Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • usmcchet9296
    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
    • Feb 2008
    • 1834

    Looks like me and Surf-n-shoot will get out Sunday and see what we will do.
    John P. Hermesmeyer
    U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
    Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
    sigpic
    Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
    In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

    Comment

    • Izzy43
      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
      • Dec 2009
      • 2670

      Originally posted by usmcchet9296
      Looks like me and Surf-n-shoot will get out Sunday and see what we will do.
      Good Luck. I'm done until next Monday weather permitting. I shot 10-25Yd targets today and the first one was the best. First two shots in the same hole then pulled the third. Just got worse as I continued. Most were 27s with a couple of 26s.

      Comment

      • TCWriter
        Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 108

        Hiked into my shooting range yesterday; still a foot of snow on the range itself and more on the road up to it (on the way out I found two trucks stuck on the road - apparently driven by optimists).

        Did get a few rounds off with the new Ruger Mark III target pistol, but no targets coming from up here in the mountains for a while (unless I start posting airgun targets).

        Comment

        • pisarski
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 740

          IZZY43 recheck your score on the 50yard target i think you scored it wrong i came up with a total of 32

          thanks Ray

          Comment

          • pisarski
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 740

            rimfire match

            shot on sunday 1/16/11 light wind




            for the 100 yard and the 50 yard was with my marlin model 60 ss with a 3x9 simmons scope.
            for the 25 yard was my 1911 gov with a kimber kit on it shot all with rem golden bullet. from a rest
            Last edited by pisarski; 01-17-2011, 1:34 PM. Reason: add text

            Comment

            • usmcchet9296
              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
              • Feb 2008
              • 1834

              Went shooting with Surf-n-shoot today and this will probably be the last match for my trusty Mossberg M44 and my untrustworthy Savage TR
              25 Yards my ole Mossberg shined as usual with a perfect score even though I accidentially shot 5 shots insted of 3. As you can see it didnt make a difference as all shots hit in the white. My ole Mossberg is being retired to the comfort of my gun safe only to be taken out, oiled, and occasional outtings so the boys in my son's Boy Scout troop can qualify for their marksmanship badge.

              1-16-11 (2) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
              Dont worry though Izzy and SnS I have a CMP Kimber on order so Im sure I can compete with the both of you.

              Next up is my Savage. Now my Savage is within MOA for a .22 but it isnt up to my demanding requirements so I am replacing it with a CZ varmint I am picking up this week. Unfortunately the scope I ordered ened up being out of stock so I will have to wait till next month to try it out. Here is my 50 yard shots.

              1-16-11 (3) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
              Score 37

              Finally my 100 yard
              I was doing pretty good considering the wind today till my son tapped me on the shoulder on my last shot. I love my son but man I wanted to shake him when that happened

              1-16-11 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
              Score 46
              Well thats it I think for this month
              My Mossberg was great as usual but I will no longer be frustrated with my scoped Savage. Its done and soon will be for sale to the highest bidder.
              John P. Hermesmeyer
              U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
              Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
              sigpic
              Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
              In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

              Comment

              • dwh100
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2007
                • 955

                Nice shootin'!
                I hope I can get out before the end of the month. I just did a little free float clean up of my CZ American stock which was a tad tight on the muzzle end, and replaced the original trigger spring with an Ace Hardware #144 spring. Can't wait to see how it works now!
                Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                Comment

                • usmcchet9296
                  CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 1834

                  Yeah DHW
                  I got a DIP trigger kit, picatinny rail, tps rings, and a SS16X scope for it
                  I still have to send the bolt out to get a new knob and order a McM stock for it.
                  its going to be my new tactical trainer till CMP releases the last of their 40x's
                  John P. Hermesmeyer
                  U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                  Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                  sigpic
                  Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                  In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                  Comment

                  • surfNshoot
                    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 1444

                    Nice!!! give us some info on the rifle, ammo and such.

                    Comment

                    • ChaparralCommando
                      Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 475

                      I shot a 26 on the 25yd but I'm not going to bother posting a photo since it's not a leader.

                      Comment

                      • Izzy43
                        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 2670

                        Originally posted by pisarski
                        IZZY43 recheck your score on the 50yard target i think you scored it wrong i came up with a total of 32

                        thanks Ray
                        You are correct! If I could only read. Thanks.

                        Comment

                        • surfNshoot
                          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 1444

                          Here are my targets for the month. Took 3 times out shooting to get it but I'm happy. I've included a pic of my new Iron site gun of choice. The Kimber 82g. Got it sighted in today. I just need to practice with it a bit and its gonna be awesome.



                          100 yard



                          50 Yard



                          And the 25 Yard



                          Comment

                          • Izzy43
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 2670

                            SurfNshoot, very, very nice shooting. Guess all we can hope for this month is a tie after those targets. Competition is getting tighter every month. Nice rifle, did you shoot all three ranges with the Kimber and irons. 100 yd target is really great as well as the 25. What ammo did you use. Congrats again.

                            Comment

                            • usmcchet9296
                              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 1834

                              Damn you SnS cleared 100
                              well some time this week Im going to take out my CZ and see if I can match you
                              damned nice Kimber
                              mine is in the order line at CMP and who knows when Ill get it
                              apparently any time I order from them its backlogged
                              Izzy the 25 yard target SnS shot was with his Mossberg last week
                              I was there to see it
                              from what he told me all he did with his Kimber was zero it and get used to the single shot function
                              John P. Hermesmeyer
                              U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                              Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                              sigpic
                              Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                              In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                              Comment

                              • surfNshoot
                                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                                • Mar 2008
                                • 1444

                                Originally posted by Izzy43
                                SurfNshoot, very, very nice shooting. Guess all we can hope for this month is a tie after those targets. Competition is getting tighter every month. Nice rifle, did you shoot all three ranges with the Kimber and irons. 100 yd target is really great as well as the 25. What ammo did you use. Congrats again.
                                Izzy,

                                No I used my Savage TR for the 50 and 100 yard and my mossberg for the for the 25. The deal for me to get that kind of group is I must never lose my site picture so I keep it on the exact same spot on th target every time. Since the new rifle is a single shot I was having to pick my cheek up off the rifle, pull a bullet out of box and then sit back down on the rifle. Once I've practiced doing it without looking I'm gonna do real well with this kimber though. I think next month I may put up an Iron site competition to 50 and 100 yards. what do yout think? Oh and I used SK standard plus for all those targets.


                                Surf

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1