Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Browning Buckmark variations - which to buy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    newbie1234
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2016
    • 3131

    I had three:
    - Camper, very low price.
    - Contour, optic mount built in with weaver rail, heavy help to aim for accuracy.
    - Lite, mine is long barrel, very light and the most accurate of the three.
    I use to shoot couple hundred rounds center fire first until I wear out (old age) then I grab the Lite, because it is light. The Lite is the one see the range most of the three.
    But if you shoot out door more then get the Contour with Red Dot so you can shoot target at 20+ yards.
    If you have a limit budget then get the Camper.
    Don't forget to check out the Ruger Mark IV Target CA version (on roster) before make the purchase (or be a real Calguner, get BOTH )

    Comment

    • #17
      Spyder
      CGN Contributor
      • Mar 2008
      • 17273

      I've got a TacSol rail for one in a box in the closet, so I'm still leaning towards just getting the cheapest camper, putting the rail and a red dot on it, and doing the 1911 grip mod. I like the look of the rosewood UDX slab side, but that's more than I want to spend.

      I have enough Ruger Mk series to hold me over for now. Several barrel lengths and Mk series to pick from. The 10" MkII is great fun and the 6 7/8" stainless MkII is my most-shot pistol over the years, and I hardly ever take the Standard or MkI out of the safe.

      Comment

      • #18
        Blackhawk556
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 4202




        Got this at sportsman?s warehouse last year and they had a wrong sticker price on it so I saved little over $100 because they had already done the paperwork.

        This gun is super accurate and obviously recoil is nothing. Fiber optic sight would be brighter honestly. It doesn?t pop as much as I would like.

        This is the one with the 7.15? barrel. I know sportsman sells a shorter version of this one as well but I wanted the barrel length for more accuracy.

        I even won 1st place in my local range bullseye at 10 yards




        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic PM 4 Front Sight diamond
        "If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"

        Comment

        • #19
          Spyder
          CGN Contributor
          • Mar 2008
          • 17273

          Dangitt, I like that one too. Tough choices. ��

          Comment

          • #20
            Blackhawk556
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 4202

            Originally posted by Spyder
            Dangitt, I like that one too. Tough choices. ��

            Which one did you end up buying?


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            sigpic PM 4 Front Sight diamond
            "If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"

            Comment

            • #21
              Spyder
              CGN Contributor
              • Mar 2008
              • 17273

              Actually just yesterday managed to stumble across a reasonable priced Hunter model in a shops case and jumped on it. It came out to be just a little bit more than the new in-stock Camper model so I couldn't pass it up. I like that gray 7 1/4" lite version up there a lot, and the used Hunter has the long barrel and lower cost so I went with it. It'll be several weeks until I get a range report. Thanks everyone for info, your comments definitely helped in my search. I appreciate it!

              Comment

              • #22
                Blackhawk556
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 4202

                Originally posted by Spyder
                Actually just yesterday managed to stumble across a reasonable priced Hunter model in a shops case and jumped on it. It came out to be just a little bit more than the new in-stock Camper model so I couldn't pass it up. I like that gray 7 1/4" lite version up there a lot, and the used Hunter has the long barrel and lower cost so I went with it. It'll be several weeks until I get a range report. Thanks everyone for info, your comments definitely helped in my search. I appreciate it!

                Have fun. My buddy picked this up after shooting mine. He had to one up me [emoji1]




                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                sigpic PM 4 Front Sight diamond
                "If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"

                Comment

                • #23
                  Spyder
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 17273

                  Space gun! I was leaning towards the green Lite version, and it looked like there was one on the roster, but I didn't find it in stock anywhere online. I also really like the slab side look of some of them, but when I stumbled into the Hunter I figured I needed to just stop looking and thinking about it and do it.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    dave85620
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 691

                    Originally posted by Spyder
                    Space gun! I was leaning towards the green Lite version, and it looked like there was one on the roster, but I didn't find it in stock anywhere online. I also really like the slab side look of some of them, but when I stumbled into the Hunter I figured I needed to just stop looking and thinking about it and do it.
                    The lite green urx looks like an outstanding choice.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      avf
                      Junior Member
                      • Mar 2018
                      • 71

                      Originally posted by sanjoseskater
                      I?ve had a couple I like my buckmark light with the 7.25 barrel really accurate with no red dot, can?t imagine how good it would be with a red dot
                      Really interested in the 7+" barrel. I dont see much reviews on the advantage of the longer barrel and downsides. care to share your experience viz a viz the other ones

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        painkiller
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 940

                        Is the practical urx kali kompliant?
                        everyone has a phtographic memory,some just dont have the film

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Blackhawk556
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4202

                          Originally posted by avf
                          Really interested in the 7+" barrel. I dont see much reviews on the advantage of the longer barrel and downsides. care to share your experience viz a viz the other ones

                          I like mine. Norma ammo with the wax coating is a problem as it won?t extract. The accuracy is great and the recoil is worse when I fart than when I shoot 22LR

                          Very easy to shoot quickly and keep an eye on the fiber optic sight. The fiber optics is a little cloudy wish it was brighter


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          sigpic PM 4 Front Sight diamond
                          "If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Zenderfall
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2017
                            • 600

                            Originally posted by painkiller
                            Is the practical urx kali kompliant?
                            The URX Practical is on the roster, and is available at many gun stores in CA.

                            NRA Pistol/Rifle Instructor
                            CADOJ Certified Instructor
                            NRA Pistol/Rimfire Rifle Distinguished Expert
                            NRA RSO, IDPA Safety Officer
                            NRA & CRPA Member
                            Veteran, 1994-1998

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Spyder
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 17273

                              I shot a magazine off the patio at some rocks off in the distance the other day and I like it. Been too dang busy to really put time into it yet. Hoping to slow down enough I can set up some targets and get it dialed in, as it was several inches high at 15ish yards. Feels good, looks good, I like it.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                ar15barrels
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 57180

                                I just snagged this one:


                                Randall Rausch

                                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1