Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Can I say "Assault Rifle" again?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Mitch
    Mostly Harmless
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Mar 2008
    • 6580

    Originally posted by Wook
    Modern sporting rifle works for me.
    I despise euphemisms.

    If my M1 is a battle rifle, my AR-15 can be an assault rifle.
    Originally posted by cockedandglocked
    Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

    Comment

    • #32
      dyson
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2013
      • 4342

      long gun

      Comment

      • #33
        killmime1234
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 1536

        Haha. The troll is strong with this one.

        Comment

        • #34
          Dano3467
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2013
          • 7381

          Most Californians own the neutered version of a nice rifle, that will never be, or ever should be, considered a AW.

          When you can drop the mag as designed, then it will just be a real rifle, when it has a 3 position switch for a PEWPEWPEW, then and only then can it be called an AW.

          This is why things are so **** up in Sacto.

          Comment

          • #35
            Mitch
            Mostly Harmless
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Mar 2008
            • 6580

            Originally posted by Dano3467
            Most Californians own the neutered version of a nice rifle, that will never be, or ever should be, considered a AW.

            When you can drop the mag as designed, then it will just be a real rifle, when it has a 3 position switch for a PEWPEWPEW, then and only then can it be called an AW.


            If by AW you mean "assault weapon," there is a statutory definition for that and it has nothing whatever to do with the selector switch.

            "Assault rifle" means one thing and "assault weapon" means another.

            Since Calguns members consistently cannot seem to figure this out it should be no surprise the media, etc, also have such a difficult time with it.
            Originally posted by cockedandglocked
            Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

            Comment

            • #36
              HibikiR
              Senior Member
              • May 2014
              • 2418

              Assault Rifle: Pewpewpew
              Assault Weapon: Liberalese for "Scary Pew"

              Rifle/Sporting Rifle/???: Pew

              Comment

              • #37
                RobertMW
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2013
                • 2117

                Just stick with "Rifle"

                It is by far the shortest/easiest way of saying "Rifle."

                If you need to get into specifics with someone, feel free to rattle off the model name and number, whatever modifications you have done, where it was made, what is so special about it.

                Until that point, you can point at it and say, "That is a Rifle," and it will be 100% accurate.
                Originally posted by kcbrown
                I'm most famous for my positive mental attitude.

                Comment

                • #38
                  NorCalFocus
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2013
                  • 3913

                  Add to the list, your heavy barrel bolt action is not a sniper rifle.

                  Unless your a brainless twit news anchor.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1