Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin 795 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ricky-Ray
    replied
    Heading to Turner's in the morning to purchase mine. $134.98 plus tax and DROS and $25 mail in rebate.

    And I have a 22 AR upper in the mail on it's way. Now I just need to wait until I can find a Marlin 60, and a Henery lever action on sale and I think I will be set.

    Dam....22's can be addicting.

    Leave a comment:


  • judgedrift
    replied
    Just bought one this morning. Now to the Internet to get some Tech Sights and a Sling while I wait for it to get out of jail.

    Leave a comment:


  • otteray
    replied
    How are you sighting it? Have you tried at close range (25')?
    Why do you want high scope mounts? Are you using the iron sights, as well?
    If you have young, good eyes you don't really need a scope for the .22 's range.
    Does it shoot Point Of Aim with factory iron sights or a receiver peep sight?

    Scopes are awesome, cool and sometimes absolutely essential; but, especially if you haven't much experience with long guns, you are missing out on a really satisfying time by not shooting with plain iron sights; at least get good at it while you wait to get the scope setup that works for your needs. Regular blazer ammo should get you into some fairly decent bullseye shooting at 100 yards, with that Marlin's bore.

    Leave a comment:


  • blasterman88
    replied
    Guys i have a question, i just got the Centerpoint Scope from walmart and ordered the UTG high Scope mount for my 795. I cannot get it to 0 out. I have tried everything and it shoots about 10 inchs too low. Do I need the other mount? The UTG Medium so the scope doesnt sit so high. i dont have alot of expeience with rifles so your input is greatly appreciated...

    Dan

    Leave a comment:


  • bronco77
    replied
    Turners posted their ad for sale prices starting tomorrow. The Marlin 795 deal from a few weeks ago is back. Gun is on sale for $135 and it comes down to $110 after the mail in rebate.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chaos47
    replied
    Originally posted by pdude
    If you can check Turner's as I followed Chaos49's advice and walked into a Turner store and asked for the price from the other week and they gave it to me for 129. I still get the $25 rebate. If not, the 149 is a good deal as I think I saw it for $179 at Big5.
    Glad it worked out for you!

    Leave a comment:


  • pdude
    replied
    If you can check Turner's as I followed Chaos49's advice and walked into a Turner store and asked for the price from the other week and they gave it to me for 129. I still get the $25 rebate. If not, the 149 is a good deal as I think I saw it for $179 at Big5.

    Leave a comment:


  • Domingo
    replied
    I been looking at one from bass pro maybe this weekend
    Ill buy it $149 and a $25 rebate from marlin will be $125 plus
    dross tax maybe not a bad deal

    Leave a comment:


  • I have a gub
    replied
    price + sales tax + ffl fee

    No ffl fee

    price + sales tax + dros fee

    Leave a comment:


  • 916Bobby
    replied
    when you buy a gun from big5/sports authority, do you pay the price + sales tax + ffl fee?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nor415Cali
    replied
    Originally posted by pdude
    Sweet! I'm waiting for an MM serial number 795 as well! What have you shot out of it so far?
    I shot mine with cheap wal mart Remington golden bullet and blazer. Super super reliable!!

    Leave a comment:


  • redrex
    replied
    Speaking of the M1 look



    I picked this up to teach my son to shoot. To bad he's only 5, he's got a few years to wait still

    Leave a comment:


  • otteray
    replied
    Great vid's, thanks for the show!

    I'll be shooting my Marlin/ Glenfield Model 70 (predecessor of the Marlin 795) tomorrow at an informal match. I made a tactical sling as described on ARF. It's a pistol/ carbine event that I wanted to use my Ruger Standard Pistol with; but that is a jammer, so I'll be using a 1911 .45 instead.
    Hopefully, there will be some decent pix taken at the event to share with you guys.
    Here once again, is the pic of an older Marlin 60 and the Glenfield 70, the Model 795's forefather, showing the Tech Sights and added handguard for that classy MI Carbine look. That's not the tactical sling, though.


    [IMG][/IMG]

    Leave a comment:


  • REDHORSE
    replied
    mattymatt shooting his 795 at last weeks SSA Tactical .22 Match. He wanted to try out the Tech-Sights I had on my 10/22, so he used it for one of the latter stages.



    NutnFancy 795 video that was posted a few days ago:

    Leave a comment:


  • lcw
    replied
    I tested mine with walmart federal bulk. Not a single ftf fte.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1