I tried to purchase their Tacticool stock for my 10/22 just two days ago and it was removed from my cart. I called and the guy told me they won't ship to CA because it's for a semi auto rifle.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Boyd SS Evolution - Illegal in California?
Collapse
X
-
Yeah, they need to fix their stupid heads. Rimfire has nothing to do with thumbhole stock laws.
- SAAMI Pressure Specs
Originally posted by ArtemaI'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.Comment
-
The tacticool stock isnt even a thumbhole... anyone know where i can get the fiberglass/polymer version for a 10/22?
I know midway has the laminate...https://www.activejunky.com/invite/132380
Mr.Rebates sign-up referral link: http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=1034188Comment
-
I don't understand at all how I could get this for a centerfire bolt action which is just as much not an assault rifle as a rimfire. I'd think people wanting to mess around with their fun 10/22 would be a major source of potential income to just eliminate all legal rimfire semi-auto sales.
Last edited by Artema; 12-24-2015, 7:49 PM.
- SAAMI Pressure Specs
Originally posted by ArtemaI'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.Comment
-
I talked to a Boyd's rep a few weeks ago about a thumbhole stock for my CZ, and I had the same warning that my online order might be cancelled, because they don't ship to CA.
I then took a few minutes to explained to her there's restriction on rimfire in CA, as long as the rifle meets NFA rules. I also referred her to "Calguns.net" for more information.
Guess what .... ?
I received my thumbhole stock 2 weeks ago.
Comment
-
I talked to a Boyd's rep a few weeks ago about a thumbhole stock for my CZ, and I had the same warning that my online order might be cancelled, because they don't ship to CA.
I then took a few minutes to explained to her there's restriction on rimfire in CA, as long as the rifle meets NFA rules. I also referred her to "Calguns.net" for more information.
Guess what .... ?
I received my thumbhole stock 2 weeks ago.
How do I go about ordering one of these and proving to the rep that the AW laws don't apply to rimfires? The message I get when ordering online removes the item completely from my cart.
Attached FilesComment
-
For a small handling fee I'd be happy to get 10/22 stocks delivered to me here in Colorado and ship them as they are 100% legal in Cali.
- SAAMI Pressure Specs
Originally posted by ArtemaI'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.Comment
-
Boyds won't get anymore business, or referrals, from me,Bottom line is companies with FUD toward CA won't get any of my money, I'll take my business elsewhere.Comment
-
I ended up buying a PWS Raptor stock instead since it was close enough to the look I wanted. http://www.hawktecharms.com/PWS-Rapt...v.htm?CartID=1Comment
-
I got the stock some time ago, but just recently caught up on gun work for everybody else, so now I can work on it. Beautiful piece of walnut! I've just about got the action/barrel inletted, but slow going on wood like this, I'm always afraid of an oops!
I'll try and get some pics posted later.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,707
Posts: 25,150,746
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 12873 users online. 130 members and 12743 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment