Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Thinking of getting saiga 12

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    bigbully
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 1904

    I'm also thinking about the Saiga 12. I already have a Benelli M4 and a Beretta Pigeon over/under so I'm just looking for another range toy that is fun and different. Is the Saiga different enough that I might enjoy it? For what it's worth, I also love shooting my AK47.

    Comment

    • #17
      hermosabeach
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2009
      • 19845

      The drawback to the S12 in Cali is the mag lock.

      It is slow and awkward vs feeding a tube on any other shotgun.

      -
      The other trick is learning the extra step in loading a mag on a closed bolt.
      You need to compress the front of the top round into the mag by pressing the round against the bolt then hook the front edge of the mag and rock to the rear.

      Some will advise grinding down the bolt to make more room and others will simply hold the bolt open with the firing hand while inserting a fresh mag.
      Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

      Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

      Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

      Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
      (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

      Comment

      • #18
        smith and wesson
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2013
        • 1877

        Originally posted by jben
        Depends on what you want it for.
        I have many guns. My Saiga 12 shooting slugs is one of my funnest guns ever! Very accurate with slugs out to at least 70 yards (furthest I've tried).
        That's what I wanted it for, shooting slugs.

        vepr 12 and bonelli are really expensive. I love the look of the vepr 12 though.

        Comment

        • #19
          rubbman
          Senior Member
          • May 2013
          • 652

          You need this!
          Last edited by rubbman; 08-01-2015, 4:34 PM.
          I once pondered over the debate of 9mm vs. .40, then I was introduced to .38 super and 10mm and forgot all about it.

          Comment

          • #20
            solarmax
            Junior Member
            • May 2013
            • 94

            +1 Benelli M4. 7 shots in 2 seconds....I feel safe...

            Comment

            • #21
              hovo777
              Member
              • Apr 2008
              • 109

              Love my Benelli M4

              Comment

              • #22
                mjh4828
                Member
                • Jun 2012
                • 118

                I was in the same boat as you. I really was leaning towards a saiga but after reading and reading about them on different fourms I went for the vepr. It cost more but if you figure in the work you will be doing on the saiga it brings the price alot closer Happy with my choice. My brother has the benneli cant go wrong there either.

                Comment

                • #23
                  mjh4828
                  Member
                  • Jun 2012
                  • 118

                  Oh ....Holy crap vepr mags cost a fortune.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    bigbearbear
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 5378

                    While I don't have one, the nice sales person at Reed's Indoor Range let me hold a Benelli M4 even though I told him I wasn't buying right away.

                    You should go try it, the M4 is weighted deliciously just right and the M16 styled Ghost Ring is very easy to aim with, especially if you're going to be shooting slugs.

                    I would've bought it except that wife prefers the Benelli SuperSports to shoot skeet with.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Nicoman
                      Guardian of masculinity
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 1320

                      Get the Saiga 12!!! This was mine, sometimes I wish I hadn't sold it

                      Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                      I like FDE because when I pose for pictures with my FDE guns it makes me look more like an operator.
                      Originally posted by Nutnfancy
                      "Preserve your gat"

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        smith and wesson
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 1877

                        They have saigas on sale at turners right now, saw it i their weekly ad online.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          smith and wesson
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2013
                          • 1877

                          I ended up getting a raptor a tac from tristar, semi auto also at turners for 299.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Sicarius
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 2917

                            The S12 is a fun gun but definitely not my "go-to". If this will be your first and possibly only semi auto, I think there are much better shotguns out there. Benelli M1/M2 is absolutely a wonder shotgun. You can probably find one used in that price range. If you are hard set on 800, look into the spx or even a Remington 1100. Again, the S12 is fun but the mag lock really is a killjoy. Then you have to factor in the cost of mags and 922r compliance parts if you start converting it. You can have 1200+ into it after everything is said and done with it after tax, mags and conversion parts. They do have their quirks and in my experience, not nearly as reliable as any of the other semi auto's I have owned or used. A lot is dependent on the ammo and for a blaster like that, I run wali world bulk pack federal(don't bother with Winchester at all) but all my other firearms eat it up no problem.
                            Kevin

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              BRANCHER
                              Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 400

                              They have it right. If you can afford it get the M4... I have a Vepr 12... Rem 1100 tactical... and FN SLP as well and the Benelli is the best of them all... not to say I don't really the others (I do) but I believe the M4 is the best of tactical semi auto shotguns.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Vertigofirearms
                                Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 430

                                why bother with a detachable magazine designed shotgun that needs a maglock and a conversion?
                                Originally posted by SBCZILLA (ARFCOM)
                                Its a ****in tube, one end capped, one end threaded. Dont over think it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1