Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

The 22 lr ammo reselling racket

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    MARX7
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2013
    • 8

    I just paid $90 for two boxes of 525 federal bulk. I guess you can say I got ripped or whatever it may be. But I couldn't find the damn bullets anywhere.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Yee Haw

    Comment

    • #92
      bollero
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 1039

      flag all scumm on CL trying to sell ammo

      Comment

      • #93
        vintagearms
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2009
        • 6841

        Originally posted by JaMail
        yea, those scum bags that buy them from the manufacturer then resell them to distributors (for a profit), who sells them to local retailers (for a profit), who then sell them to you (for a profit). oh wait, your mad at the guy buying them and reselling them to someone (for a profit)? sorry, i must have gotten supply and demand confused somewhere.
        why would you be ok with a second middleman and increased cost?

        Comment

        • #94
          Izzy43
          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
          • Dec 2009
          • 2670

          For heavens sake if the price is too high, don't flipping buy it. Complaining about a problem never, ever, ever helped solve it. Just don't buy the ammo if you think you are being ripped off. It's that easy. These folks selling ammo at crazy high prices are only successful because others are paying the crazy high price. Get it? It ain't rocket science. Prices will decline when supply exceeds demand, no matter the reason for the short supply.

          Comment

          • #95
            Merc1138
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Feb 2009
            • 19742

            Originally posted by Izzy43
            For heavens sake if the price is too high, don't flipping buy it. Complaining about a problem never, ever, ever helped solve it. Just don't buy the ammo if you think you are being ripped off. It's that easy. These folks selling ammo at crazy high prices are only successful because others are paying the crazy high price. Get it? It ain't rocket science. Prices will decline when supply exceeds demand, no matter the reason for the short supply.
            Sense?

            Bah, there's no need for that.

            Comment

            • #96
              dacolan
              Junior Member
              • May 2013
              • 65

              Originally posted by JaMail
              yea, those scum bags that buy them from the manufacturer then resell them to distributors (for a profit), who sells them to local retailers (for a profit), who then sell them to you (for a profit). oh wait, your mad at the guy buying them and reselling them to someone (for a profit)? sorry, i must have gotten supply and demand confused somewhere.
              Distributors who specialize in logistics are often more efficient (i.e.: cheaper) than a manufacturer handling their own distribution, thus they actually are adding value. Same goes with retailers. Manufacturers generally don't handle distribution better than a logistics company, or consumer point-of-sale retail better than retailers. Specialization (manufacturing, logistics, retail sales channels, etc) increases efficiencies, which ultimately lowers costs. Something tells me you're not completely up to speed on the whole supply chain side of supply and demand.

              NRA MEMBER

              Comment

              • #97
                james29
                Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 186

                I tried to keep quiet on this threa but I can't help it.
                If you look around good buys on 22 are around.
                If a resellers price or local gun shop is too high For you then DON'T BUY.
                If someone wants to sell them for ridiculous prices that's their business not mine, hence it dosent bother me it's none of my business.

                Comment

                • #98
                  dacolan
                  Junior Member
                  • May 2013
                  • 65

                  Originally posted by Izzy43
                  For heavens sake if the price is too high, don't flipping buy it. Complaining about a problem never, ever, ever helped solve it. Just don't buy the ammo if you think you are being ripped off. It's that easy. These folks selling ammo at crazy high prices are only successful because others are paying the crazy high price. Get it? It ain't rocket science. Prices will decline when supply exceeds demand, no matter the reason for the short supply.
                  What you perceive/misinterpret as complaining is nothing more than a simple warning to fellow CGers of the wolves in sheep's clothing and pointing out the alternatives (i.e.: buying online in bulk). The more shooters we can make aware of the alternatives the sooner these price-gouging middlemen will disappear.

                  NRA MEMBER

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    PoorRichRichard
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2012
                    • 3309

                    Sorry guys, but all your whining and ranting about those of us who turn ammo for a few bucks in profit just makes me laugh. You make is seem as if we are some evil venture-capitalists turning a 300% profit. I only profit about $10 to $20 a brick. If you need a little 22 or 9, I got it here:

                    1A - 2A = -1A
                    Originally posted by Wherryj
                    If I had a nickel for every gender that exists...
                    ...I'd have $0.10.
                    Conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas. Liberals think conservatives are bad people.
                    --- Dan Bongino
                    Originally posted by EM2
                    Some liberals are evil people out to control others. (Hillary, Pelosi, et.al.)
                    Many liberals are lemmings and will follow whomever espouses what they 'feel'.

                    Comment

                    • dacolan
                      Junior Member
                      • May 2013
                      • 65

                      The supply is out there. It's just not in the same places most of us are conditioned to look first.

                      NRA MEMBER

                      Comment

                      • alvarezbar1
                        Member
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 252

                        I find it at my local walmart at least once a week, maybe not always a brick but some 22lr always shows up.

                        Comment

                        • Asphodel
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 1974

                          Originally posted by PoorRichRichard
                          Sorry guys, but all your whining and ranting about those of us who turn ammo for a few bucks in profit just makes me laugh. You make is seem as if we are some evil venture-capitalists turning a 300% profit. I only profit about $10 to $20 a brick. If you need a little 22 or 9, I got it here:

                          http://www.armslist.com/posts/217754...mm--i-e--area-
                          Well, Richard, I hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy looking at those bricks of 22 on your shelf for many happy years to come.

                          I have a little bit different situation.......try a 'search' on 'second Saturday' on the Calguns search feature to read about my San Jose range event for young people, and newbies to shooting of any age.

                          To keep the event 'free' for the young folks and newbies, it has to be 'donation supported'.

                          I have the 'Chief Instructor' job with our Rifle Club, and get the range time donated, then I have to solicit donations of 22 rounds and volunteer time from experienced shooters who are willing to act as instructors and coaches on the line, so that every newbie has good personal basic safety/proficiency instruction.

                          The 22 rounds racketeering situation has been the 'headache from hell' in trying to keep the event supplied with enough 22, so that the young folks and newbies can do enough actual shooting for the event to be useful. This amounts to two bricks, more or less, for each event day.

                          We've been lucky so far.......a number of people have donated 22 rounds from their 'stash' to keep us going........and some people have donated a bit of $ to help us buy some when the prices go down again and the stuff is more readily available.

                          It should be rather easy to guess my opinion of this situation.

                          cheers

                          Carla

                          Comment

                          • MARX7
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2013
                            • 8

                            Originally posted by Asphodel
                            Well, Richard, I hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy looking at those bricks of 22 on your shelf for many happy years to come.

                            I have a little bit different situation.......try a 'search' on 'second Saturday' on the Calguns search feature to read about my San Jose range event for young people, and newbies to shooting of any age.

                            To keep the event 'free' for the young folks and newbies, it has to be 'donation supported'.

                            I have the 'Chief Instructor' job with our Rifle Club, and get the range time donated, then I have to solicit donations of 22 rounds and volunteer time from experienced shooters who are willing to act as instructors and coaches on the line, so that every newbie has good personal basic safety/proficiency instruction.

                            The 22 rounds racketeering situation has been the 'headache from hell' in trying to keep the event supplied with enough 22, so that the young folks and newbies can do enough actual shooting for the event to be useful. This amounts to two bricks, more or less, for each event day.

                            We've been lucky so far.......a number of people have donated 22 rounds from their 'stash' to keep us going........and some people have donated a bit of $ to help us buy some when the prices go down again and the stuff is more readily available.

                            It should be rather easy to guess my opinion of this situation.

                            cheers

                            Carla
                            As a newbie myself I applaud your service ma'am.

                            I am in the bay area and wish I would of heard of this event.

                            Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                            Yee Haw

                            Comment

                            • ogarcia_02
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2011
                              • 1398

                              Originally posted by PoorRichRichard
                              Sorry guys, but all your whining and ranting about those of us who turn ammo for a few bucks in profit just makes me laugh. You make is seem as if we are some evil venture-capitalists turning a 300% profit. I only profit about $10 to $20 a brick. If you need a little 22 or 9, I got it here:

                              http://www.armslist.com/posts/217754...mm--i-e--area-
                              I'd tell you where you can shove your overpriced ammo but I don't want to get banned so I'll let you use your imagination...

                              Comment

                              • bass_blaster
                                Junior Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 96

                                Originally posted by PoorRichRichard
                                Sorry guys, but all your whining and ranting about those of us who turn ammo for a few bucks in profit just makes me laugh. You make is seem as if we are some evil venture-capitalists turning a 300% profit. I only profit about $10 to $20 a brick. If you need a little 22 or 9, I got it here:

                                http://www.armslist.com/posts/217754...mm--i-e--area-
                                I feel bad for whoever is dumb enough to pay your prices for the 9mm. They must ride the short bus to the range. Easy to find for less than $20. If you can get that much for it then good for you. Salesman of the year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1