Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Rimfire only fans

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    ronrichards64
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 790

    Just assembled a AR 15 in 22/LR Nordic upper . 22 LR is great.

    Comment

    • #32
      ar15barrels
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 57179

      Originally posted by B yond
      I thought "Rimfire OnlyFans" was going to be about something else...
      There's a creme for that:

      It's used when your rim is on fire.
      Randall Rausch

      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

      Comment

      • #33
        Wheellock
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2019
        • 1112

        I prefer rimfire. I shoot a 2 gun rimfire match each month and it is my favorite match. Plus, it’s great for new shooters.

        Comment

        • #34
          JTROKS
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2007
          • 13093

          Originally posted by ar15barrels
          There's a creme for that:

          It's used when your rim is on fire.
          The wise man said just find your place
          In the eye of the storm
          Seek the roses along the way
          Just beware of the thorns...
          K. Meine

          Comment

          • #35
            jigenax
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 1107

            I love shooting my rimfires but I also enjoy my centerfires. First firearm I ever shot was a friend's 10/22. My very first firearm purchase was my own 10/22. Still own it and added more rimfires since then. Currently I'm in the hunt for a Ruger Bearcat and a Mk IV Hunter.
            USMC 1985-93 0331/32 & 0341
            NRA Endowment Life Member
            CRPA & SASS Life Member

            Resident CCW: Enhanced ID
            Non Resident CCW: AZ, FL, NV, OR, & UT

            Comment

            • #36
              Vangster
              Member
              • Feb 2018
              • 312

              I love rim fire. I would rather shoot my Smith and Wesson MP 15-22 and my fully built Spikes Tactical AR 22 than my real ARs🤷🏻*♂️

              Comment

              • #37
                sigfan91
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jun 2009
                • 12350

                Originally posted by B yond
                I thought "Rimfire OnlyFans" was going to be about something else...
                I bet that would be a popular channel on OnlyFans.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Peahi2
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2018
                  • 818

                  I really came to enjoy rimfire during the covid-crisis ammo shortage.

                  With ammo spiking, I gravitated towards 22 LR. I already had a nice 22 pistol(SW model 41) and added a cz 457...and soon after a 10/22, and then last a Kidd 22. Also during that time, I picked up a 22 AR upper to stick on my AR pistol. (my 22 glock slide from advantage arms sits deep in the closet, bc I think it sucks ***).

                  I find long distance 22 shooting very enjoyable. And my 22s are my most accurate guns by far. When the conditions are right, with a 22 rifle can you can a hit a sub MOA group (sub 1 inch at 100 yards) if the stars are aligned (conditions/gun/ammo/you). Its a slippery slope though, because, like other gun categories (and like other hobbies), you soon find yourself spending way more than you planned on.

                  Again, my 22 rifles are my most accurate guns. Add on to that match ammo, and high quality scopes, and you are in business. I have no qualms making expensive upgrades to my 22 rigs, especially with regards to scopes. And don't get me wrong, you don't have to go with the latest night force or Vortex Razor.

                  Shooting 22 long-distance is righteous fun! Look at all the guys going all out with the Vudoos....I might have to get one of those one day.

                  One day:

                  Last edited by Peahi2; 08-24-2022, 10:17 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Wordupmybrotha
                    From anotha motha
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2013
                    • 6965

                    22 is my favorite caliber, but it can't do it all.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      RandyD
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 6673

                      I am a rimfire fan! I have no concern about leaving my brass. It's not reloadable and it is relatively small. Ammo is cheap. I still have ammo left over that I bought in the 80s, at 2 cents a round. Something inside me prompted me to buy a lot back then. It is an adequate defense round. I would not want to be shot by someone with a Ruger 10-22 or Single Six. My grandparents owned a cattle ranch and they used to use a High Standard .22 semiauto handgun to kill the cattle. If .22 works on 1200 lb cattle, it will work on a 250 lb man.

                      I profess I do not use a .22 for self-defense or big game hunting. There is no point when I have centerfire handguns and rifles available.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Dutch3
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 14181

                        Originally posted by bigbossman
                        When I was 14, my father bought me a used Winchester Model 72 from a work buddy. Dad was a city kid, and knew nothing about guns or rifles. But, he knew that I was in The Scouts, and that I wanted a rifle of my very own. Bolt action, tube magazine, 4x Weaver scope. I'm 65 now, and still have that rifle. Dad been gone now for a long while, and I'll never, ever sell it.

                        We used to up by Roketdyne in the SIMI hills to shoot it, and would stop at various bars to dumpster dive for cans on the way. Waaaaay too many good memories wrapped up in that $35 rifle.
                        Hah. I grew up in Simi. My dad got me that Model 67 from someone he worked with at Rockwell. He was at the 'Atomics International' division in the SFV on De Soto at the time. He had worked at Rocketdyne in the late 1950s, shortly after the reactor meltdown (that nobody knew about). He was back up there in the late 1970s and into the 80s (once people were finding out about the meltdown). He bought a Geiger counter and would check his shoes with it in the garage after coming home from work. He usually left his shoes i the garage.

                        I can remember being in elementary school when those engine tests would crank up. The teachers often had to stop and wait for the roar to subside so they could continue teaching.

                        In later years, my friends and I would ride our bikes up into Tapo Canyon with our rifles strapped on the handlebars. We shot acorns out of the oak trees. CCI .22LR was 99 cents per 100 rounds at KMart. Good times.

                        Sorry for the off topic.
                        Just taking up space in (what is no longer) the second-worst small town in California.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Fatcat
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 1299

                          I could live w/ .22’s but it only if it were only for shooting marksmanship. Honestly the only guns that spark my interests are the C&R Winchester pumps or Ruger Mk II’s. AR’s and tupperware guns are meh. ��

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            noseyparker2u
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2011
                            • 539

                            There is a terrible lack of photos of guns in this thread. Terrible.



                            Pietta all steel 10 shot .22.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              44fred
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2011
                              • 2399

                              Originally posted by noseyparker2u
                              There is a terrible lack of photos of guns in this thread. Terrible.



                              Pietta all steel 10 shot .22.
                              "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

                              "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

                              "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
                              -- Thomas Jefferson

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                ar15barrels
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 57179

                                Originally posted by noseyparker2u
                                I want that Troy Landry box when you are done shooting the ammo.
                                Randall Rausch

                                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1