Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Did I chose the right beginners shotgun?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    BigRed42
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 7

    yeah didnt really look around for cheaper price but Wild Bills is one of my favorite stoes so next time ill check around

    Comment

    • #17
      twotap
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 2825

      I have had a Hawk for several years now . I bought it for tactical shot gun classes. It has been thrown down ,beaten up,filled with dirt, and has always been dependable. It is also my go to truck gun. It is NOT a Remington... I also own several of those. That being said ..Congrats on your purchase. I 'm sure you will be as happy with yours as I am with mine for many ,many, many rounds to come.

      Comment

      • #18
        coyotebait
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2011
        • 1319

        Originally posted by BigRed42
        So i just bought the Hawk interstate 982 today which im extremely excited for, but my friends are telling me that its cheap knock off design of the 870? is that true or is it dependable? just asking because im a rifle boy and new to shoguns in general
        If you're breaching doors and chasing bad guys, then you absolutely bought the wrong shot gun....if you're target shooting and having fun...then the only wrong one is one that doesn't go bang. Have fun and don't worry about what your buds think. In fact, if they think you need a better one, then let them buy it for you!!
        (nothing against the gun, Imo, I just won't go with a clone where my life is on the line....)
        Last edited by coyotebait; 11-10-2011, 7:06 AM.
        R.I.P. Chris Kyle. 2/2/13

        Comment

        • #19
          call-in
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 646

          Originally posted by coyotebait
          (nothing against the gun, Imo, I just won't go with a clone where my life is on the line....)
          I wouldn't have reservations on bringin a Springfield, Baer or Kimber 1911 clone to gunfight.
          -Colin
          ︻デ═一

          Originally posted by KillAllGuns
          Black color scheme makes the bullets more deadly.

          Comment

          • #20
            blazeaglory
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2011
            • 6370

            Originally posted by coyotebait
            If you're breaching doors and chasing bad guys, then you absolutely bought the wrong shot gun....if you're target shooting and having fun...then the only wrong one is one that doesn't go bang. Have fun and don't worry about what your buds think. In fact, if they think you need a better one, then let them buy it for you!!
            (nothing against the gun, Imo, I just won't go with a clone where my life is on the line....)
            Oh cmon. Its a well made shotgun. Just cause it somewhat resembles an 870 does not make it a clone.

            I say if the shotgun fits for what you do with it and it doesn't jam up or misfire than youve made a good purchase.

            So far I have not heard too many good or bad things about any shotgun on this forum..lol.

            It all depends on what your going to use it for. Plinking or skeet? Bashing down doors or protecting love ones? There is a shotgun made out there just for you
            A note to the NSA or anyone gathering information on me, this disclaimer is for you..."Everything I type on this website Is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. None of it is true."

            Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.

            Comment

            • #21
              tonelar
              Dinosaur
              • Mar 2008
              • 6081

              No experience with the Hawk, but one of my fave CAS shotguns is my Norinco 97 (copy of the Winchester 97)
              Over 10 seasons of cowboy action and its just as reliable as my original 97.

              And Id trust my life to a clone I have owned and operated over a new in the box example of the genuine article.
              Last edited by tonelar; 11-10-2011, 3:03 PM.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                Wherryj
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Mar 2010
                • 11085

                Originally posted by BigFatGuy
                When a single apostrophe is the difference between advice and a murder spree. ;-)
                Perhaps THIS is where the phrase "Grammar POLICE" originates?
                "What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?"
                -Antonin Scalia, Supreme Court Justice
                "Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
                I like my guns like the left likes their voters-"undocumented".

                Comment

                • #23
                  yuccales
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 1127

                  Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                  What are you planning on using it for? Hunting (what kind), trap, sporting clays, skeet, home defense or just going out to the desert and blasting stuff? The fact is that your gun will work just fine for the purposes it was intended for. It will not depreciate any more than an 870 will. It won't break or wear out any faster than an 870 either. If you are happy with it and it is designed to do what you want to do with it, it's a fine purchase.
                  Well said.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Mickey D
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 3502

                    Originally posted by BigFatGuy
                    When a single apostrophe is the difference between advice and a murder spree. ;-)
                    Education these days...
                    ***Honesty is the Foundation of One's Character***

                    *** In comparing the virtues of various calibers, using hollow point ammo: it is absolutely undeniable that, while a 9 mm or .40 S&W may or may not expand, a .45 will never shrink. ***

                    ***Mature Up***

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Peachdog
                      Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 123

                      Originally posted by Mickey D
                      Education these days...
                      He was making a joke and a very good one.

                      Hawk 982 is a clone of the 870, but i've shot my friends...
                      He fired his weapon and hit his friends.

                      versus

                      Hawk 982 is a clone of the 870, but i've shot my friend's...
                      His friend let him shoot his weapon.


                      Comprehension these days!

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Gurney
                        Junior Member
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 97

                        "Perhaps THIS is where the phrase "Grammar POLICE" originates?"

                        Not likely; but it might have something to do with the 'Spelling Police.'
                        Hatred has never won the peace. The most hatred has ever won is a lull between wars.
                        **************************************
                        If you want to get to know people, learn their music. Then learn their cooking. Then watch how your kids play together.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          BigFatGuy
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 3176

                          Originally posted by Wherryj
                          Perhaps THIS is where the phrase "Grammar POLICE" originates?
                          Does nobody on this site have a damn sense of humor?
                          NRA Patron Member

                          I've written up my ongoing adventures as I learn to hunt.

                          Yes, you CAN fit a case of shotgun shells into a .50cal ammo can.

                          I think i found an optimal solution for ammo can labeling.


                          I made this target for the NRA's Marksman pistol test. I think it's a lot better than the paper plate they suggest.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            daybreak
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 1735

                            Yeah seriously, I thought it was rather clever and funny.

                            my YouTube shooting channel

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              xrMike
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Feb 2006
                              • 7841

                              Originally posted by Mossy Man
                              i just got back from Big5 to pick up some .22LR ammo, and saw the Interstate 982 for sale there for $199.
                              I think you should have jumped on that. I got mine for that price almost a year ago. Now the local Big5 never has that model in stock anymore, let alone put it on sale like that. If you see it again, grab it. You will like it. No complaints or failures with mine. The action was rough at first but it's really smoothed out after putting 200+ rounds through it.

                              Originally posted by BigFatGuy
                              When a single apostrophe is the difference between advice and a murder spree. ;-)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1