's ok to call it an AW. If it's not a RAW then it should be refered to as neutered rifle.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1