Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Big 5 has the Interstate on sale.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • t0kie
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 3419

    I couldn't wait & just bought the last 982 last night from Big 5 in Dublin.
    ________
    Laguna Bay Condominium Pattaya
    Last edited by t0kie; 09-19-2011, 1:51 PM.

    Comment

    • akjunkie
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jan 2005
      • 3497

      Kool man, please do keep us posted on how well or bad, your 982 handles.

      Comment

      • t0kie
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 3419

        Will do. This is my first SG. I'm planning to put a heat shield on it, can I just buy the regular one online & it will fit just right, or do I have to choose a specific one?
        ________
        SexyVita
        Last edited by t0kie; 09-19-2011, 1:52 PM.

        Comment

        • Mug
          Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 249

          Originally posted by akjunkie
          1. Safety location, don't need to move firing finger from ready position and it is ambidextrous.

          This is a moot point, in a Combat environment the safety is kept off. IF U dont want the gun to go Bang, keep your finger off the Trigger.


          2. Slide release location, don't have to move firing finger from ready position.

          Hmm, cant really imagine a combat scenario where U gotta Rack the slide open with the Release button. Regardless if it was a 500 or 870, neither gun will shoot with the Slide open. again IMHO, a moot point.


          3. Shell lifter, always up. Easier to reload.

          Yeh, i definitely agree on this one.


          4. No magazine dimples to drill for extensions.

          True, but dimple problem easily fixed.

          5. Much easier to find barrels.

          Hmm, not really..found plenty of 870 barrels (new/used) for sale on shotgun forums.

          the other link to Justin Huang's blog on the 500/870. he mentions the problem with the Tac Star side saddle. that the 870 forend is too long. that is true, had a problem when i installed my 8rd Mesa tactical side saddle. a regular hacksaw and 5 min of work and the problem was resolved. i just trimmed off 1.75in off the forend. no big deal.

          i have both the 500 and 870, personally i think they are both great guns, but i prefer the 870.
          1. Not moot, you don't want someone new to SGs to be walking around with no safety on. If you are in a danger close situation with the muzzle raised, then, yes, the safety should be off. If you are in 'patrol' mode, low ready, etc. you want the safety on and to be able to raise the muzzle and fire ASAP. This can be fixed with a Vang Big Head safety.

          2. Not moot, the Mossberg allows you to keep your trigger finger in the ready position while you press the slide release with your middle finger, this increases the speed of tactical reloads/slug swap or if the slide locks back.

          4. Point is no mod is necessary for those new to SGs.

          5. The 870 barrels will not fit the 982 without a custom spacer.

          Comment

          • akjunkie
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Jan 2005
            • 3497

            #1. Ultimately U are the Safety. Anyone that owns a Glock knows what i'm talking about.

            #5.. OOPS, forgot we talking about the 982, my bad.

            Comment

            • Chunky_lover
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 1938

              So its been a while since we all posted about this shotgun, mine is still holding up, nothing has come loose and I still run it the same as shown, I never have shot it when it was in the stock config, but this still works for me. Only have some wear on the metal but a little cold blue fills it back in.

              I did just order a single point sling mount for the receiver, hopefully if fits in without to much modification. I had to do alot for the spacer on the ati stock.


              sigpic

              Comment

              • Chunky_lover
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2008
                • 1938

                The sling mount came today and got it mounted. Had to grind away at the pistol spacer the thickness of the sling mount so it went back into the same position as before.


                Just got done redoing it, put in those tiny pins with the slit down the side into 5 areas of the sling mount and the spacer because you can see the spacer had to be filed down smooth to work with this rifle from the previous installation. The pistol grip and spacer also have those pins from when I did that a long time ago. Now there is no chance of the spacer and mount moving at all, it fixed my issue with them not staying aligned when tightening, I also put a touch of jb weld in the holes for the pins to keep them from moving which is probably impossible but why not. Now it sits perfect and I have upgraded the washers in the grip to grade 8 so now when I tighten it super tight the wrench stops, before it would always bend the washer down.

                The red dots indicate the location of the pins I put in.





                Last edited by Chunky_lover; 10-28-2009, 3:37 PM.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • Joe22
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 960

                  Looks good!

                  Comment

                  • BroncoBob
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 6019

                    Here's my interstate shotgun. No problems with it. I had it for almost two years now. It's a 1987 trench gun clone.

                    sigpic
                    NRA MEMBER

                    Originally Posted by ar15barrels
                    Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
                    Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
                    Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

                    Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
                    Michael Reagan

                    Comment

                    • Rob454
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 11254

                      Its funny how everyone wonders why the country is in the state its in, u but lots of people rush down to Big 5 Walmart or anywhere and buy made in china stuff. Don't get me wrong Im as guilty as everyone else. ive purchased Chinese stuff.
                      I dont think that chinese guns are that bad. I much rather buy american products but even my wallet sometimes says no can do buddy. If thats all you can afford to buy and defend yourself with its better than a freaking rock I say.

                      Comment

                      • Chunky_lover
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 1938

                        Originally posted by Rob454
                        Its funny how everyone wonders why the country is in the state its in, u but lots of people rush down to Big 5 Walmart or anywhere and buy made in china stuff. Don't get me wrong Im as guilty as everyone else. ive purchased Chinese stuff.
                        I dont think that chinese guns are that bad. I much rather buy american products but even my wallet sometimes says no can do buddy. If thats all you can afford to buy and defend yourself with its better than a freaking rock I say.
                        Already have a couple of Made in USA shotguns, so what. I cant help if the store sells made in china weapons. First most important thing for me is the price. I still cant believe we get apple juice from china. How its cheaper is mind boggling. Im sure were at a point even if it says made in USA are the parts made here too, or bought from china or made from china then assembled here. Hell I bet most of the workers are probably illegal making the made in USA items. Instead of ****ting in this thread why not talk to the big companies in the US that move shop to mexico and fire all americans.

                        Dont say things like this " If thats all you can afford to buy and defend yourself with its better than a freaking rock I say" thats acting childish. Grow up and start your own thread with all the hating, dont crap here.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Rob454
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 11254

                          Originally posted by Chunky_lover
                          Already have a couple of Made in USA shotguns, so what. I cant help if the store sells made in china weapons. First most important thing for me is the price. I still cant believe we get apple juice from china. How its cheaper is mind boggling. Im sure were at a point even if it says made in USA are the parts made here too, or bought from china or made from china then assembled here. Hell I bet most of the workers are probably illegal making the made in USA items. Instead of ****ting in this thread why not talk to the big companies in the US that move shop to mexico and fire all americans.

                          Dont say things like this " If thats all you can afford to buy and defend yourself with its better than a freaking rock I say" thats acting childish. Grow up and start your own thread with all the hating, dont crap here.
                          it wasnt meant as tread crapping jerk. You just took it that way. It was meant as a response to the posts that were putting down the chinese shotgun. basically IF ITS ALL YOU CAN AFFORD ITS BETTER THAN A ROCK. WTF is so childish about that? I wasnt hating on it. Take a chill pill dude
                          Personally I would buy one but I dont need one
                          Last edited by Rob454; 10-29-2009, 8:03 PM.

                          Comment

                          • grnt
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 634

                            got one of the chinese ithaca 37 knockoffs, 125 bones and it works great. Big 5 is great

                            Comment

                            • Mug
                              Member
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 249

                              It may be a Chicom weapon, but it's the best made SG made in China IMHO.

                              And, I have purchased many US made accessories due to my Chicom SG purchase:

                              1. Allen SG case
                              2. Winchester and Remington bird shot, slugs and 00 buck ammo
                              3. Gun Connection +2 mag extension
                              4. Wolff Extra Power mag spring
                              5. Vang Big Head safety
                              6. Outters Tico Tool
                              7. Hoppes Bore Brush, Rods and Elite gun oil
                              8. Hi Viz mag follower
                              9. White and Red finger nail polish, I mean tactical sight paint
                              10. Uncle Mikes SG sling
                              11. Master Lock gun lock
                              12. Targets

                              Plus I paid sales tax and DROS fees, so the US economy did benefit from my Chicom purchase.
                              Last edited by Mug; 11-03-2009, 1:38 AM.

                              Comment

                              • johnthomas
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 7001

                                I go to big5 once a week. Today I bought the Interstate 982 for 242.00 after DROS and tax. I have an 870, will be interesting to check it out in depth.
                                I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1