Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why should I get...... Panda with a shotgun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nihonto Chicken
    Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 455

    Originally posted by chad68
    Ha that reminds me. I was watching one of those free horror movies from Comcast "The reeds". The bad guy racked his shotgun at least 5 times over the course of 10 minutes and all the time never even fired the gun once.
    Hahahahaha! I remember surfing across a grade Z movie many, many years ago with big boobs Adrienne Barbeau in skin tight cotton top similarly re-re-re-racking a shotgun with nary a shell ever exiting the exhaust port. Then again, it's a well documented fact that the mere cha-chak sound can kill (or at least loosen the sphincter in a life threatening manner).
    "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~ C. S. Lewis

    Comment

    • PandaLuv
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 641

      Originally posted by Beetle Bailey
      So you got the Mossberg 500? Congrats!
      I know, I'm horrible.

      I couldn't say good by to my sig pro, so I bought the 500.
      Молон Лабе
      I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12

      Comment

      • iamgbot
        Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 178

        Congrats on the new fun gun! I love my 870, friends just get a kick out of it.

        Comment

        • Shoobee
          Banned
          • Jan 2012
          • 532

          Originally posted by prc77
          airman?? insecure? WTF are you talking about.
          I guess your thing is to sit at the keyboard and talk smack, but NO BALLS to back it up. come show every one how you don't miss. btw I did notice one thing regarding the pic of your shotgun. The absence of wear marks

          SHOBEE you joined Calguns 1-25-12 and have 149 posts already. You got alot to say, that's for sure
          Airman.

          Zoomie.

          Sky pilot.

          Comment

          • Shoobee
            Banned
            • Jan 2012
            • 532

            Originally posted by PandaLuv
            I know, I'm horrible.

            I couldn't say good by to my sig pro, so I bought the 500.
            Good choice, on the Mossberg 500.

            I have a 590.

            These are great shotguns!

            Comment

            • prc77
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 2578

              Originally posted by Shoobee
              Airman.

              Zoomie.

              Sky pilot.
              again,, WTH are you talking about. You must think I was, or am in the Airforce. You would be wrong.
              C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
              83-85

              USPSA CRO
              MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun


              sigpic

              Comment

              • Shoobee
                Banned
                • Jan 2012
                • 532

                Ok then ...

                Go Navy! Beat Army! 10 More Years!

                Comment

                • b.thomas
                  Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 373

                  Because it's more fun shooting at clay pigeons while their flying though the air then it is punching little holes in a piece of paper!

                  Comment

                  • coy80176
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 1917

                    Check out the Martinez Gun Club

                    They have a board to pattern your shot, a bunch of different throws: trap, wooble, skeet, 5 stand....definately start with trap for learning (straight throw), and a good club house with a bar for apres' livations Good folks out there.

                    If you (all) go, hollar back, it'd be a pleasure to join in the fun.

                    Cheers, and congrats on the SG!


                    "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power... like God must feel when he's holding a gun." - Homer

                    Comment

                    • TheClap1
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 557

                      It's my ultimate tool for The Zombie Breakout. Yes folks, it will happen!

                      Comment

                      • PandaLuv
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 641

                        Bruce told me that USI has skeet shooting every thursday, how does it work?

                        Also, where should I buy ammo? Which ammo? How much ammo should I buy before I can't take the pain to the shouldeR?
                        Молон Лабе
                        I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12

                        Comment

                        • mrblah
                          Member
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 221

                          Originally posted by PandaLuv
                          Bruce told me that USI has skeet shooting every thursday, how does it work?

                          Also, where should I buy ammo? Which ammo? How much ammo should I buy before I can't take the pain to the shouldeR?
                          Just a suggestion, buy at least a limbsaver pad, it helps alot with keeping the shotgun from wearing you out (only if you plan on keeping the manufacture/oem stock).

                          Ammo? I tend to buy either federal or winchester target loads from Wallyworld (2 3/4 size #8), keep in mind I shoot for fun, so if you plan on shooting regulation, it might have ammo requirements. I tend to buy 2 boxes of 100 for a full day of fun. Your mileage may vary. So call ahead. You can also find clay pidgeons at wallyworld, and any where that sells hunting supplies (wallyworld, turners, or Basspros, etc).

                          Have fun, skeet can be fun and fustrating at the same time .

                          Comment

                          • XYZ
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 5481

                            Consider taking this clinic:



                            I forgot this was a sticky since I use Tapatalk and don't always select that option. As of now the Feb 4 and 11 clinics are full but he always has them. Great lessons for $55 at Pacific Rod and Gun Club.
                            sigpic
                            NRA Endowment Member

                            Comment

                            • chuckdc
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 1919

                              Originally posted by PandaLuv
                              I know, I'm horrible.

                              I couldn't say good by to my sig pro, so I bought the 500.
                              first shotgun I ever bought was a 500, and I still have it, 25 years later. I have others , but the 500 still gets it done.
                              "Mr. Rat, I have a writ here that says you are to stop eating Chen Lee's cornmeal forthwith. Now, It's a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of same!"

                              Comment

                              • BJames
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2010
                                • 548

                                I shot trap for the first time with my son at ASR when my father-in-law brought down a couple of his. What a "blast"! My son flipped over it (he's 13). I have wanted to get a shotgun for HD, but I'm trying not to spend a lot these days. This is a good hobby/sport to be involved in for that! I know there are some combo shotguns with 2 barrels.

                                Does anyone have any of these that they can recommend? Or, do you have any opinions on the combo option? I saw some guys shooting their semi-auto HD shotgun at the range - they were shooting trap also. But, I imagine that's limiting.

                                Sorry to hijack the thread, but I thought is was appropriate to add to the conversation.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1