Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Thinking of a New .22LR

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Ibefuz
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 551

    S&W 15-22. Like others said its almost exactly like an ar, it has a functional charging handle and bolt release, unlike the Colt rifles where those two parts are only cosmetic.

    Comment

    • #17
      Mojamz
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Mar 2008
      • 1111

      The way I look at it is that if you like it buy it...it won't be the last rifle you'll buy, believe me, there will be others.

      Now, the Anschutz in my opinion, is worth the extra money...all the critical parts including the adjustable trigger, action and solid, button rifled, competition barrel is Anschutz. The upper is all aluminum and the fit and finish is pure German/Austrian artistry.

      I'm ordering the Precision model with the fixed stock and silver upper soon.
      Last edited by Mojamz; 03-01-2014, 8:16 AM.

      Comment

      • #18
        Jimi Jah
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2014
        • 19236

        I have a Colt M4 .22LR, a fine gun but a PITA to clean. I much prefer to pop in a Ciener .22LR conversion bolt in one of my fine, tweaked up AR's.

        What is more fun than using your favorite high test rifles with all those goodies and stuff while only spending 5 cents per round?

        My 20" non-chrome lined 1/9 AR shoots .22's better than most .22 rifles, very accurate. Scopes, lasers, lights and all that swag makes it more fun to shoot. When you get tired of .22's, switch to 5.56 in 20 seconds.

        Those .22LR bolts are the best accessories ever made for the AR platform. $140 is a better deal than a $450 .22LR upper.
        Last edited by Jimi Jah; 03-01-2014, 9:24 AM.

        Comment

        • #19
        • #20
          safety-1st
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2013
          • 1300

          Id stay away from AR style .22, stick with a 10/22 or a Marlin 795.

          Comment

          • #21
            Bullitt01
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2013
            • 3905

            For why you say that...please do tell us!?

            Comment

            • #22
              1911Luvr
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2010
              • 1824

              I'd personally stay away from the Colt AR-15 style .22 and the HK416 .22 as they are very heavy for a .22, and though they look like their real siblings on the outside, they are nothing like them inside. There are little to no aftermarket upgrades available for them, and very difficult to work on (clean, etc.).

              Instead opt for the Ruger 10/22 which is the default first .22lr for most people, a proven reliable rifle, and has more aftermarket parts for it that probably any other .22 rifle in history. If cost is not an issue, I'd recommend the S&W M&P15-22 MOE edition if you like AR style rifles. It is a phenomenal value compared to the non-MOE version since the Magpul upgrades total nearly $180 versus the $100 MOE premium. Mine eats any ammo I feed it without hiccup, and is extremely accurate. There is a growing list of aftermarket parts, and most AR-15 stocks, grips, and sights are compatible. This rifle is lighter weight than a 10/22, and with that light weight and the adjustable stock my 7 year old can hold it and shoot it just fine. Plus, this is probably the most fun .22 rifle I have ever used!
              I voted against Obama before it was cool.

              Originally posted by 1911Luvr
              I beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!

              Comment

              • #23
                Lovesick Warrior
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2011
                • 98

                +1 on the SW 15 22. Fun factor is off the hook with this.

                Comment

                • #24
                  Staticsouls
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2012
                  • 974

                  The scar look it cool, but for half the price you could buy or build a dedicated .22lr upper on a multi cal lower. Heck for the $800 you could almost set up two uppers. Try cmmg or taccom3g.com or get your scar and have fun either way

                  Comment

                  • #25
                    eddy 600
                    Member
                    • Dec 2013
                    • 101

                    The Ruger 10/22 is a piece of Crap hard to load,the colt 22lr is more accurate easier to clean.

                    Comment

                    • #26
                      Jimmybacon43
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 2000

                      If you get a Ruger 10/22 there are plenty of aftermarket stock options available for it

                      Like this:
                      Originally posted by RookieShooter
                      One of the theory is that the hormones they put in the milk. That is why there are more obesity and homosexual today then back in the 60's.

                      Comment

                      • #27
                        FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 3162

                        Originally posted by eddy 600
                        The Ruger 10/22 is a piece of Crap hard to load,the colt 22lr is more accurate easier to clean.
                        blasphemy You shall not talk Crap about the almighty 10/22
                        Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
                        One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #28
                          greengoose
                          Member
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 158

                          I know this is an old thread, but its the only one I could find on this weapon. Is this a good deal @ $350?



                          Comment

                          • #29
                            Pardini
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2014
                            • 1204

                            Originally posted by greengoose
                            I know this is an old thread, but its the only one I could find on this weapon. Is this a good deal @ $350?





                            I'm tempted for 300 bucks or so. Been looking at them for awhile. The thing that stops me is that it is made by GSG. I think the barrel is the only Anschutz part. That and haven't found one any where to fondle person.
                            Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
                            Excellent! I am thinking about it as well and I only have 4 points and an unfortunate "match bump" up to expert classification where I am far less "competitive" with my peers there.

                            Comment

                            • #30
                              RNE228
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 2458

                              Frankly, I agree. I have one. I am looking at other options; Marlin 795 has peaked my interest.

                              For the 10/22,...
                              Trigger is mediocre at best
                              Magazine release is marginal
                              The bolt catch lever sucks
                              Sights are mediocre at best
                              Barrel is ok
                              Stock is mediocre
                              Bolt does not hold open after last shot

                              People talk about how there is a great aftermarket for the 10/22. There has to be, because you have to replace half the rifle to make it shoot good!

                              The 10/22 is highly over rated...

                              Originally posted by eddy 600
                              The Ruger 10/22 is a piece of Crap hard to load,.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1