Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Red or green

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Stoney Creek Arms
    Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 292

    Red works for me better than green.
    North OC FFL-New Gun Sales. Transfers: Handgun or Long Gun Dealer Fee $50 DROS Fee $37.19
    FSC & written test: $25
    Call with questions: 714-482-7508 StoneyCreekArms@yahoo.com
    www.stoneycreekarms.com

    Comment

    • #17
      BC9696
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 2034

      Originally posted by teflondog
      I prefer red reticles. However for lasers I prefer green.
      ^^^Me too. ^^^
      Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

      The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000.
      The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

      Comment

      • #18
        Preston-CLB
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2018
        • 4336

        I don't have an RMR but do have fiber optic front sites on my pistols. I am slightly green colorblind, so red works best for me.
        -P
        ? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."

        Comment

        • #19
          Mac Attack
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2008
          • 2127

          I have both red and green but from different manufacturers and each has a different MOA dot size. My red is in a Trijicon RMR with 3.25 MOA dot and green is in a Holosun 508T with 2 MOA dot. I have an astigmatism and sometimes the red dot clusters. I read Gabe Saurez and a few other folks praise how great the green was for people with astigmatisms so I decided to get one. In my experience the green dot pops more than the red and is easier to pickup even against a green background.

          But for me, the green dot clusters more than the red dot which is more focused for my eyes. This may be more of a MOA dot size issue thought. Irrespective of dot size, I would choose green over red for either handgun or rifle.

          Comment

          • #20
            krb
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2016
            • 1089

            I first had a red dot bec there was no green. Now I have green and I love green. For me red is not as obvious. The obvious to your answer though is try both and see which you like better. For me I love green.

            Comment

            • #21
              FNGGlock
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2020
              • 1289

              I have a number of red dots and only one green dot, my favorite is the green dot and I also like the circle dot setup vs just a simple dot.

              Comment

              • #22
                Dennis
                Member
                • Jun 2005
                • 265

                I would've liked to have gotten a green dot. I've read great things about them. RMRcc only has red.
                Would like to buy 357 Maximum ammo.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Ki6vsm
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2013
                  • 2354

                  I'd love to check out a green dot and/or green illuminated prism scope. But I figure there must be a reason why Aimpoint has only ever used red for their dots.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    static2126
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 5619

                    Originally posted by Dennis
                    I would've liked to have gotten a green dot. I've read great things about them. RMRcc only has red.
                    If you decide you want a holosun greeen dot, I'll have two in early next week.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      static2126
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 5619

                      Originally posted by Dirtlaw
                      Which reticle color do you prefer (and why if you have a reason based on logic)?
                      Really personal call. Impossible to say unless you view both of the same model.

                      I favor red because I'm used to it. Red is a little worse for my astigmatism (green is a crisp dot vs a comet) but I run a 2 moa dot so it doesn't matter. My wife runs circle dot and favors green as it is more crisp.

                      Green stands out more and doesn't get washed out by brake lights and police lights (if this is a use case for you). Green does not get washed out on hills and grass for me. The green color is not a hue found in nature. We spend a lot of time hiking and looking through pistol optics.

                      Red for me washes out less in headlights vs Green. But I do keep my red 509T one to two settings higher vs green for the same perceived brightness.

                      The new green versions by Holosun are also more battery efficient vs the red. But that doesn't matter to me as they are close enough.

                      If I was starting from scratch I would go green but I prefer red just because 20 years of experience says so (rifle and pistol dot)

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        static2126
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Mar 2013
                        • 5619

                        I also agree with other poster. that mentioned reticule matters more.

                        I will use red and green interchangeably and don't notice a different in speed from holster or accuracy at 25 to 150 yards (furthers I shoot a pistol offhand).

                        The bigger the dot the betteer green works for me. But overall just prefer red.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          floogy
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 2741

                          I still need to try green as I hear it can be better for astigmatism. But I need to see it for myself.

                          Probably not a really big deal. Apparently green uses battery faster though.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Mac Attack
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2008
                            • 2127

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              k1dude
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2009
                              • 15951

                              Red is best for me.

                              When I look too long at a green dot, it slowly fades away.
                              "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                              "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                BakoJ
                                top poster @ utahguns.net
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Dec 2012
                                • 2314

                                I have keratakonis and green is really the only thing that works for me.
                                sigpic
                                Join the discussion at www.utahguns.net

                                Originally posted by HP911
                                sweet jesus, the subject matter experts are 97!
                                Isaiah 41:10
                                So do not fear, for I am with you;
                                do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
                                I will strengthen you and help you;
                                I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1