Give him bad feedback and move on with your life.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Screwed over
Collapse
X
-
I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy! -
+1. However, there are still some good people out there too. Good luck on the hunt.*********************
WTS:
1. PW 800+ Hydro Multispeed (just the hydraulic unit that also works with Spolar press)
2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)
Comment
-
-
Comment
-
Mistakes happen. It would be nice if you are shown some sort of appreciation.
However, it should not be expected...Comment
-
Sorry, but having been in business for over 30 years, I know only too well how mistakes happen. Problem is, it was YOUR mistake, not his. I agree there should have been some dialog between the two of you to make the error less painful, but in the end, you made the mistake and should have honored the deal. The money loss from people who will now second guess doing business with you may far exceed what you may have lost on the deal.
Unfortunate situation.Comment
-
bad idea, as appealing as it sounds. blacklists are always open to abuse. there will be vindictive buyers who will list honest sellers there simply because they didn't get their price, or use the threat of the list to try to bully a better price.Comment
-
So your employee made a mistake, and you punish the consumer? The right thing to do is sell the gun at the price YOUR COMPANY listed. If that's 50% of your cost, its your problem. Doing the right thing with some integrity will pay off in the long run.
What happens in a retail store if you mismark an item? Guess what, you are obligated to sell it for that price.
Nobody forced you to be in the gun business, and this is part of being the owner, you get to eat mistakes your employees make. If you can't afford to swallow a few bucks for a mistake YOU made, then it sounds like your ship is already sunk.Comment
-
One just got put on the shelf at Turners in Pasadena, 800.00, this was just yesterday, call to see if it is still there.I got screwed over on Gunroker.com by a dealer FFL out of Louisville, KY. I bought a saiga 12 shotgun a few weeks ago. He accepted my buy now bid for $759.00. Then he sent me a acceptance email the next day. He then called me and said, "No, I can't sell you this gun. The price was a mistake". I called him on it and he became arguementative, swearing at me. He told me to go to walmart. NICE guy! Buyer beware of "Money solutions". His company is Auctions ASAP. He's a glorified pawnbroker. Scammer! ANYWAY, I am looking for a saiga 12 at a resaonable price. Good luck I guess. let me know. I emailed Gunbroker about the complaint. Good luck with that too. Im sooooo pissed! Price gouging.Comment
-
Johnnyringos claims of getting screwed are a little exaggerated to say the least. We are the dealer that had that firearm and one of our guys made an honest mistake listing the item on gunbroker. He used an old listing and relisted it as a fixed price but it should have been an auction with the price as the starting price. If you’ve sold on gunbroker you know that you can’t change the method from fixed price to auction when relisting an item which he didn’t realize. So with the mistake it sold before someone could see the mistake and correct it. So Robert/Johnnyringo called us and at that time I personally tried to explain it was a mistake but he wasn’t having any of that. He started getting abusive and demanded to speak to the owner/manager well to his surprise he had been speaking with me all along.
We’ve all seen the crazies at the Walmart customer counter and other places like that where the customers are acting a fool. For some reason we’ve grown to tolerate that in our society.
On the charge of price gouging I'm not sure how that applies, when you sell something at auction you allow the buyer to determine the price and its not like we put a gun to anyone’s head, we dont even know the internet buyers. With the corrupt politicians trying to ban all these guns along with the manufacturers not being able to meet the demand prices will go up. If as consumers we don’t understand that it’s the simple supply and demand curve we need to read an economic book maybe one from Milton Freidman would be a good start.
As a buyer does anyone realize the fact that when our stores are bare and inventory is nonexistent like right now that our overhead continues, employee wages are still there. Landlords aren’t coming in and saying oh don’t worry about it because rents free until you can get product in to sell whenever that is. The electric, phone & water company still sends you bills and they don’t care. As a result of this frenzy it will undoubtedly cause many local gun shops to close.
We would love to be able to sell guns under cost because of a mistake but I don’t know how you do that Johnnyringo…..A gun that we can’t even get at a price close to that. Honest mistakes will happen from time to time….
And Johnnyringo we are not a pawnbroker, dont try to make us out to be something that what we are not, making these false characterizations trying to demonize us. We are just a small business struggling in this Obama economy.
So? You screwed up. Man up and take the hit for your mistake. You made a contract with the man and you are in breach.Comment
-
Some of us "new" people have bought guns the normal way for the past 50 years and are now forced into this cess pool market by the circumstances. I am so tired of being called a fool by the "senior" members here.
I guess if the moderators of this forum care, they will stop the few a@@holes on this site.
As far as the listing goes, I won't be bidding on anything from this seller and thanks for the warning. I own a business and I eat mistakes my employees make. It's buyer beware on gunbrokers. I usually look up all the items that a seller has listed and if I find a pattern of strawman bidders, I stay away. It's pretty easy to see that a bidder is bidding on all the items from one seller but on none of the same item from others sellers!Comment
-
You must have never sold on gunbroker. We have about one every two or three weeks that backs out of a transaction just like ebay and no gunbroker doesnt make it right, if we jump throught their hoops we might get our sellers fees refunded in about 45 days. Not sure what imaginery power they have to force a transaction to completion, maybe the same one ebay has.
And no we dont have the power to force someone to complete a transaction and have actually let those that ask to back out as long as they are honest and have a reasonable excuse. Just for the record gunbroker doesnt have a mechanism to recover the fees without reporting them as a non-paying bidder so then we take a loss. We focus on honest and reasonable....as a society have we moved past that?Comment
-
Yup, it's on the seller if there was a mistake made on their auction. I remember selling a pretty big Star Wars vehicle on ebay. Well, I neglected to state that shipping outside of the continental '48 would cost more and would have to be negotiated at auction's closing. Sure enough, someone from Europe bought my item, and even though I ended up losing my shirt over the shipping cost I had to honor my end of the deal because it was MY AUCTION, MY MISTAKE...
I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...Comment
-
So WHAT ARE YOU/DID you OFFER to Robert/Johnnyringo to "MAKE IT RIGHT"???You must have never sold on gunbroker. We have about one every two or three weeks that backs out of a transaction just like ebay and no gunbroker doesnt make it right, if we jump throught their hoops we might get our sellers fees refunded in about 45 days. Not sure what imaginery power they have to force a transaction to completion, maybe the same one ebay has.
And no we dont have the power to force someone to complete a transaction and have actually let those that ask to back out as long as they are honest and have a reasonable excuse. Just for the record gunbroker doesnt have a mechanism to recover the fees without reporting them as a non-paying bidder so then we take a loss. We focus on honest and reasonable....as a society have we moved past that?
Or is he In fact SCREWED BY YOUR "mistake"...(which we all see as a sort of "price gouging" for you by selling it to someone for more $$$)Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,155
Posts: 25,144,896
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,510
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 53671 users online. 73 members and 53598 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment