Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Stock suggestions for GSG5

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    KushMaster
    Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 241

    Originally posted by Shadow
    Justintox. If you got this on eBay from a guy named something like fishinghuntsports that is the same guy I bought mine from. In my case I got the steel core.

    -Shadow
    thats combat optical's ebay store
    God Bless the Rimfire exemptions in CA! At lease we get to shoot something that looks 'Tacticool'
    RimFire Junkie!

    Comment

    • #47
      Shadow
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 514

      Originally posted by Justintoxicated
      Thats the one I got too. I take it you did not like the Handguard? I was thinking about doing a cheap bipod on mine since I put a 4x scope on it.
      I wasn't opposed to the handguard really. I actually like the look but I needed a place to mount a vertical grip. I prefer a vertical grip over the handguard.

      Comment

      • #48
        Justintoxicated
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 3836

        Originally posted by Shadow
        I wasn't opposed to the handguard really. I actually like the look but I needed a place to mount a vertical grip. I prefer a vertical grip over the handguard.
        Didn't that stock come with a hand guard that has rails?

        Comment

        • #49
          Justintoxicated
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 3836

          I got the Stock and handguard and rail. I havent tried the rail because I already have the classic army rail mounted.

          The stock is ok, its a bit heavy due to it being steel but gives a much more solid feel than the stock one. However, there is still some play, since the part that slides over the rail on the rear of the GSG5 is plastic with a steel tube in the center there is some play. I notice the stock moves slightly up and down where it is mounted and the steel tube can move ever so slightly up and down due to the plastic flexing. There is also some play in the stock itself, its not as solid as my bravo company M4 stock for sure.

          The handguard leaves alot to be desired IMO. The rails on both sides are aluminum mounted to plastic and the rail underneath is just plastic. It looks great though and maybe the plastic rail will be good enough to mount a bipod to? I may end up getting the rrages modded classic army mount as I origionaly intended.

          All in all, if I could do it again I would like to try the real HK stock and classic army handguard, but I hear it has a little wiggle itself. I am enjoying the adjustability in the stock, esp witht he scope I put on it. I just wish they would have made the plastic slightly thicker for the mounting portion of the stock, and had the same extra tabs to secure it at the top, and possible some slightly tighter tolerances such that it is a PITA to get over the gun like the stock one.
          Last edited by Justintoxicated; 09-22-2009, 12:15 AM.

          Comment

          • #50
            KushMaster
            Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 241

            justin, post a few pix of your GSG-5 with the new stock
            God Bless the Rimfire exemptions in CA! At lease we get to shoot something that looks 'Tacticool'
            RimFire Junkie!

            Comment

            • #51
              Justintoxicated
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2009
              • 3836

              Originally posted by KushMaster
              justin, post a few pix of your GSG-5 with the new stock
              Yea, I need to, but I haven't been home while it's light out (except when running off for work)

              Comment

              • #52
                KushMaster
                Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 241

                Originally posted by Justintoxicated
                Yea, I need to, but I haven't been home while it's light out (except when running off for work)
                man, I hear that! I work 8 to 8 every weekday, so no sun light for me either

                If you find some spare time this weekend, take some detailed pix, before and after.
                God Bless the Rimfire exemptions in CA! At lease we get to shoot something that looks 'Tacticool'
                RimFire Junkie!

                Comment

                • #53
                  PolishMike
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 6034

                  I had the collapsible one and it broke. (the butt plate thing shattered in half)

                  Im stickin to the stock one for now.
                  Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    KushMaster
                    Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 241

                    Originally posted by PolishMike
                    I had the collapsible one and it broke. (the butt plate thing shattered in half)
                    how did that happen?

                    where did you buy it from and how much?
                    God Bless the Rimfire exemptions in CA! At lease we get to shoot something that looks 'Tacticool'
                    RimFire Junkie!

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      PolishMike
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 6034

                      I dunno. Pulled it out of the bag and one day it was broken. It was one of the big-name airsoft ones I think - I got it with the rifle
                      Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        KushMaster
                        Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 241

                        Originally posted by PolishMike
                        I dunno. Pulled it out of the bag and one day it was broken. It was one of the big-name airsoft ones I think - I got it with the rifle
                        are we both talking about the m4 style adjustable stock or the HK style retractable kind?
                        God Bless the Rimfire exemptions in CA! At lease we get to shoot something that looks 'Tacticool'
                        RimFire Junkie!

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          PolishMike
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Nov 2007
                          • 6034

                          Originally posted by KushMaster
                          are we both talking about the m4 style adjustable stock or the HK style retractable kind?
                          HK style
                          Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            KushMaster
                            Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 241

                            phewww...yea mike, Justin and I both bought the m4 style stock for the gsg-5.

                            mine is still in the mail
                            God Bless the Rimfire exemptions in CA! At lease we get to shoot something that looks 'Tacticool'
                            RimFire Junkie!

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              Shadow
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 514

                              That sucks Tox. My 4 pos M4 stock is rock solid, no play and all positions set tight. It's better than my AR's surprisingly.

                              _S

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                KushMaster
                                Member
                                • Sep 2009
                                • 241

                                I just got my 6 position stock, and its hefty alright! Its rock solid and there is no play where it connects to the rifle. However, there is some minor play at the plastic slider stock. no a big deal but you can notice if you shake it around
                                God Bless the Rimfire exemptions in CA! At lease we get to shoot something that looks 'Tacticool'
                                RimFire Junkie!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1