Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Buying my first 22lr

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    rogervzv
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 2087

    Originally posted by N9t2efes
    Ruger Mark III Hunter SS oh yeah 6 7/8 inch barrel and a Henry Golden boy
    Great choices. The Ruger Mark III pistols are a blast. Took mine to the range yesterday and had a terrific time.


    Come and Take It!
    I'm the only hell my momma ever raised ...

    Comment

    • #32
      Tank 57
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2009
      • 4182

      .22s are awesome.You will get so many different recommendations because there are so many good ones out there.

      Ruger=Lots of happy owners.
      Marlin=Lots of happy owners.
      I could probably type in almost every make out there.Most .22 owners love what they have.

      Go out and look at as many as you can.Try as many as you can.

      Comment

      • #33
        vintagearms
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2009
        • 6841

        Originally posted by Tactical Fred
        So i Guess i see a 10/22 in my very near future ....

        Thanks guys.

        Now i have to decide which 10/22

        MoltoMario that is a sweet looking rifle.....
        KIDD 10/22 or you can just buy the most basic one and piece meal it together with KIDD parts when funds allow.

        Comment

        • #34
          Diesel187
          Member
          • Sep 2012
          • 198

          As far as a .22 pistol goes I think the sr22 is great its the one that goes with me every hunting,camping or off roading trip .... After that I grab one of the 10/22's I have several due to how much fun they are to shoot and upgrade
          "Get it on,got to get it on,no choice but to get it on,mandate GET IT ON". Adam Carolla

          Comment

          • #35
            TripleThreat
            CGN Contributor
            • Mar 2012
            • 2642

            Ruger 10/22 & a Browning Buckmark.

            Let the fun begin,

            Triple
            1911 "The MILF of handguns"

            LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

            Comment

            • #36
              theskunk
              Junior Member
              • Oct 2010
              • 59

              Browning Buckmark is ultra dependable. The most unreliable is the Ruger 22/45. I would look at a Bersa 22

              Buy guns online at Impact Guns, a trusted online gun store since 1992 — handguns, rifles, shotguns, and ammo from top brands. Competitive prices, ships to your FFL.

              Comment

              • #37
                rkt88edmo
                Reptile&Samurai Moderator
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Dec 2002
                • 10063

                Which do you shoot more often? pistol or rifle? I'd go with the one you shoot more often already.
                I've got a whole slew of .22s and just started DROS on another, a S&W 63. But my Ruger MkII slab sided 6 7/8 is one of my favorites at the range.

                Get both - the rifles aren't expensive at all, buy a ton of ammo and shoot shoot shoot.
                If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
                Use the goog to search calguns

                Comment

                • #38
                  G21Shooter
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 3577

                  10/22 dude, 10/22. That is a staple of anyones .22 lr collection.

                  After that pick up a Ruger MKIII pistol or another .22 pistol.

                  Then get yourself a CMMG .22 lr upper and a stripped lower and build yourself a .22 AR.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Dinosaur Jr
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2012
                    • 1707

                    Originally posted by MoltoMario
                    Let me 1st say you probably cant go wrong with any of the common brands who make .22lrs. It really depends on your budget and what you wanna do with it. I recently picked up my 1st .22lr Bolt Action. I bought a Savage MKII BSEV and I couldnt be happier. I'm a new shooter and my recent grouping after only a few hundred rounds through the rifle were .5" at 50 yards. The rifle is amazingly accurate. Much more accurate then myself. Plus the BSEV looks the part IMO


                    Savage by mariozumbo, on Flickr
                    Suhweet rifle bro!
                    Laws against murder and attempted murder should have been the only gun control laws ever needed in America...

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Dinosaur Jr
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2012
                      • 1707

                      Having a 10/22 is a no-brainer really. Super fun in any configuration and a galaxy of aftermarket upgrade choices. You can almost buy parts at the grocery store. Here's mine so far...

                      Laws against murder and attempted murder should have been the only gun control laws ever needed in America...

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        rm1911
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 4073

                        I'm going to recommend that you go something with iron sights. I know, scopes are all the rage and all that but I have tech sights on my 10/22 and they're amazing. I'd rather shoot iron any day. Plus you learn to shoot better.

                        Learn to shoot irons first. Can always get a scoped 22 later.

                        As for all the aftermarket thingies for the 10/22, they're not necessary. Honestly. Mine is stock except for the stock which is a hogue overmolded and the sights which are tech sights. The trigger is just fine and the barrel is plenty accurate enough. Most people can't outshoot the gun out of the box. Start to mod it and it gets to be more expensive than an AR build. Probably way more. I honesty don't get that one. But hey, it's a free country.*

                        *well sort of. In a few states.
                        NRA Life Member since 1990

                        They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Tactical Fred
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2013
                          • 508

                          Originally posted by AKS-762
                          Having a 10/22 is a no-brainer really. Super fun in any configuration and a galaxy of aftermarket upgrade choices. You can almost buy parts at the grocery store. Here's mine so far...

                          That's a fine looking rifle you got there AKS...
                          What is it and what have you done or added to it ?

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            vintagearms
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 6841

                            Here is mine for reference.
                            [IMG][/IMG]

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Tactical Fred
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2013
                              • 508

                              Originally posted by vintagearms
                              Here is mine for reference.
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              Vintage tell us more about that nice looking rifle....

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Rosebud22
                                Senior Member
                                • Feb 2013
                                • 502

                                I would look at a Bersa 22
                                I don't think the Beras 22 is on the Calif approved list.
                                Just tried checking, but website is down.
                                I was actually interested in buy a Bersa 22 awhile ago,
                                but could no find it on the list.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1