Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Survival Rimfire

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    John Browning
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2006
    • 8089

    Marlin 39 Mountie. You can take it down, it is accurate, and plus I just bought one from a great member here.
    For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

    For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

    Originally posted by KWalkerM
    eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

    Comment

    • #17
      Bizcuits
      In Memoriam
      • Aug 2006
      • 6957

      I'd want a ruger 10/22
      Owner of Patriot Apparel - Decals, Vintage Signs, Apparel and More!
      Ebay Store Link
      Etsy Store Link

      Comment

      • #18
        AK4me
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 1282

        Id take my Ruger 10/22 and Mk III cause those are the only .22s I own. (besides my spikes .22 upper, But Id rather use the 10/22)
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          q3131a
          Member
          • Sep 2006
          • 375

          10/22 or AR7 Explorer

          Comment

          • #20
            stitchnicklas
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2010
            • 7091

            my 10/22 ruger-it is set up in a archangel kit with full rails,mbus flip-up sights,and a eotech sight. also i have 6 hi-cap mags for it (legally) too...!!! i got 180 rds till reload time

            Comment

            • #21
              Lex
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 1232

              M6 is a good choice too. It is so strong it can be use as a weapon to hit with.
              Beyond a Camper

              Comment

              • #22
                bombadillo
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Nov 2007
                • 14810

                I'd go Marlin 60 and a Mark III slab side because they work and I own them both.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Eat Dirt
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 9737

                  Originally posted by q3131a
                  10/22 or AR7 Explorer

                  I've had my 10/22 since the early 80's

                  just put the money on the counter today for the AR-7
                  --------------------------------------------------------------

                  I miss the Good 'ol days of Cal -Guns

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    nemisis1400
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 1270

                    Originally posted by Eat Dirt
                    I've had my 10/22 since the early 80's

                    just put the money on the counter today for the AR-7
                    is it the newest model? I heard that the newest model is grey and orange with room for 2 mags in there. If it's the new one can we get a range report, I can't get any info on the newest incarnation.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      glockman19
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2007
                      • 10486

                      My personal choices include a Ruger 10/22, Ruger MkIII Hunter and a Maglin 981t.
                      Of the three I would pick the Marlin because it is just as accurate as the other two but holds more rounds.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        trickyvic
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2006
                        • 1239

                        My Marlin 60 w/peep sights & sling.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Eat Dirt
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Nov 2007
                          • 9737

                          Originally posted by nemisis1400
                          is it the newest model? I heard that the newest model is grey and orange with room for 2 mags in there. If it's the new one can we get a range report, I can't get any info on the newest incarnation.
                          Actually................I bought a early Charter Arms AR-7 ( Still had the orig, box and instructions ) from another Cal-Gun member
                          --------------------------------------------------------------

                          I miss the Good 'ol days of Cal -Guns

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Seesm
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7812

                            10/22 (super accurate even stock with no mods, semi auto, large capacity mags) = WIN

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Pyrodyne
                              C3 Contributor
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 264

                              AR-7 and Beretta U22 NEOS. Beretta just released a carbine kit for the NEOS, haven't tried it yet. I once took my AR-7 out in the rain, it's quite accurate, easy to grip in pretty nasty weather, rain seems to have no effect other than making the target more difficult to see. My box of ammo filled with water and every round went bang. Mags are a little difficult to load in the cold.

                              A U22 won't let you down, it's quite reliable. Every FTF was ammunition's fault, every magazine issue was due to sticky fiocchi rounds (some sort of waxy substance made the rounds move slowly through the magazine too slowly).
                              Originally posted by jdberger
                              5 that bother to show up are worth a thousand who have "really strong feelings" but already committed to going fishing that day....

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                CSACANNONEER
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 44094

                                Originally posted by Pyrodyne
                                AR-7 and Beretta U22 NEOS. Beretta just released a carbine kit for the NEOS, haven't tried it yet. I once took my AR-7 out in the rain, it's quite accurate, easy to grip in pretty nasty weather, rain seems to have no effect other than making the target more difficult to see. My box of ammo filled with water and every round went bang. Mags are a little difficult to load in the cold.

                                A U22 won't let you down, it's quite reliable. Every FTF was ammunition's fault, every magazine issue was due to sticky fiocchi rounds (some sort of waxy substance made the rounds move slowly through the magazine too slowly).
                                I have to respectfully disagree with you. The AR7 and ANY semi auto .22lr can be finiky when it comes to ammo. I'd rather have a gun that will not fail when I need it most. Although, I'd love to shoot your AR7 sometime and compare it to mine. I really don't like the way mine shoots.

                                As far as the Neos goes, I worked at a range where we sometimes rented one. Yea, I said "sometimes". It had more than it's share of problems. I would NEVER consider it to be a reliable gun. I've never had major problems with a Ruger pre MK, MKI, II or III though.

                                Disclaimer: I'm just speaking from my personal observations and experiences. YMMV.
                                NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                                California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                                Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                                Utah CCW Instructor


                                Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                                sigpic
                                CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                                KM6WLV

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1