Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recommend a So Cal Basic Shotgun Training Courses

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JDPhx501
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 816

    Recommend a So Cal Basic Shotgun Training Courses

    Looking to get some formal training and instruction for operating my shotgun in the So Cal area during summer.

    Any suggestions for a Basic/Intro course?

    I looked at the ITTS Basic Shotgun 1 and sent in an inquiry but no reply yet. Prerequisite handgun course stated but I do not own a handgun nor have any interest in owning or training with one. I just want to learn how to operate my shotgun.
  • #2
    idex
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 41

    Try Greg Block

    Develop your skills with handguns, rifles and shotguns, from basic to advanced in Southern California. Highly credentialed instructor Greg Block emphasizes civilian self-defense situations. Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained!

    Comment

    • #3
      JDPhx501
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 816

      Thanks! That looks good too.

      Comment

      • #4
        idex
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2011
        • 41

        Np, be prepared for a sore shoulder.

        Comment

        • #5
          JDPhx501
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2011
          • 816

          Thanks! Will remember that, though I am use to shooting 150-200 rounds of birdshot at any one range trip for clays haha.

          Comment

          • #6
            goldduster
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Jun 2009
            • 161

            Go to the top of this forum section and see Socal Clinic!

            Comment

            • #7
              kdruff2
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2012
              • 1218

              What type of training are you looking for? Skeet, sporting clays, Tatical/HD, 3Gun, etc.?

              Comment

              • #8
                Khanan
                Member
                • Apr 2011
                • 329

                Originally posted by goldduster
                Go to the top of this forum section and see Socal Clinic!
                +1000

                The SoCal Skeet Clinic will teach you ever thing you need to know about a shotgun. I didn't even know how to properly mount a shotgun when I went there. Now I'm shooting skeet tounaments.

                Coach Don Ziegler and his sidekick (boy I'm going to hear about this one) Richard will really get you knowing how to properly mount and fire a shotgun.

                There aren't any dates posted for these but I have been told there will be some soon.

                The best part is you are only paying $20 for the best damn shotgun instruction on the planet.
                What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  JDPhx501
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 816

                  Originally posted by jessegpresley
                  Scott Reitz at ITTS is supposed to be one of the top 3 combat shotgun instructors around (Louis Awerbuck and Rob Haught being the other 2). He's an instructor for LAPD Metro and has been with them for 30 years.

                  I'll assume they want you to take Handgun I first because it covers a lot of range safety, the 4 safety rules, etc. From the equipment list it doesn't look like you'll be transitioning to handgun.
                  Looking for shotgun class with emphasis on defensive use. I'm not into the whole dramatic tactical stuff actually, to be clear. If you have read my other posts before you know I frown at my friends who tell me to get a pistol so I can either fight to my primary or transition to a secondary. Too dramatic for me. I just want to be proficient with my Benelli M4.

                  Yes, for some reason I want to take ITTS but they still have not yet replied to my inquiry.

                  I do not want to take Handgun I if I can get away with it. Not to sound full of myself but I am not a complete beginner with firearms, I always treat the gun as loaded, muzzle awareness, range safety and also I have absolutely no interest in handguns or owning one so taking that class will not have any long lasting benefits at a greater expense.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    scott_kart
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • 534

                    Take a look at FTA, if you just want to get your toes wet, try this:
                    Concealed, riverside county, Los Angeles county, Orange County, San Diego county, riverside county, Los Angeles county, Orange County, San Diego county, riverside county ccw, Los Angeles county ccw, Orange County ccw, San Diego county ccw, ccw, ca ccw, concealed carry, firearms, pistol, shotgun, carbine, rifle, training, shooting, guns, handgun, gun, gun training, firearms training, pistol training, riverside county ccw, Orange County ccw,

                    If you are looking to jump all the way into the pool, check this one out:
                    Concealed, riverside county, Los Angeles county, Orange County, San Diego county, riverside county, Los Angeles county, Orange County, San Diego county, riverside county ccw, Los Angeles county ccw, Orange County ccw, San Diego county ccw, ccw, ca ccw, concealed carry, firearms, pistol, shotgun, carbine, rifle, training, shooting, guns, handgun, gun, gun training, firearms training, pistol training, riverside county ccw, Orange County ccw,


                    I have not taken either of these courses yet, but I have done handgun classes and thought they did a good job.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Thefeeder
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jun 2007
                      • 5007

                      ><

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JDPhx501
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 816

                        Are they going to let me use my M4? The point of going to training is to get better with what I have.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          JDPhx501
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 816

                          Originally posted by scott_kart
                          Take a look at FTA, if you just want to get your toes wet, try this:
                          Concealed, riverside county, Los Angeles county, Orange County, San Diego county, riverside county, Los Angeles county, Orange County, San Diego county, riverside county ccw, Los Angeles county ccw, Orange County ccw, San Diego county ccw, ccw, ca ccw, concealed carry, firearms, pistol, shotgun, carbine, rifle, training, shooting, guns, handgun, gun, gun training, firearms training, pistol training, riverside county ccw, Orange County ccw,

                          If you are looking to jump all the way into the pool, check this one out:
                          Concealed, riverside county, Los Angeles county, Orange County, San Diego county, riverside county, Los Angeles county, Orange County, San Diego county, riverside county ccw, Los Angeles county ccw, Orange County ccw, San Diego county ccw, ccw, ca ccw, concealed carry, firearms, pistol, shotgun, carbine, rifle, training, shooting, guns, handgun, gun, gun training, firearms training, pistol training, riverside county ccw, Orange County ccw,


                          I have not taken either of these courses yet, but I have done handgun classes and thought they did a good job.
                          These look good, too, plus closer to where I am at. Thanks!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ysr_racer
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 12014

                            Take the skeet class at TBC.

                            Hell, if you can hit a four inch target flying thru the air, shooting some a-hole in your bedroom shouldn't be a problem.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Ricky-Ray
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2010
                              • 3161

                              Take a look at Civilian Arms Training, www.civilianarmstraining.com.

                              A direct link to their defensive shotgun class. http://civilianarmstraining.com/inde...101&Itemid=178

                              I've taken their shotgun course twice and loved it. Your Benelli M4 will be fine for the class, although you will see quite a few Remington 870's and Mossberg 500/590's as what most students bring.
                              Ray

                              "If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1