I just uploaded my video review of the Marlin 795 on YouTube.
Please feel free to leave any comments or questions in the comment section of the video's on YouTube. Subscribe to get a notice of new updates videos I load up on firearms and accessories.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Marlin 795 thread
Collapse
X
-
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/mabopre88au2.html Is considered a good price and place to buy them
The stock is said to fit perfectly without mods. It does no have sling studs let alone sling swivels so you will have to add both.I think Midway carries those mags too, but they probably cost more there.
For sling swivels, I bought some KNS precision (US made) QD parked 1.25" ones. I didn't want to settle for the Chinese made Uncle Mike's. The KNS are very nice. (I put them on my CZ, but that doesn't matter). I did mount a USGI web and it's good to go.
Thanks for the replies, its been very helpful.
Leave a comment:
-
Thank you to the two above posters for the info requested. I guess I will just leave the scope on, remove the bi-pod, and install a sling.
I already have 5 magazines and ordered the USGI sling.
I have an assortment of .22 ammo and intend on using the most quality/best performing ammo for the event. CCI and Federal Automatch have always seemed to perform above the bulk boxes...and its .22 ammo so it is not painful on the wallet.
If you have any other recommendations based on your experience, please give it.Leave a comment:
-
Scopes are fine for Appleseed. The shooting fundamentals are unchanged. You learn how to shoot with what you have.
Big 5, believe it or not, sometimes has 795 magazines. Call beforehand to check.Leave a comment:
-
You shoot a little under 200 rounds on Day 1, and over 300 rounds on Day 2 at an Appleseed event.
I use the 795 for Appleseed and it works very well provided that you are using ammo that it likes. I get a LOT of FTF's with the red box of Winchester hollowpoints. My 795 seems more ammo sensitive than others. Part of it is that in a steady hold position, the magazine is in contact with my inner forearm. Any upward pressure on the mag seems to change the alignment just enough to cause the FTF, so watch out for that.
As for scopes.... They are pretty common at the two Appleseeds I've been to. Tech sights are also common, but it is certainly easier with a scope. This is particularly true for me due to very poor vision. You are shooting 1" squares at 25 meters. If you can see where your shot went without a scope, then thank your mom for all those carrots and go with tech sights :-)
One last thing. It is very helpful to have three magazines at Appleseed. Many of the shooting events throughout both days are combinations of one 2 round mag and one 8 round mag. They do this because changing mags effects your Natural Point of Aim if you are doing it wrong. But, if you get a failure to feed, it's really helpful to drop the offending mag and slap in the spare one from your pocket. They encourage this, as Mr. Murphy can only be thwarted with preparation.Last edited by nwoods; 05-26-2011, 6:39 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Anyone use their 795 for Appleseed? Plan on using for the first day, and I'm not sure I want to buy Tech Sights just for that. My iron sights are horrible for accuracy, so I have decent scope on the rifle.
Not sure if I would be ruining the experience buy going scoped. Day 2 will be with a AR, but want to use the 795 on the first day to conserve ammo/save money. Decisions, decisions...Leave a comment:
-
I think Midway carries those mags too, but they probably cost more there.
For sling swivels, I bought some KNS precision (US made) QD parked 1.25" ones. I didn't want to settle for the Chinese made Uncle Mike's. The KNS are very nice. (I put them on my CZ, but that doesn't matter). I did mount a USGI web and it's good to go.Leave a comment:
-
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/mabopre88au2.html Is considered a good price and place to buy themI started to order stuff to put together an Appleseed LTR, so what's the current skinny on 10rd mags for these guys? Where are you guys getting them lately? Who's currently got them in stock?
Also, I ordered a wood stock from Numeric, anybody know if they ship with sling swivels already installed or do I have to order a set too?
I'm not sure if the new wood stock is exactly specific to the rifle, so if any of you have any experience with them, I welcome any input you have about any possible modifications I'd have to do before installation.
BTW, the Tech Sights have also been ordered. Just waiting on your info about the swivels before I order a M1 sling, so I can order the swivels and sling from the same vendor to save on shipping.
The stock is said to fit perfectly without mods. It does no have sling studs let alone sling swivels so you will have to add both.Leave a comment:
-
I started to order stuff to put together an Appleseed LTR, so what's the current skinny on 10rd mags for these guys? Where are you guys getting them lately? Who's currently got them in stock?
Also, I ordered a wood stock from Numeric, anybody know if they ship with sling swivels already installed or do I have to order a set too?
I'm not sure if the new wood stock is exactly specific to the rifle, so if any of you have any experience with them, I welcome any input you have about any possible modifications I'd have to do before installation.
BTW, the Tech Sights have also been ordered. Just waiting on your info about the swivels before I order a M1 sling, so I can order the swivels and sling from the same vendor to save on shipping.Last edited by Mr. Meeseeks; 04-26-2011, 4:14 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Yeah you guys are right about the lock, either the salesman at Big5 doesn't know what he is talking about or he's just trying to rip me off. I'll return the lock (unopened) asap.
In the meantime, what kinds of bipods do you guys recommend for the 795? (preferably the cheaper the better :P).
I've been eyeing the Shooters Ridge 6-9 bipod, thirty bucks with free shipping and no tax from amazon.Last edited by iWANNA50cal; 04-24-2011, 8:59 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Rimfire firearms and centerfire assault weapons are completely different.
With a 22lr caliber rifle, you dont need a mag lock, when using a pistol grip, folding/collapsible stock, forward grip, or flash hider. Just make sure the barrel is over 16" and the OAL is at least 26".Grate thanks guy's. And sorry for the late reply my wife and I just had a baby and we been busy with the little guyThat stock is legal, but if you look in the beginning pages of the thread you can also see it on the gun.
.
Leave a comment:
-
Every 795 / 60 ships from Marlin with a FREE Marlin lock model MFC-20 which is on the Californis DOJ list of approved locks(Marlin ships a free lock with every single rifle they make, just a different model lock for each model rifle).
If your dealer is charging you anything for an approved lock your getting ripped off!
I hate cheats, theives and liars.
Leave a comment:
-
-
This is the piece of paper that came with the lock of the Marlin 795.
Leave a comment:
-
Fwiw, I was told that the trigger lock that came with our Rough Rider that we bought at Stockade last month was not Kali legal. So I was sold an eleven dollar Remington cable lock to go with it.
But now my curiosity is piqued----and I'm gonna do some research tomorrow and see if I got had......Leave a comment:
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,821
Posts: 25,152,031
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 10316 users online. 145 members and 10171 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Leave a comment: