Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo Finds - Post them here

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • roger1022
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 2008

    Originally posted by crufflers
    My M-22 was a big box over two 500 round boxes too. They must just have two or more different packages. Checking back thorugh my orders I got mine from MIDWAY USA item #978147 rather than Cabela's.

    Good deals around today too... Mini-Mags, no limit still in stock or in-stock again right now, Super-X for $6.99, not .22 but HERTER's .223 was $4.99 for FMJ and HP today, plus AMERICAN EAGLE 55 gr FMJ was $6.50 a box if you bought 400 rounds for $129.99.

    Not bad, Cabelas's.
    Agreed on that.
    You can give peace a chance...

    We'll cover you if it doesn't work out...

    Comment

    • thegreasepit
      Member
      • Feb 2013
      • 210

      OOS

      Comment

      • dove_jj
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2013
        • 44

        Originally posted by Trevolution
        Remington 500 round brick @ cabelas 21.99

        http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...12&WT.tsrc=AFF
        Got mine. Thanks.

        Comment

        • jmbrown
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2013
          • 12

          Wen I was scrounging for some .22 lr I found these ammo finder tools. Looks like they consolidate the in stock items from several distributors to one site. They seem convenient although they don't cover all of the same retailers because there are some differences between them. Although they showed some in stock items on sites I had not heard of and wouldn't have thought to look at.

          Has anyone used these or similar tools and had any luck? Or are they too good to be true?





          WikiArms - an easy way to track and find the lowest ammo and firearm prices. Browse the best deals, and see for your self.


          Comment

          • GoodahSP
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2013
            • 535

            Originally posted by jmbrown
            Wen I was scrounging for some .22 lr I found these ammo finder tools. Looks like they consolidate the in stock items from several distributors to one site. They seem convenient although they don't cover all of the same retailers because there are some differences between them. Although they showed some in stock items on sites I had not heard of and wouldn't have thought to look at.

            Has anyone used these or similar tools and had any luck? Or are they too good to be true?





            WikiArms - an easy way to track and find the lowest ammo and firearm prices. Browse the best deals, and see for your self.


            http://www.slickguns.com/category/ammo?caliber=3
            Yes. Tried them all. First three when I usually hit the links, I find them already OOS.

            Slickguns has been good to me and maybe 1 out of 3 times I've been able to order something. Slickguns links along with the guys here have been helping me get a decent stock of CCI Mini Mags this last month or so.

            Comment

            • Eljay
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 4985

              Gunbot can be handy on relatively stable items but the really good deals, put it this way, by the time you're following the link the server is crashing because everybody else is clicking on it too but that's OK because it's already out of stock. If you really want to get ahead of the game you need to either be checking companies they don't (Graf's as an example) or check favorites companies often.

              I posted lots of SGAmmo deals before they were on gunbot back when I was running my script, but it's frustrating because maybe only a few people will see it here before it's on gunbot and then there's no point.

              Comment

              • midlife
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2013
                • 711

                Well. After shooting a little at my local range asked guy near ammo any 22? He was just taking 10 boxes of mini mags out of box and putting on shelf. Bought 5 x 100 for $75. And left other 5. Believe in Karma.
                ----------------------------
                K80 Trap Special

                Comment

                • rfcgt
                  Member
                  • Apr 2013
                  • 150



                  bucket o bullets 79 bucks with shipping

                  FYI Gander post stock regularly between 9 and 10pm on Tue Wed or Thur
                  Last edited by rfcgt; 08-13-2013, 9:27 PM. Reason: q

                  Comment

                  • Rightwinger
                    Member
                    • Jun 2012
                    • 159

                    Originally posted by rfcgt
                    http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...4&merchID=4006

                    bucket o bullets 79 bucks with shipping

                    FYI Gander post stock regularly between 9 and 10pm on Tue Wed or Thur
                    That's the best deal I've seen lately.. Thanks for the heads-up
                    sigpic - "Nov. 6th, 2012. UN-United Socialist States of Americia (USSA)...http://www.usdebtclock.org/ .....

                    Comment

                    • iki77
                      Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 108

                      Originally posted by rfcgt
                      http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...4&merchID=4006

                      bucket o bullets 79 bucks with shipping

                      FYI Gander post stock regularly between 9 and 10pm on Tue Wed or Thur
                      Thanks I think I may have actually gotten a bucket. And the price is only a penny more per round then last year in wal-mart when I got my last pack. I was about to convert my .22's into lamp posts.

                      Comment

                      • freethemouse
                        Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 230

                        Originally posted by rfcgt
                        http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...4&merchID=4006

                        bucket o bullets 79 bucks with shipping

                        FYI Gander post stock regularly between 9 and 10pm on Tue Wed or Thur
                        Thanks. On the picture, it says "New and Improved." Does anyone know if these are different than what they used to sell even just a few months ago?

                        I picked up a couple bricks of these not long ago, and they are by FAR the dirtiest 22lr I've ever shot. It's causing quite a bit of FTE's in my Marlin 795, and I suspect that's largely due to the buildup of grit.

                        Nonetheless, I'm wondering if I should pick up a bucket to take to Appleseed.

                        Comment

                        • Pocket Rocket
                          Member
                          • May 2013
                          • 257

                          Thanks for the heads up on the Bucket O' Bullets. Figured I'd buy some more 22 to cheer me up after the atrocious day in Sacramento.

                          As far as the "New and Improved" label goes... I'm going to bet these are just your standard golden bullets that you can buy in a pack of 525. And to make a long story short they are super dirty. Probably the dirtiest ammo that I've shot, and it did cause a few extraction problems through my 10/22 because of the bolt face getting mucked up. But it was nothing a little cleaning couldn't take care of at the end of the day.


                          Originally posted by freethemouse
                          Thanks. On the picture, it says "New and Improved." Does anyone know if these are different than what they used to sell even just a few months ago?

                          I picked up a couple bricks of these not long ago, and they are by FAR the dirtiest 22lr I've ever shot. It's causing quite a bit of FTE's in my Marlin 795, and I suspect that's largely due to the buildup of grit.

                          Nonetheless, I'm wondering if I should pick up a bucket to take to Appleseed.
                          Last edited by Pocket Rocket; 08-13-2013, 10:10 PM.
                          Originally posted by Frozenguy
                          Ok Karen, it's Friday. Look forward to your weekend and relax!

                          Comment

                          • freethemouse
                            Member
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 230

                            Originally posted by Pocket Rocket
                            Thanks for the heads up on the Bucket O' Bullets. Figured I'd buy some more 22 to cheer me up after the atrocious day in Sacramento.

                            As far as the "New and Improved" label goes... I'm going to bet these are just your standard golden bullets that you can buy in a pack 525. And to make a long story short they are super dirty. Probably the dirtiest ammo that I've shot, and it did cause a few extraction problems through my 10/22 because of the bolt face getting mucked up. But it was nothing a little cleaning couldn't take care of at the end of the day.
                            Yeah. It's definitely very dirty. Cleaning them takes extra long because the crud gets EVERYWHERE and gets very sticky (FWIW, I run my Marlin 795 relatively dry as far as lube goes).

                            Being unable to afford shooting in a lot of matches, I was thinking about doing Appleseed with my Marlin 795. But if this ammo is just going to cause a lot of hangups, I don't know if it'll be all that much fun.

                            Comment

                            • fourtraxmc
                              Member
                              • Apr 2012
                              • 399

                              Thanks, got in for two buckets!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1