Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How Often Do You Clean

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    JLM Ranger
    Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 277

    Every time I shoot. Like them clean and smooth.

    Comment

    • #47
      Sheepdog1968
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2009
      • 1903

      I typically shoot in a trap league that runs about 20 weeks a year and practice a fair bit off season. I usually go between 1,000 and 2,000 rounds between cleanings. It runs just fine. The only reason I end up cleaning it that frequently is I've usually done something requiring me to take it apart. If it's apart I will clean it nim gonna try and go longer between cleanings. I've got about 5000 rounds total through this shotgun.
      RIP Louis Awerbuck. I miss you and your training.

      Comment

      • #48
        teflondog
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 4011

        I run a bore snake through my 870 after each range trip. I disassemble and do a thorough cleaning every 1k rounds. I don't shoot it much so I've only had to do a proper cleaning a few times in the past 5 years.
        Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
        Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

        Comment

        • #49
          Teeko
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2013
          • 2698

          I don't clean it too often unless I go through a case then I'll clean it once I get home

          Comment

          • #50
            AK4me
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 1282

            I've had my 870 for mor than 5 years and have only cleaned it once

            Sent from my phone
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #51
              2shotjoe
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Feb 2011
              • 26709

              I cleaned my shotgun once, once.
              Originally posted by Kestryll
              ..you're kind of a sad excuse for an attorney...
              Originally posted by Libertarian777
              ...Don't pick either side....

              Comment

              • #52
                BigFatGuy
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2010
                • 3176

                I put some oil and grease on it every other trip, but I don't recall the last time I actually cleaned it without a mechanical issue that required taking it apart...
                NRA Patron Member

                I've written up my ongoing adventures as I learn to hunt.

                Yes, you CAN fit a case of shotgun shells into a .50cal ammo can.

                I think i found an optimal solution for ammo can labeling.


                I made this target for the NRA's Marksman pistol test. I think it's a lot better than the paper plate they suggest.

                Comment

                • #53
                  SWIFT50
                  Member
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 214

                  I clean after a fun day at the range. Every time all the time.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Steve_In_29
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 5682

                    I don't think I have ever cleaned my bought new Win 1300 Defender. My semi-auto Escort simply gets the mag tube wiped down when ever I take it apart as it is too messy to handle otherwise.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      land locked
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 1015

                      Every time after shooting it whether 25 or 200 shells. It just bothers me to have a dirty gun. Just not right.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        scotchblade
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2012
                        • 795

                        I usually enjoy cleaning. But with the 590A1 I just picked up, it just has the look and feel that say "don't pamper me, you don't have to."

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          anti
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 2098

                          After every outing shooting at the clay range or out hunting in the field. 11-87's don't like to run too filthy or you may have cycling issues.

                          If you own one and haven't yet - clean out that action spring tube! And before you put the big stock retaining nut back on, place a thin coat of anti-seize compound on the threads so it's easier to remove next time.
                          Last edited by anti; 01-27-2014, 7:44 PM.
                          Truckers make the world go 'round!

                          Interested in shooting Olympic trap? Join CICTSA! (CA International Clay Target Shooting Association)

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1