Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Factory New Ruger Single Six Scratch/Nick

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    44fred
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 2399

    Originally posted by darkstar2000
    I should have inspected it throughly. Got too excited during the Dros time. Assuming the firearm would be flawless being factory new in the box. I will keep you guys updated on what happens. Thanks for all the responses
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
    -- Thomas Jefferson

    Comment

    • #17
      -hanko
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jul 2002
      • 14174

      Originally posted by five.five-six
      I wouldn’t care but that’s just me.

      Question: If it bothers you, why did you buy it in the first place?
      Excellent question. OP was probably wet himself when he bought the gun...difficult to think about anything else.

      That happens a lot around here.
      Last edited by -hanko; 05-09-2022, 3:32 PM.
      True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

      Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

      Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

      A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

      Comment

      • #18
        G. Freeman
        Member
        • Dec 2007
        • 421

        Scotch brite gray would blend it so it's not as noticeable. Personally, if the rest of the gun is fine, I wouldn't send it in.

        Comment

        • #19
          pennstater
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 4671

          Four pics, one ding, correct? If one ding and everything seems fine, keep as is.
          Just not worth the hassle.

          MLC

          Comment

          • #20
            darkstar2000
            Member
            • Nov 2019
            • 318

            Yeap one ding and everything else is flawless on the firearm. Talked to Ruger already the firearm is on its way to the factory. Will keep you all posted.

            Comment

            • #21
              Garand Hunter
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2016
              • 2786

              I would keep it as is but I am not one to tell other buyers what to do. Maybe after the first time you drop it, it won't matter. PS I like Ruger pistols and rifles.

              Psalm 1

              Comment

              • #22
                golfish
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Mar 2013
                • 10124

                Originally posted by darkstar2000
                Yeap one ding and everything else is flawless on the firearm. Talked to Ruger already the firearm is on its way to the factory. Will keep you all posted.
                I've never delt with Ruger's CS but I've read great things. You got lucky, they could have easily told you no. For all they know you put the ding on it when you dropped it on the carpet.
                It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                Happiness is a warm gun.

                MLC, First 3

                Comment

                • #23
                  trashman
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 3824

                  Originally posted by darkstar2000
                  Yeap one ding and everything else is flawless on the firearm. Talked to Ruger already the firearm is on its way to the factory. Will keep you all posted.
                  I had a similar issue when I bought a S&W Custom Shop 627PC through Budsgunshop. That was (at the time) a $1,000 gun new, and the bead-blasted finish looked like it had been in a drawer full of brass screws for a month. S&W re-bead blasted it on their dime, which I greatly appreciated. I expect a new gun from the S&W Custom Shop (even if it's still a production model) to be damn near flawless for the $ they ask.

                  During my peak accumulating period I preferred buying guns from Davidson's or Buds because they moved through so much inventory I knew the guns never sat in a retail shop and got handled over and over and over...this was the only time I was surprised by the condition of something I bought from either of them, and in my view it was on the factory, not the distributor.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    sos
                    Member
                    • Aug 2013
                    • 105

                    I get too excited when buying also and overlook some flaws toos.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      darkstar2000
                      Member
                      • Nov 2019
                      • 318

                      Update: Got the revolver back from Ruger. The turnaround time was 8 days including the weekend and the day I sent it out. They apparently refinished the barrel and the frame for me. The ding is no longer there.
                      Last edited by darkstar2000; 05-20-2022, 9:54 AM.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        k1dude
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2009
                        • 15937

                        Originally posted by darkstar2000
                        Update: Got the revolver back from Ruger. The turnaround time was 8 days including the weekend and the day I sent it out. They apparently refinished the barrel and the frame for me. The ding is no longer there.
                        Wow!!! That was FAST with an excellent outcome! I'm impressed with Ruger. Congrats!
                        "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                        "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          nickel plate
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 2134

                          Originally posted by darkstar2000
                          Update: Got the revolver back from Ruger. The turnaround time was 8 days including the weekend and the day I sent it out. They apparently refinished the barrel and the frame for me. The ding is no longer there.
                          We've seen the before, please post an after photo.
                          Kudos to Ruger for a fast turnaround.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Spyder
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 17272

                            Excellent to hear!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                            • #30
                              BOBGBA
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 2400

                              In the first set of photos, some pictures make the nick look deep and some don't, so it's hard for me to tell how deep it actually was.

                              Did Ruger say how they refinished it?
                              Was the mark shallow enough that bead blasting it could have fixed it?

                              I'm interested in anyone else's theory on how they fixed it.
                              God Bless America - My iTrader rating - https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...2-transactions

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1