Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Thinking of a New .22LR

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Merc1138
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2009
    • 19742

    Originally posted by greengoose
    I know this is an old thread, but its the only one I could find on this weapon. Is this a good deal @ $350?



    If you don't already have another semiauto .22lr rifle... maybe. I still stand by what I said in this thread a year and a half ago. At $350 if it turns out to not be so great, oh well.

    But the big problem is that even a year and a half after I mentioned it had been out for a while and it was still an unknown with regards to quality, capability, durability, availability of spare parts, etc. that's still the case. I can only assume CDNN got a bunch of them dirt cheap and is selling them that cheap, because no one was buying them. I think the funniest thing about those rifles, is that if they had put more effort(and money) into getting it to look like a SCAR, and not bothered with the anschutz barrel(a name that means nothing to >95% of gun owners in the US), they probably would have done better.

    Comment

    • #32
      Squidward
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2006
      • 1779

      I'll say it all depends upon your use for the .22lr. Since you already have a bolt action model I'll suggest the 10/22 Takedown.

      For those who mention it's need for aftermarket parts to make the 10/22 more "worthy", I'd say take a look at the many threads on CG that espouse installing aftermarket parts on just about any rifle/carbine/handgun. "Worthiness" is in the eye of the beholder.

      Comment

      • #33
        GM4spd
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2008
        • 5682

        Originally posted by Ibefuz
        S&W 15-22. Like others said its almost exactly like an ar, it has a functional charging handle and bolt release, unlike the Colt rifles where those two parts are only cosmetic.
        Totally reliable with about all ammo out there. SUPER accurate right out of the
        box with the stock sights. I've shot a lot of 22s in 55 years and this one is a
        great value. As a trainer,controls are just like a Colt M4. Pete

        Comment

        • #34
          DonKee
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2015
          • 10

          Black plastic and tactical aren't for me, and unless you spend extra $ on the 10/22, you really don't have anything nice. My choice for a classy, classic auto-loader .22 is the Browning. One of the nicest, new semi-auto .22s on the market. Makes all the tactical stuff look like the doo-doo I think it is.

          BROWNING .22

          Comment

          • #35
            Mutant
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 828

            Funny. The guy asked about the Anschutz and all the people say "buy mine, mine is great, get mine." It always happens. What do you think about X? Then it tons of Y is super. Z rocks. QPR is the one.

            I read one review on the Anschutz and it was a good review 1 1/2 inches at 100 yards. At $350 I will get one when I get some spare money. I spent way too much on 10-22s to get them way up there but the Anschutz looks fun and could be a great "keep it in the truck" rifle.
            Life is hard. Being stupid makes it harder. - John Wayne

            Comment

            • #36
              Merc1138
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Feb 2009
              • 19742

              Originally posted by Mutant
              Funny. The guy asked about the Anschutz and all the people say "buy mine, mine is great, get mine." It always happens. What do you think about X? Then it tons of Y is super. Z rocks. QPR is the one.

              I read one review on the Anschutz and it was a good review 1 1/2 inches at 100 yards. At $350 I will get one when I get some spare money. I spent way too much on 10-22s to get them way up there but the Anschutz looks fun and could be a great "keep it in the truck" rifle.
              Maybe because it wasn't $350 when the thread was started, and far less was known about it then than now(which is still little). Now at $350+shipping+tax+DROS+transfer fee, sure why not. But you only being able to point out one review reinforces my point about it still being an unknown. What happens when you put 5,000 rounds through it? That's only 1 case. What happens when you take it apart a few times? One guy got 1.5" at 100 yards... was that his cherry picked group or did they show that the rifle was doing that consistently? Yeah, for the current price it might be worth a shot for someone in the market for a semiauto .22lr rifle.

              Comment

              • #37
                greengoose
                Member
                • Feb 2012
                • 158

                I bought up a bunch of 22lr ammo, had to deploy before I got a chance to take my boys out. Currently do not own anything that shoots 22lr. Still shopping for something that the boys will have fun with.

                Comment

                • #38
                  .308ghillie
                  Member
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 126

                  TacSol. (Tactical Solutions)

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Squidward
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 1779

                    Originally posted by .308ghillie
                    TacSol. (Tactical Solutions)
                    Good call. TacSol X-ring in blue..

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Merc1138
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 19742

                      Originally posted by greengoose
                      I bought up a bunch of 22lr ammo, had to deploy before I got a chance to take my boys out. Currently do not own anything that shoots 22lr. Still shopping for something that the boys will have fun with.
                      I don't see why they wouldn't have a blast with the anschutz.

                      You guys kidding me?I have a tacsol rifle and I wouldn't recommend a $1200 rifle in a thread discussing a $350 rifle(and frankly, the vantage stock sucks. Mine is collecting dust having been replaced with a victor co titan.) That doesn't even make any sense. You might as well recommend an anschutz 54.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Relativist
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 147

                        Here's a picture of my old Marlin 60 rifle in it's new stock.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Relativist; 09-09-2017, 3:07 PM.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          michaelf3
                          Member
                          • Aug 2015
                          • 249

                          +2

                          S&W 15-22 and Sig 522

                          I own both along with the 10/22, Henry repeater, and Model 60. 15-22 and 522 are more fun to shoot/train, but for accuracy I'll take the Model 60.
                          Last edited by michaelf3; 10-13-2015, 9:26 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            donw
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 1754

                            IF, you can find one...Spikes Tactical ST-22; it is a DEDICATED 22lr on AR-15 lowers.

                            once cleaned will run on any ammo and will accept any standard, center fire, AR-15 uppers.

                            they came in the M4 platform with MOE telescoping stock and A2/A3 front sight and detachable carry handle A2/A3 sight.

                            it does NOT incorporate a BHO feature, but, it will hold it (the bolt ) open on last round, but closes upon removal of the magazine and the forward assist IS cosmetic.

                            i installed a JP Enterprise trigger and changed the stock to an A2 fixed buttstock.

                            it is HIGHLY accurate to 100 yards with standard irons.

                            it can be accessorized and customized the same as any center fire AR-15 platform.
                            NRA life member, US Army Veteran

                            i am a legend in my own mind...

                            we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

                            "The second amendment ain't about your deer rifle..."

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Flying Dutchman
                              Junior Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 39

                              Its been a few years, but I bought my Marlin 60C for $149, tubular magazine that holds more than 10 rounds (somewhere 14-18, don't really count). its been a lot of fun and very reliable.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Sunday
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jan 2010
                                • 5574

                                May I suggest rather that buying a "toy" buy an AR lower build it with quality parts then buy a dedicated 22 LR upper from CMMG they work real good with high speed ammo and you will have a "real" AR that you won't want to sell. It would be a superior value for the money spent.
                                California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1