Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cheapest single shot

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    alpha_romeo_XV
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2006
    • 3140

    Does it have to be single shot ? Lots of used mag or tube fed 22LR bolt rifles out there. I tried to sell one here cheap a couple years ago but no takers so traded it in at a LGS for $50 credit.

    Comment

    • #17
      CheapBloke
      Banned
      • Feb 2019
      • 3121

      Originally posted by alpha_romeo_XV
      Does it have to be single shot ? Lots of used mag or tube fed 22LR bolt rifles out there. I tried to sell one here cheap a couple years ago but no takers so traded it in at a LGS for $50 credit.
      But were you offering it for $50 on CG Marketplace? Lol.

      I would think at $50, it would of gone in an instant.

      Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #18
        ar15barrels
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2006
        • 57177

        Originally posted by 19K
        In Fresno alone there’s 31 gun shops according to google.
        None of those 31 have used single shot 22s?
        55 total in the surrounding area.
        Some people consider "near me" to be 5 miles or less and won't travel further.
        Like when the OC people don't want to travel to me for work because I am over 20 miles away.
        The guys that travel 300+ miles to come see me usually get a chuckle out of those 20 mile people.
        Randall Rausch

        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

        Comment

        • #19
          CheapBloke
          Banned
          • Feb 2019
          • 3121

          Originally posted by ar15barrels
          Some people consider "near me" to be 5 miles or less and won't travel further.
          Like when the OC people don't want to travel to me for work because I am over 20 miles away.
          The guys that travel 300+ miles to come see me usually get a chuckle out of those 20 mile people.
          20 miles, what no. Last time I went to you, actually went twice, it was like 55 miles per 1-way lol.

          I wish it was 20miles, I would of gone more often.

          Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by CheapBloke; 09-14-2022, 4:56 PM.

          Comment

          • #20
            Imageview
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2018
            • 1629

            Comment

            • #21
              subscriber
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2011
              • 929

              Load one round into the mag of a bolt action, or modify the mag to make it hold a single round. Or modify the mag to act as a tray, so you don't have to remove it for loading the single round.

              If someone is likely to do something stupid with a mag fed bolt action, they are just as likely to do it with a single shot rifle. You have to manage the process, either way.
              Last edited by subscriber; 09-15-2022, 10:38 PM.

              Comment

              • #22
                Angrysnarf
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2015
                • 2860

                Last edited by Angrysnarf; 09-16-2022, 7:22 AM.

                Comment

                • #23
                  TooFewGuns
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 526

                  Last shop in Fresno that I remember seeing dozens of old long guns on racks was John McCormicks but they closed about 8 or so years ago. Used to be dozens of 22s, shotguns and milsurps collecting dust for a hundred buck or so. Closest place to Fresno where I have seen something similar is up at Stockton Gun Exchange. It's probably not worth the drive though and I have no idea on prices.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Imageview
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2018
                    • 1629

                    Last time I was at Stockton gun exchange the prices were solid but the selection was down. This was back in early 2021 though, if I remember right, so I'd imagine they'd likely have restocked since then. Can just shoot em a call and see if they might take a look.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      ar15barrels
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 57177

                      Originally posted by Angrysnarf
                      Has to be single shot.
                      Why?
                      Randall Rausch

                      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        TKM
                        Onward through the fog!
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jul 2002
                        • 10657

                        Plan A. Pick 6 numbers.

                        Plan B. Involves recycling.

                        If you don't want to put in the effort just say so.
                        It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          El Gato
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 1613

                          I'm a firearms instructor and most gun stores locally are not interested in buying them as they are not worth the cost to them of doing all of the paperwork. Call around for stores that take consignments is my suggestion.
                          Greebo, as a matter of feline pride, would attempt to fight or rape absolutely anything, up to and including a four-horse logging wagon. Ferocious dogs would whine and hide under the stairs when Greebo sauntered down the street. Foxes Kept away from the village. Wolves made a detour. Terry Pratchett

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Angrysnarf
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2015
                            • 2860

                            Originally posted by TKM
                            Plan A. Pick 6 numbers.

                            Plan B. Involves recycling.

                            If you don't want to put in the effort just say so.

                            Elaborate

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              M76
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Apr 2014
                              • 5953

                              Originally posted by Angrysnarf
                              Elaborate
                              play lotto or collect aluminum cans for cash, I believe...
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by dunndeal
                              Stop digging.
                              Originally posted by BrassCase
                              I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
                              iTrader

                              https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Angrysnarf
                                Veteran Member
                                • Oct 2015
                                • 2860

                                Originally posted by M76
                                play lotto or collect aluminum cans for cash, I believe...

                                Lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1