Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
GSG 1911
Collapse
X
-
-If you insult me for my grammar errors, what makes you think I understand the insult?
-Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Are we done
-Voting is like falling off your bike. Sidewalk or street. Both are painful to fall on. But, the sidewalk (Mitt) is closer to the green grass. -
I shot mine on this weekend. Had a few FTF and FTE but nothing serious. Just part of the break in...It was a bad *** little gun and very accurate. Im very impressed and happy with my purchase..Comment
-
I just bought one of these. It was $399. I should have shopped around on price.
It looks awesome. The safety is lame and the trigger pull is a little rough. But it is supposed to be the same weight as a 1911 in .45 ACP. Plus some of the parts are compatible with other 1911's.
I can't wait to get it. Seems like it will be a lot of fun. Plus a lot cheaper to shoot then my .44 mag, .45 acp, and 9mm. And.... maybe, just maybe, I can get the old lady to finally try a pistol. All she shoots now is my 10/22 and is afraid of the Berretta. So hopefully this will be the 'gateway drug' (for lack of a better expression).Signature requiredComment
-
Yes I got mine out of jail yesterday. Four day weekend coming up so I am gonna wring it out. Can't wait. Next on the list of 'gotta-have's' is a Buckmark. Thank G@D for the one gun a month, or I would be broke.
So I stripped it, wiped it down and lubed it. It's really a good looking gun, but did they have to do the white job to all the lettering; it reads like a novel. Sigh... Maybe I will do the FDE job to it once I put some rounds through it.Tzvia

RIP Kelev my sweet Lab (and avatar). The best dog in the known universe. Thank you for 14 wonderful years. I will see you again one day.Comment
-
Let us know how it shoots.Yes I got mine out of jail yesterday. Four day weekend coming up so I am gonna wring it out. Can't wait. Next on the list of 'gotta-have's' is a Buckmark. Thank G@D for the one gun a month, or I would be broke.
So I stripped it, wiped it down and lubed it. It's really a good looking gun, but did they have to do the white job to all the lettering; it reads like a novel. Sigh... Maybe I will do the FDE job to it once I put some rounds through it.
This is the most excited I have been about a gun buy in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I like all my guns. But this is the first time the 10-day is really hurting.Signature requiredComment
-
Ran 200 rounds of CCI mini mags yesterday, flawless! This is the first .22lr I've shot and my first gun! Shoots pretty well (at 7 yards) and cheap to shoot! I look forward to practicing with it often.
EDIT: A few issues - The finish along the slides has pretty much already come off (after one visit to the range)...is this normal? The magazine it came with allows me to get in 11 rounds, but when you try to rack it with 11 rounds the gun jams and you have to rack it twice. So, it doesn't let you shoot 11. I guess I just have to pay closer attention to the round count...it's just a small issue.Last edited by puRe59; 08-31-2011, 7:37 AM.Comment
-
Mine also allows the 11th round, but it does not give me any feeding issue.
EDIT: A few issues - The finish along the slides has pretty much already come off (after one visit to the range)...is this normal? The magazine it came with allows me to get in 11 rounds, but when you try to rack it with 11 rounds the gun jams and you have to rack it twice. So, it doesn't let you shoot 11. I guess I just have to pay closer attention to the round count...it's just a small issue.Comment
-
I hope I don't have any issues when I get mine.
-If you insult me for my grammar errors, what makes you think I understand the insult?
-Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Are we done
-Voting is like falling off your bike. Sidewalk or street. Both are painful to fall on. But, the sidewalk (Mitt) is closer to the green grass.Comment
-
If you can get your hands on them, this is the price at LGSs. I would rather pay $40 - $50 more than have to drive an hour + to/from Turners anyway. I put mine in jail yesterday and will pick it up on the 9th.
The cost of the magazines is a real bummer on this thing though. Trying to find some at a reasonable price is becoming a chore.NRA Life Member
sigpic
Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!
"If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie EdwardsComment
-
$299 @ Turners is what I paid. 20min drive.Worth itIf you can get your hands on them, this is the price at LGSs. I would rather pay $40 - $50 more than have to drive an hour + to/from Turners anyway. I put mine in jail yesterday and will pick it up on the 9th.
The cost of the magazines is a real bummer on this thing though. Trying to find some at a reasonable price is becoming a chore.
-If you insult me for my grammar errors, what makes you think I understand the insult?
-Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Are we done
-Voting is like falling off your bike. Sidewalk or street. Both are painful to fall on. But, the sidewalk (Mitt) is closer to the green grass.Comment
-
$299 is a pretty good deal. Comes out to, $350 or $350 OTD. Not bad at all.
I did pay a bit more than that, little bummed about it, but that is ok. The plus side for me is my LGS is only five mintues from my house and I do not have to spend 45+ minutes (each way) drive to Turners... twice... One to purchase and to pickup.
(Just trying to make myself ok with it.)
NRA Life Member
sigpic
Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!
"If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie EdwardsComment
-
I took a look at a GSG 1911 today. I noticed that racking the slide it felt a little gritty. Also, if I gripped the slide I could wiggle it little bit. Is this normal?
BTW, if it makes you feel better they were asking 375 for it up here in Norcal.
Comment
-
That doesn't help at all, though it is closer to the price I paid.
NRA Life Member
sigpic
Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!
"If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie EdwardsComment
-
As will all 1911s (or all pistols??) the slide movement will become smoother the more rounds go through it. The first time I racked mine it was stiff and was the exact opposite of "smooth", more like jerk, jerk, jerk, then movement, a real non fluid movement if that makes sense. Not sure about the wiggle. Mine has upgrades aimed at keeping it a "tight" fit to maintain some tight accuracy.
and I got mine in norcal, $$+tax+dros for under 4 OTD.
Hauoli Makahiki Hou



-------Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,305
Posts: 25,146,619
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,498
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 30301 users online. 150 members and 30151 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment