Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Saiga 12...Why dont u have one?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    sseric75
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 836

    I Paid a little over 600 bucks and also did my own conversion. I have Shot over 1k rounds of bulk remington bird shot from Wally World through mine. I think people are just scared of trying something new. Here is a picture for all the Haters.


    NRA and DOJ Certified Firearms Instructor

    Comment

    • #77
      SacDep
      Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 373

      crappy picture i know

      nice pictures fellow Saiga owners. lets keep em comin!



      "I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.." -L. Tomlan

      Comment

      • #78
        Trendkill
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2008
        • 3492

        Originally posted by impactco
        We shoot clays all the time with mine. Worthless for trap or skeet without a choke. Always gets a few evil stares from the wood stock traditionalists.

        I actually took off the forward grip since it feels much better without it.

        Dude....that thing is just flat out bad a**
        "I am the bastard son...The expendable one...
        ...War is in my blood ...Rage is in my heart."


        Originally posted by oaklander
        I didn't miss the bend-over-party every time a friend wanted to get in my back seat. . .
        Originally posted by ChrisO
        .......No not a Knights In Satans Service rifle lol.

        Comment

        • #79
          knucklehead 61
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2008
          • 745

          Originally posted by sseric75
          I Paid a little over 600 bucks and also did my own conversion. I have Shot over 1k rounds of bulk remington bird shot from Wally World through mine. I think people are just scared of trying something new. Here is a picture for all the Haters.
          mine does not seem to like the el cheapo wally world bulk ammo & wants to jamb while ejecting.
          any thoughts on a cure?
          also, what setting should the numbered thingie under the barrel be set on?
          Originally posted by pullnshoot25
          What does T&A mean?
          Originally posted by NSR500
          Do you have any concerns of "Over Penetration"?
          Originally posted by spyder
          I like my women like I like my whiskey.

          Twelve years old and mixed up with coke!

          Comment

          • #80
            sseric75
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2006
            • 836

            The only mod I did on mine on the action is the reduced power recoil spring from Carolina Shooters Supply. These guns were not designed to shoot the cheap crap but with that only mod I've had not one single problem with my Cheap, Ugly, Scary, Russian Shotgun.

            NRA and DOJ Certified Firearms Instructor

            Comment

            • #81
              pacrimguru
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2008
              • 3595

              ugly? i don't think so.



              Comment

              • #82
                wikidklown
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2007
                • 1839

                Originally posted by knucklehead 61
                mine does not seem to like the el cheapo wally world bulk ammo & wants to jamb while ejecting.
                any thoughts on a cure?
                also, what setting should the numbered thingie under the barrel be set on?
                Bro, get the 1325FPS steelshots, runs great on mine....

                I replaced the recoil spring with a reduced power one but still short cycles most of the time with the 1200FPS but runs great with the 1325FPS.

                I played with the settings but it seem to reduce pressure even more.... Leave it at default.

                Originally posted by PIRATE14
                Pretty sure you can find them around....550-700 right now....
                Actually less than 5 bills if you look around.....






                Why don't I have one? I do. I was gonna get a benneli but when I found out the total I opted for a Remi 1100 and a S12 that cost less total.
                The S12 still jams with el cheapo walmart shells (1200FPS) but runs great with the 1325FPS steelshots...
                The Rem 1100 has not malfunction on me yet from the last 2 matches I've been...

                Anyway, I ended up converting my S12 myself:

                Last edited by wikidklown; 03-10-2010, 1:43 AM.
                "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
                (United States Constitution)
                "A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

                Comment

                • #83
                  JagerTroop
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 3922

                  I don't have one because...




















                  Oh, wait! I DO have one



                  To all those that don't care for the S-12, don't blame it on the price. If you think it's ugly, or impractical, that's fine. But price? Is that Les Baer 1911 really worth $2-7k? Probably not, but people still buy them(well, maybe not the $7k model ). Hell, my Kimber cost twice as much as my Sig P220, yet they do the same job. However, people aren't ranting about the cost of Kimbers.

                  It's a fun shotgun, that functions great. Give it a shot.
                  -A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.*
                  *participation may vary by location. Not valid in California.

                  Originally posted by ar15barrels
                  And yes, this IS gun school.
                  Welcome to class.
                  Originally posted by bdsmchs
                  There is life outside of Calguns
                  Originally posted by IrishPirate
                  stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    joepamjohn
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 2709

                    Originally posted by supermario
                    As for saying there junk, i guess you think an AK47 is junk too?
                    Yep, Pretty much.
                    Last edited by joepamjohn; 03-10-2010, 7:30 AM.
                    "You can't handle the truth"

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      BroncoBob
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 6019

                      I have one just because I can

                      sigpic
                      NRA MEMBER

                      Originally Posted by ar15barrels
                      Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
                      Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
                      Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

                      Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
                      Michael Reagan

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        Dirtbiker
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 2810

                        People who complain about the price of a Saiga-12 either

                        1. Remember when they used to cost $200 and are still mad that gas isn't $1.25 a gal.

                        2. Don't ever spend more than $200 on a firearm.

                        3. Have never priced what a comparable semi auto shotgun sells for.
                        To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

                        Thomas Jefferson

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          Black Majik
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 9695

                          Originally posted by pacrimguru

                          Daaang. That is cool.

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            FastFinger
                            In Memoriam
                            • Aug 2007
                            • 2983

                            Originally posted by SacDep
                            some of these responses are a little too serious. its just another toy to have fun with. my MPA is in no way a practical HD gun but dumping a mag into a huge pile of dirt always seems to put a smile on my face =)
                            +14.4

                            Some people like ham & eggs, others bacon & eggs. I figure anyone out here legally shooting any gun that makes 'em smile is fine by me. High Point, S12, Phoenix, ugly, pretty, cheap, expensive... as long as it doesn't blow up in your face, go for it and enjoy!

                            Now if it's going to be your primary SD weapon, then we need to talk about reliability...
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              Average Joe American
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2010
                              • 582

                              I dont have one because my buddy's Saiga 12 is a jam-o-matic with the WalMart bulk birdshot, while my Mossberg 930 SPX runs cheap ammo like water.

                              Now I do like the idea of faster reloads with a magazine.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                Z ME FLY
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Mar 2008
                                • 6590

                                Originally posted by Average Joe American
                                I dont have one because my buddy's Saiga 12 is a jam-o-matic with the WalMart bulk birdshot, while my Mossberg 930 SPX runs cheap ammo like water.

                                Now I do like the idea of faster reloads with a magazine.
                                It's a known problem just tell your buddy to get federal it costs the same amount of money.

                                I don't have a S12 because I am busy buying up other aks and stuff.
                                Originally posted by 69Mach1
                                The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

                                Originally posted by 69Mach1
                                Z gets around. lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1