Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • samsbolt390
    Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 154

    image blunder...
    Attached Files
    "A Golf course is willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle Range" Col. Jeff Cooper.

    Diablo Valley Rod and Gun, Sargeant at Arms.

    Comment

    • Boilermaker
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2007
      • 93

      I shoot most of these type comps when they come up and try my best I mostly shoot 3 gun comps but am quite interested in precision shooting so
      I just try em out. Well they are mostly kinda frustating but getting better
      as I learn reloading an such. But last weekend I took some of these targets
      with me and after our match I setup and tried to get a good score. I did better the first time when it started raining half way through, and a shooter friend with his 22 with the scope off level out scored me with larger groupings........man its tough to be me !! Gonna do the 25yd with a german
      training mauser singleshot bolt this weekend if time allows.

      Comment

      • KING_PALM
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 3590

        i will be taking this out to the range on sunday and handling it!
        sigpic

        Comment

        • samsbolt390
          Member
          • Mar 2010
          • 154

          Ok went out and shot it again much less wind on saturday nice and warm got it done quick after work since the range (USI) is only one exit up from work on my way home! i tried to score it as honestly as i could Mnort10x was a big help scoring last time 2mph wind about 65degrees Lapua standard plus 40gr. Westernfield Model13 peep sights @25yds. http://www.flickr.com/photos/11093324@N05/4453859599/
          "A Golf course is willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle Range" Col. Jeff Cooper.

          Diablo Valley Rod and Gun, Sargeant at Arms.

          Comment

          • Boilermaker
            Junior Member
            • Mar 2007
            • 93

            Originally posted by samsbolt390
            Ok went out and shot it again much less wind on saturday nice and warm got it done quick after work since the range (USI) is only one exit up from work on my way home! i tried to score it as honestly as i could Mnort10x was a big help scoring last time 2mph wind about 65degrees Lapua standard plus 40gr. Westernfield Model13 peep sights @25yds. http://www.flickr.com/photos/11093324@N05/4453859599/

            Scoring:
            Break the outside of the black square score 1 pt
            Fully inside black square score 2 pts
            Break outside of the inside white square score 3 pts
            Fully inside inner white square score 5 pts

            I got you at 53....My mauser gave me a 64 @ the 25 yd distance
            Last edited by Boilermaker; 03-22-2010, 5:35 PM. Reason: added info

            Comment

            • samsbolt390
              Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 154

              I'm ignoring your point system and RE-implementing mine I score higher my way! Lol. Hello Sam this is reality slap !
              Last edited by samsbolt390; 03-23-2010, 12:01 AM.
              "A Golf course is willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle Range" Col. Jeff Cooper.

              Diablo Valley Rod and Gun, Sargeant at Arms.

              Comment

              • Boilermaker
                Junior Member
                • Mar 2007
                • 93

                Originally posted by samsbolt390
                I'm ignoring your point system and RE-implementing mine I score higher my way! Lol. Hello Sam this reality slap !
                LoL ! ...maybe I should use it too ?

                Comment

                • Izzy43
                  CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 2670

                  March Rimfire Target

                  Well its kind of embarassing but I'm posting cause I was determined to shoot in this match. I am still happy about it because I learned alot about my new rifle, scope, various ammo and shooting technique. I shot today at my local range. Temp was around 70, calm wind, humidity 40% so a good morning to shoot.

                  Rifle is a Savage MKII BTVS with a Mueller APV 4.5-14x40 AO scope. Used a bipod from a sitting position at a bench. Target @ 50 yds. Total score was a paltry 57 using Federal Automatch 40 grain round nose cartridge. Score is not so good but I had a ton of fun seeing how well I could shoot. Hope there are more matches so I can see if I can improve. Thanks for having the match.

                  I seem to only be able to post the links to the photos and not insert them directly into the post. Included a photo of my shooting coach.
                  Last edited by Izzy43; 10-05-2010, 1:58 PM.

                  Comment

                  • Izzy43
                    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 2670

                    Originally posted by Mnort10x
                    Got out to the range this morning and shot the target.
                    I have a BSA Mark II International with a Lyman 20x scope
                    and shot it prone with a Bald Eagle front rest @ 50yds.
                    Eley 10X Ammo. I would have liked to shoot off a bench
                    but was unable to gain access because of other match
                    running in that area. I'm happy.



                    Very nice shooting. I now have a goal to aspire to. If I ever shoot that good I might sell all my rifles.

                    Comment

                    • mif_slim
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 10089

                      Originally posted by dwh100
                      Lets see if this month gets more targets posted!
                      February finally had 2 excellently shot targets posted!
                      For a bit there, I thought the quarter, and the penny were going to win!

                      Shoot this target printed at 100%:



                      50 yds with scopes
                      25 yds with irons or red dots

                      Take 2 shots, from any position, at each of the 15 square targets for a total of 30 shots.

                      Scoring:
                      Break the outside of the black square score 1 pt
                      Fully inside black square score 2 pts
                      Break outside of the inside white square score 3 pts
                      Fully inside inner white square score 5 pts

                      Top score 150 pts

                      Post your targets with pertinent info:
                      total score, firearm used, position used, and local conditions.

                      Have fun!
                      Good Luck!
                      Much better target then the Feb one. With the scoring and the little micro 10x ring...it was difficult. haha. I'll post this one up for sure.

                      PS: What if the bullet was completely inside of the white but a tear touches the black? would that be 5 or 3? should of made it more simple, like:
                      outside of black, 1
                      in black, 3
                      in white, 5 or something...less to remember, less headache. but its all good. Your rules!
                      Last edited by mif_slim; 03-26-2010, 2:10 PM.
                      Originally posted by Gottmituns
                      It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

                      Comment

                      • kgcabs
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 1156

                        Brno Model 4. peeps @ 25 yards, Remington Target. Light wind. Next time I'll try the Wolf Match Target.

                        Score 84

                        Comment

                        • Demoni
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 33

                          So... It turns out I can't count my shots.

                          Put 3 into one target and only shot one each in another 2. Scored al 3 in the one target and scored the single hits on the others. Total score of 85.

                          Reasonable happy with the results, slight breeze threw off a few shots and I threw off a few my self. Second time out on the range with the new toy so I'm looking forward to next months challenge!

                          Details
                          Savage MarkII BV
                          Mueller 8.8-25x44mm
                          Wolf Match target (except the last target because I ran out have 500 on the way).
                          Prone with bipod and hand supporting the rear



                          and a quick shot of my paper puncher

                          Comment

                          • dwh100
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 955

                            April Rimfire Match

                            Well...Mnort10X scored 120 with that cool Lyman scoped BSA to win the match for the month of March! Congratulations!!!!
                            Thanx for all who posted targets.


                            Print this months target at 100%:


                            50 yds with scope
                            25 yds with irons/red dots

                            Scoring:
                            touch solid black dot.........10pts
                            touch smallest white ring...5pts
                            touch middle white ring.....3pts
                            touch outer white ring......1pt

                            Possible score 120

                            Post your targets with all pertinent info.

                            Good Luck and Have Fun!!!
                            Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                            - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                            Comment

                            • surfNshoot
                              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 1444

                              Well, I had hoped to do much better but here it is.

                              Shot at Angeles Shooting range. 50 yards
                              Ruger 10/22 with bull barrel
                              SS 16x scope
                              SK Standard Plus 40gr

                              Score 77 At least I have the rest of the month to better it. Also, I have a secret weapon that gets out of jail tomorrow. We'll see how it does.







                              UPDATE: I took my Mossberg 44US out to try 25yds with irons. I am pretty happy with my score of 93.



                              Last edited by surfNshoot; 04-18-2010, 6:53 PM.

                              Comment

                              • usmcchet9296
                                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 1834

                                Here is mine shot with a Ruger 10/22


                                Score 76




                                Casurfballa brought the targets
                                I didnt know this was part of the match or I might have tried harder but next time I go out I will
                                John P. Hermesmeyer
                                U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                                Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                                sigpic
                                Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                                In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1