Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Browning Buck Mark Contour or Camper?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    pinger
    Member
    • Sep 2018
    • 321

    I've only taken it apart once to change the top strap. I've been using bore snake from breech to clean and final with patch from muzzle. Spray cleaner, brush and air for any crud in the action.

    Comment

    • #47
      DArBad
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 3002

      Originally posted by Brad H
      ……...

      I am a bit anal retentive with cleaning, I like to get my guns really clean after a range trip. Do you guys take the screws out and remove the slide when cleaning? I am curious how others clean their Buckmarks?
      I took off the top strap, the slide, and the barrel. I disassembled the slide completely and removed the extractor, to see what I've got, and I flushed that area with my Eds Red. I am OCD too when it comes to cleaning my guns. To each his own I guess.

      Is it necessary? Well to me, it is. That is why I do what I do. Still, one of these days, when I have the time, I will totally take it apart (including the frame and parts). I am quite busy lately, so the frame was spared earlier.
      Last edited by DArBad; 07-14-2020, 11:52 AM.

      Comment

      • #48
        newbie1234
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2016
        • 3130

        I am kind of lazy, I took off the top strap, the slide, firing pin (the taper on the firing pin is on the right side of my BM), I keep the barrel and the extractor intact. Clean and apply a thin layer of oil on the moving area. I did not do anything on the frame. Pay attention on the metal wire ejector (attached to the frame), do not bend that metal wire.

        When re-assemble the top strap I apply BLUE Lock Tite on the two screws.

        I clean my BM after every range trip. The 22LR ammo is very filthy, about every 200/300 rds at the range I used a small piece of tissue (hand paper) clean the residue on: the breech, the feed ramp and firing pin surface. That is it.
        Last edited by newbie1234; 07-14-2020, 5:36 PM.

        Comment

        • #49
          tokuno
          Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 279

          Save your Buckmark proof of purchase.
          There's a cci rebate on 22lr if you also bought a 22lr firearm in 2020.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1