Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.22 lr ammo collection goal?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Teeko
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2013
    • 2698

    I have some on the market place lol

    Comment

    • SMOKEYMOUNTAIN
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 1454

      I got a little over 10k rounds of .22 lr.
      ____________________________________

      Deterrence, Not Disarmament, Ended the Cold War.

      Comment

      • steel30
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2013
        • 2042

        Hoarders! LOL, crazy ammo stashes out there!
        sigpic

        Comment

        • SB1964
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 4876

          I'm not sure if I hoard more, or shoot more. I do a lot of both!
          Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!

          Comment

          • dyson
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 4342

            People scoff at signing up for a cabelas visa, because they dont want another credit card, but complain about finding ammo with free shipping. If youre gonna use it, its a good card, just pay it off. Buying 1 box limits are easy with free ship.

            People just like to complain.

            Comment

            • JMP
              Internet Warrior
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Feb 2012
              • 17056

              Originally posted by G21Shooter
              If you have a problem with folks who are prepared keep your thoughts to yourself.
              I certainly have no problem with folks that are prepared; however, I am not seeing anyone in this thread with said preparation. There's a few people with some really cheapo bulk 22lr ammunition, but who doesn't have that crap laying around? I don't really pay much attention to my 22lr inventory that isn't Lapua, Norma, or Eley.

              Some of you folks are doing the equivalent of posting 20 HiPoint guns and thinking you have a large collection.

              Comment

              • penguinofsleep
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2012
                • 2070

                For those who are preparing or just in general - what is the lifespan of 22lr, assuming it is stored in a sealed container with no moisture inside at room temperature?

                I know it's more than 1 year, but as an example, why hoard more than I can use in a year if it will go bad anyways? On the other hand, in this example, I'd probably have 4 months minimum on hand, ideally 6 or 8. More than that and money is wasted on some to a large % of the rounds not going off.

                Comment

                • Mssr. Eleganté
                  Blue Blaze Irregular
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 10401

                  Originally posted by penguinofsleep
                  For those who are preparing or just in general - what is the lifespan of 22lr, assuming it is stored in a sealed container with no moisture inside at room temperature?
                  My "freshest" .22LR ammo is about 5 years old. My oldest is 35 years old. The 35 year old stuff seems to be slighly more reliable than the newer stuff. The ammo from 1979 was factory packed in USGI .50 caliber ammo cans and I keep it in those cans. I also transferred all of my newer ammo to ammo cans as soon as I bought it. The average temperature in my neighborhood is about 60 degrees but gets into the low 80s during the day in October. The older ammo was probably stored at higher temperatures for the 25 years that the Army had it.
                  __________________

                  "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

                  Comment

                  • crufflers
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 12723

                    Originally posted by mrrabbit
                    AMMO FINDS BELONG IN THIS THREAD:



                    It's a sticky for this forum - feel free to contribute. Please do not fork or duplicate other efforts and create more work for other volunteers.

                    =8-)
                    It was STORAGE CONTAINERS not AMMO - relevant to this thread, IMHO.

                    I felt it fit in here more than it belonged in the AMMO FINDS thread.

                    Sorry you felt forked.

                    Comment

                    • AR22
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2011
                      • 2174

                      I have no anger towards those that were prepared for this inevitable shortage and have large amounts. Buy all you can get. If anything, all you buy, keeps that much more out of the hands of the scalpers to sell to suckers..

                      I was very prepared and will keep preparing more.. As much as I financially can. The unprepared people are the ones that partially contributed to this madness in my opinion..They are the ones that drove the scalpers to standing in line ahead of you at the store and selling .22 ammo to "unprepared" people the next day at a 100.00 a brick..And artificially disrupting the normal chain of supply..These scalpers would not have stood in line to get ammo to sell, if there were not unprepared people to sucker at 100.00 a brick..

                      I am a good Boy Scout and lets just say I am and have been well prepared, in all ammo calibers, for a long time..

                      Comment

                      • G21Shooter
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2013
                        • 3577

                        Glad someone gets it. "Hoarders" like myself simply stock up heavily on ammo to insure our ability to enjoy target shooting for years to come. I'm not rich either, I budget money for ammo each month, and put my time in on the computer and iPhone to get the ammo.

                        Your correct, the more ammo that goes to people like me the less the scalpers/scammers/resellers can get their hands on. I've never resold any ammo and don't plan to.

                        The availability of .22 lr will only get better from now on so hopefully the "unprepared" shooters will have plenty of time to stock up on all the ammo they need.

                        Comment

                        • crufflers
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 12723

                          Originally posted by JMP
                          I certainly have no problem with folks that are prepared; however, I am not seeing anyone in this thread with said preparation. There's a few people with some really cheapo bulk 22lr ammunition, but who doesn't have that crap laying around? I don't really pay much attention to my 22lr inventory that isn't Lapua, Norma, or Eley.

                          Some of you folks are doing the equivalent of posting 20 HiPoint guns and thinking you have a large collection.
                          I have ZERO rounds then. Are you sure my CCI Mini-mags and SK don't count? Golden Bullets definitely don't count even though they run my guns and hit the target.

                          Dammit. Time to start saving... I need $9,000 to score five cases of Tenex, and another $4700 for 5 cases of Center-X before I am all prepared. I have to start all over again!

                          At least I don't have any HiPoints. You guys with HiPoints are losers who should not post.

                          Comment

                          • xrMike
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 7841

                            Perchance, does anyone in this thread have some Gray Poupon?

                            Comment

                            • beastie050
                              Member
                              • Oct 2011
                              • 291

                              I'll take a few bricks off someones hands

                              Comment

                              • crufflers
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jul 2011
                                • 12723

                                Originally posted by xrMike
                                Perchance, does anyone in this thread have some Gray Poupon?
                                Sorry, all I have is yellow mustard in a squirt bottle. Squirts everytime I need it to though. Kinda tastes like poverty though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1