Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SOLD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    toz35m
    Member
    • Jul 2007
    • 141

    My pictures show a Feinwerkbau AW 93 and a Walther GSP both semi autos. Top rated .22s that are always in demand. Sweet shooting pistols and definitely are on my list.

    Ray
    Attached Files
    USA Shooting Life Member
    NRA Life Member
    CRPA Life Member
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    http://www.600xleague.org/ social air league

    Comment

    • #77
      200Apples
      -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Dec 2011
      • 7217

      .
      My vote along with a vote for the Single Six is this latest Browning, the Browning 1911-22:



      There're two sizes available; this one's the Commander-proportion slide shown next to a real Colt Commander for comparison.

      Here's another view of it's 85% scale, courtesy Barry in IN:




      The pistol on the left in the first picture will be in my safe soon. I've already paid for half of it.

      Can't wait!

      :-)
      .
      "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

      NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

      Comment

      • #78
        Lifeon2whls
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2011
        • 1751

        Originally posted by Thefeeder
        go for the gusto


        High Standard Citation, Trophy or Victor
        Smith and Wesson model 41
        Colt Dimondback
        Colt Ace
        I have a High Standard Supermatic Trophy (original CT manufacture) that was passed to me from my father.

        Last edited by Lifeon2whls; 08-18-2014, 4:50 PM.

        Comment

        • #79
          MotoriousRacing
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2012
          • 1971

          Originally posted by JMP
          It's really a no-brainer. Folks are getting too caught up on the "keepsake". Start with a Browning Buckmark and don't forget to buy a McFadden Ultimate ClipLoader, which will work with a number of popular .22lrs.
          +1 on both products. I have the Buck Mark Micro Standard URX

          My first handgun. I shot it very well from the start and so did my wife.

          Comment

          • #80
            ch47gunner
            Member
            • Mar 2007
            • 431

            These would be my choices - probably 'cause they're mine. And they'll be worthy of being passed down.

            Semi:
            Colt Huntsman


            Revolver:
            It's not a World War until France surrenders.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • #81
              rockblaster
              Banned
              • Aug 2007
              • 170

              I have a inherited Colt Woodsman 2nd gen that is my favorite out of all my 7 handguns including a very fine Les Baer. In my opinion it is one of the finest rimfire handguns ever manufactured. Colt quit making them when it just cost too much to produce. I have put over 6000 rounds through it in the last year alone and I shoot it pretty much every day on my property. I have so much brass on the ground there is no need to gravel the area. You can find some OK deals on Gunbroker occasionally. Highly recommended and superbly built and highly accurate.

              Comment

              • #82
                MrElectric03
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2010
                • 1590

                The keepsake that was given away by my great grandfather while suffering from Alzheimer's comes to mind...an old model ruger bearcat. Can't get much more timeless, sturdy, or easy to learn on.
                Originally posted by ar15barrels
                So you are throwing out 95% of reality to select the 5% of reality where you are actually right?
                We must be on calguns...

                Comment

                • #83
                  Jamesk@electrorep.com
                  Junior Member
                  • Jul 2014
                  • 29

                  I have a ruger mark 1 that I consider the graddaddy gun that is an amazing shooter and has sentimental value because it was my dad's gun. I would also tell you to look for a colt diamond back. Hands down one of my favorite guns period that any gun owner would love to have handed down from the previous generation. Just my thoughts but I do like your intentions. You might also want to look at building one your self to hand down. I just did my first 1911 for that exact reason and it was a ton of fun.

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    bczrx
                    Member
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 385

                    My vote is the .22 revolver: S&W 617, Ruger Single-Six or SP101, etc.

                    I love my autoloaders, but I'd think a revolver is a better keepsake. No magazine springs to replace later in life, and possibly be worn out. No recoil springs to worry about. No magazine lips to worry about spreading, or mag bodies to clean, or mags to lose.

                    Also, revolver has the advantage of firing ALL power-ratings of .22cb, .22short, .22long and .22lr: with comfort handling subsonic to hypervelocity .22lr. And the Ruger Single-Six is convertible: meaning it has a .22lr cylinder AND a .22WMR cylinder-providing even more options!

                    Semi-autos can be finicky about bullet point shape and velocity.

                    For example, the S&W Model 41. A BEAUTIFUL gun, and very very accurate. However, one that many threads identify works best at standard velocities, and not even high velocities. While my conversion kits and Mark II 22/45 prefer high velocity, and also prefer solid point [hollow points are most likely to jam on my Buckmark or 22/45, as well as my HP Conversion kit]. And none of the ones I just mentioned can handle hyper-velocity reliably.

                    These are my reasons for preferring a revolver for 'keepsake' status.

                    Once a revolver is in hand, THEN I'd be looking to the semi-autos that so many have mentioned.


                    All of that said, I enjoy shooting the semi-autos more.
                    Where did all the range-time go?

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      kajvid
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 1466





                      1976.
                      ---------------------------------------
                      8/29/1997

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        forgiven
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2008
                        • 5214

                        Colt Peacemaker

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          JohnCCW
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 1307

                          Another vote for S&W Mod 41.
                          I love mine, and It will hold its value over time.

                          A good quality Hi-Standard .22 pistol would be better shooter than a Colt Woodsman if you can find either in the used market.
                          Last edited by JohnCCW; 08-31-2014, 6:53 AM.
                          sigpicDon't ask how many guns I own, I lost count.
                          Rick Perry, Ted Cruz Trump for President 2016, because Hillary is NOT an option.

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            skeleman63
                            Member
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 171

                            i just inherited a High Standard Sentinel Mark IV .22 Magnum 9 shot revolver. From what I've read that this had an inter-changeable .22 LR cyclinder that I'm on the hunt for now...

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              Chevy57fan
                              Member
                              • Jan 2012
                              • 373

                              S&W K22. This particular one is a model 18-3 and is the one that will be passed on to my son.

                              Last edited by Chevy57fan; 09-03-2014, 3:42 PM.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                Fishslayer
                                In Memoriam
                                • Jan 2010
                                • 13035

                                Originally posted by tuna quesadilla
                                Edit: I'm open to both revolvers and pistols. The most important things for me are longevity and reliability. If that ends up being a revolver, then so be it.
                                For a keepsake or heirloom that's getting passed down you won't do better than an older (pinned barrel) K frame S&W revolver. If it's in really nice shape bring $$$. Lots & lots of $$$.
                                "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                                You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                                You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                                Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                                I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                                Originally posted by redcliff
                                A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1