Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

utas uts-15

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    mossy
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2007
    • 7435

    Originally posted by Rdcpinoy
    Just picked up a uts-15 and can't wait to take it out to the range. Any opinion on what ammo to use to break it
    anything.....use anything
    best troll thread in calguns history
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



    burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns

    Comment

    • #17
      Rdcpinoy
      Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 306

      Just took it the range and had zero issues. It ran perfect and ate all types of low brass and high brass with no problems

      Comment

      • #18
        bubbapug1
        Calguns Addict
        • Nov 2008
        • 7958

        You are lucky. I sent my back in twice before giving up on it. I had to hold the forehand pump forward (hard) to get it to shoot. If I didn't maintain forward pressure on the forehand it wouldn't shoot. Everyone who tried it had the same issue.

        That said the gun never jammed, and if I could remember the trick I could blast off all 15 rounds rather quickly. I even shot a 17/25 with it in trap at Prado. I'd buy one again if I knew it would work, it was a very comfortable well made gun.
        I love America for the rights and freedoms we used to have.

        Comment

        • #19
          saki302
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2005
          • 7191

          Originally posted by meaty-btz
          I am still waiting for a semi-auto bullpup shotgun.
          You're 30 years too late

          High Standard HS-10A HS-10B

          -Dave

          Comment

          • #20
            Germz
            Vendor/Retailer
            • Apr 2013
            • 4691

            my coworker has a uts 15 and says its cool but a PITA to clear jams. I thought it would be easier but maybe he's special. YMMV i guess.
            Retired Account

            Comment

            • #21
              'ol shooter
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 4646

              Originally posted by Rdcpinoy
              Just took it the range and had zero issues. It ran perfect and ate all types of low brass and high brass with no problems
              Of course you would say that...to admit failure would make you look like a fool.
              sigpic
              Bob B.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

              Comment

              • #22
                Endless
                Banned
                • Feb 2010
                • 1881

                Originally posted by -hanko
                Not true.
                How would you know? Are you a current owner of one? Have you put 500 rounds through one?

                If you are please share your experiences with us.

                The other issue is how would most of you California owners even know what a gen 1, 2, or 3 would even be or what was fixed? I have not seen a thread on Calguns explaining the true differences of all 3. I am an owner.

                Someone enlighten me as to what THEY THINK are the updates and I will correct them like I do on other gun thread forums.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Endless
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 1881

                  Originally posted by Rdcpinoy
                  Just picked up a uts-15 and can't wait to take it out to the range. Any opinion on what ammo to use to break it in
                  You can use anything really.

                  A lot of shooting for the gen 2 was about how you held and shot the gun.

                  Gen 1 problems were clearly seen in 'nutnfancy" video on youtube. There were so many issues with this gun and you could clearly see not one update had been applied to his firearm.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    hcbr
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 4733

                    I toyed with the thought of getting one of these double tube fed shotguns... but now i've seen how many problems these things have had, I opted NOT to get one, and probably get a vepr 12 instead
                    Be the change that you wish to see in the world.Mahatma Gandhi

                    "A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
                    ― Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      bubbapug1
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7958

                      Originally posted by hcbr
                      I toyed with the thought of getting one of these double tube fed shotguns... but now i've seen how many problems these things have had, I opted NOT to get one, and probably get a vepr 12 instead
                      I think once Utas gets the issues fixed, and they are very close to doing so, this gun will be way better than a saiga or Vepr.....16 rounds is a lot of firepower and the thing can rack them pretty quickly.The gun reminded me of an HK USC in construction and looks. I just wish it didn't come out of battery until the hammer had fallen completly.
                      I love America for the rights and freedoms we used to have.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        -me
                        Member
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 304

                        I had a gen 1 for a bit, shot a few hundred rounds with a few failures every now and then but nothing major.

                        The only thing I really didn't like was that you could pull the trigger at any time, whether or not the pump was forward and bolt locked. I called the UTAS about it, and they had someone call me back within a couple hours. They didn't consider it a problem since the gun wouldn't fire unless the bolt was actually all the way forward. That was true, but you're still discharging the hammer, and now need to re pump to get a shot off. Mine was so finicky though that if you pulled back a little on the pump after locking the bolt forward it would light strike the primer. And by light strike I mean scratch.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          bubbapug1
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7958

                          Originally posted by -me
                          I had a gen 1 for a bit, shot a few hundred rounds with a few failures every now and then but nothing major.

                          The only thing I really didn't like was that you could pull the trigger at any time, whether or not the pump was forward and bolt locked. I called the UTAS about it, and they had someone call me back within a couple hours. They didn't consider it a problem since the gun wouldn't fire unless the bolt was actually all the way forward. That was true, but you're still discharging the hammer, and now need to re pump to get a shot off. Mine was so finicky though that if you pulled back a little on the pump after locking the bolt forward it would light strike the primer. And by light strike I mean scratch.
                          I had the same issue. They just don't think there is a problem but everyone I handed the gun too couldn't get it to fire. Maybe it's a secondary safety idea!! Wow , what a concept. A gun that won't fire.
                          I love America for the rights and freedoms we used to have.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            falar
                            Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 499

                            This looks like such a good idea if there are ever any reports of this gun being "fixed" or re-engineered or whatever I'm in.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1