Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin 795 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • professionalcoyotehunter
    replied
    Nice! I'll trade you a new blued one?

    Leave a comment:


  • GSequoia
    replied
    For what it's worth I got a smokin' deal on a 795SS a year and a half ago or so and I've never had any issues with FTF or FTE.

    Here it is with an old eBay special Weaver Challenger 4x scope on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gigan
    replied
    I keep hearing about the muzzlelite bullpup but I have yet to see it on a 795. Lots of people saying it will work on a 795 but I have yet to see pics of a 795 with it installed. Muzzlelite to my knowledge does not have one listed for the 795. Marlin 60 and 70 is what they advertise. So does anyone have a pic of one installed on a 795? Just wondering as it is something I would like to buy for mine but not willing to fork out the dough based on someone who knows someone who dremeled some of it off and installed it. I have never seen pic of one installed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick1236
    replied
    Originally posted by caoboy
    You can be, just make sure you don't 'infringe' on them.

    Check them out. It's a neat little setup, I can't use them though, since I am left handed lol.
    I was looking and only found stocks for the model #60 and #70. Are they the same as the 795?

    Leave a comment:


  • caoboy
    replied
    You can be, just make sure you don't 'infringe' on them.

    Check them out. It's a neat little setup, I can't use them though, since I am left handed lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick1236
    replied
    well damn... thought i was on to something
    Last edited by Nick1236; 03-04-2010, 12:48 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • caoboy
    replied
    Muzzelite has a bullpup stock already...

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick1236
    replied
    here is a "quick" composite drawing done on MS paint:

    Enjoy
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick1236
    replied
    Originally posted by professionalcoyotehunter
    Not if it is hollow.
    I'm a machinist by trade (CNC Lathes but milling can be done at my shop as well). If done right it shouldn't cost to much. The initial setup would be the most time consuming.

    I do have some designs for a stock in my head that I think would be amazing. Mainly setting everything back into the stock similar to this, although not as tall. It would maintain the overall 795 look but be shorter by about 12 inches.


    I believe this could be done very easily. The stock could be lighten by adding relief "pockets" through out the shoulder rest area while remaining rigid enough. It might even look cool, having a "skeleton" appearence.

    Milling the area where the stock reciever and compents go would be very simple. I do have the capability to 3D mill which would be really all we need, to make the handgaurd round and blend the corners.

    Leave a comment:


  • professionalcoyotehunter
    replied
    Not if it is hollow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Merc1138
    replied
    Aluminum stock? That sounds... kind of heavy actually.

    Leave a comment:


  • professionalcoyotehunter
    replied
    Looks like we might need a calguns only design for this thing and make some money. I am a solidworks 3D modeling expert and can make a new stock with my spare time I just dont have a resource for someone to make them. I know a machinist who can make one out of aluminum and then get it dipped/anodized in color of choice.
    Last edited by professionalcoyotehunter; 03-04-2010, 11:58 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • caoboy
    replied
    Originally posted by professionalcoyotehunter
    Anyone in this thread mount the Druganov stock to their 795?
    Look in the beginning.....

    And as far as a 'build' there is not much besides Rimfire Technologies, Techsights, and a couple other things like the ATI stock and a couple regular wooden ones.

    This wasn't a gun for modding, though I wish it was.

    Leave a comment:


  • professionalcoyotehunter
    replied
    Anyone in this thread mount the Druganov stock to their 795?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick1236
    replied
    I wish larger clips were legal here in Kamnifornia....

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1