Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which red dot for PC carbine?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    M76
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2014
    • 5953

    Originally posted by code_blue
    Bushnell TRS-25 for $50?
    Originally posted by aye_dre
    nothing against the TRS-25 but my budget allows me to get something a bit nicer
    Get something nicer, and sturdier.

    I installed a TRS-25 on a Taccom rear optic sight mount, the red dot base came
    loose after 100 rds - but worked well at 50 yds; some locktite blue was needed.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dunndeal
    Stop digging.
    Originally posted by BrassCase
    I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
    iTrader

    https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858

    Comment

    • #92
      bman940
      Member
      • Nov 2010
      • 303

      Nikon's SuperDot

      I just ordered one and should have it late soon I hope. Backordered so apparently I'm not the only one who can't wait to try it out. Stopped By my local big box retailer and they had some but are sold out now. Under $200 gotta love the price.
      Now I just need to decide what to put it on, handgun, shotgun, 9mm AR....?

      Comment

      • #93
        johns259
        Member
        • Sep 2017
        • 154

        Don't forget about the coupon code POPULAR on eBay (I think it's still active). I picked up a Trijicon 1x25mm MRO with co-witness mount for about $300.

        Can't wait to try it out on the PC9.

        Comment

        • #94
          crufflers
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2011
          • 12723

          Using the EBAY code, you can get a Nikon Spur shipped for $184. Not from all vendors, but definitely from BOTACH. $32 off.

          Comment

          • #95
            crufflers
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2011
            • 12723

            Cabela's finally started carrying the Nikon Spur as well. If you collect rewards dollars plus gift cards, plus AJ, you could get it really cheap there.

            Comment

            • #96
              crufflers
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2011
              • 12723

              Nikon SPUR RDS is pretty nice. Here's a few pics compared to the Fast Fire III. SPUR also has a line painted on the housing on the rear, but not bright white like the FF3 - more beige. Nikon PIC mount is Picatiny only (would not fit on my WEAVER RAIL on a Mossberg 930 that has a FF3 on it. The notch is too slim on the Weaver to allow the Nikon to seat. That might be something important if you want to move these around. Nikon includes a nice tool with plastic (non-marring) battery cap tool on one end and a retractable flat head on the other for zeroing. No chance you scratch up the cap or lens with this thoughtful inclusion. Nikon is wider than the FF3 display and a tiny bit shorter. Seems to sit higher than the FF3 but view is a bit lower as pictured.

              Nice RDS.




              Box



              Battery tool


              No Go on a cheap Weaver rail.



              Fits great on Ruger PC Carbine Pic Rail


              Looking through the SPUR at the FF3

              Comment

              • #97
                crufflers
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jul 2011
                • 12723

                So my Nikon SPUR did end up on a PC Carbine. Because of the SPUR mount it would not fit my Ruger MKII MGW rail, so I ended up moving the FF3 to the MKII and put the SPUR on the PCC.

                Definitely, that is an annoyance IMHO.

                Comment

                • #98
                  stormvet
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 12681

                  Originally posted by CSTactical
                  Quite a few of our customer's have bought the Vortex Crossfire Red Dot for their Ruger PCC 9's
                  Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    CSTactical
                    Vendor/Retailer
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 4092


                    We have open box display models going for great prices as well! https://www.cstactical.com/open-box-and-demo-items.aspx
                    Dealer for Zero Compromise Optic, Tangent Theta, Leupold, Nightforce, Vortex, Aimpoint, Desert Tech, Swarovski and more...
                    Call 916-670-1103 for Calguns pricing
                    www.cstactical.com
                    sales@cstactical.com
                    916-670-1103

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • crufflers
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 12723

                      I have one RD-1 on a Sig522, but I am swapping it with a freed up TRS-25... I will put the RD-1 back on the included riser and use on an AR.

                      Comment

                      • Endless
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 1881

                        Just a heads up. You can get authentic Trijcon RMRs from $289.99-$436 BNIB.

                        This is every one they offer and that’s type 1 and type 2s. All below Optic Planets best prices. You have to be a member and they are out of Florida but I have not found any place cheaper.

                        For me there is no need to go cheap. Spend $350 and get the RMR you want. Or buy used from $200-$300.

                        At military exchanges the Sig Romeo 1 I saw yesterday for $236 with no tax. Also Docters are $286 bnib. So there are choices out there with good pricing and not the outrageous bull**** prices you see local shops in California trying to charge .

                        Pm me if you want the site.

                        Right now everyday pricing on a type 2 Trijicon RMR 3.25 moa optic is $404 will no tax and free shipping. They run a special and you can use a coupon code and get the same RMR for $289.99. Again way better than $599 that California shops charge.

                        I am sorry a lot of you have paid retail or over $600 for an RMR but remember COST is $289.
                        Last edited by Endless; 08-21-2018, 9:42 PM.

                        Comment

                        • crufflers
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 12723

                          Originally posted by Endless
                          Just a heads up. You can get authentic Trijcon RMRs from $289.99-$436 BNIB.
                          Another way to look at it is that there is lots of value in a sight like a Crossfire RD-1, SPARC AR, Fast Fire III, the brand new Holosun Micros, Nikon Spur, etc...

                          Just look at the RMR that doesn't even come with a plate to seal the PCB and battery compartment... let alone a mount or even a cover. You do get that cool Pelican style case you never use though. Other brands are half the cost and come with covers, seal plates, two mount heights in the box, flip caps, see through rain shields, etc... my three RMR's came naked and that's ok mounting them on Glocks, but what if I wanted to put one on a shotgun or elsewhere? Included low mounts are a big deal. Even on the MOS Glocks I bought seal plate/screw kits. My MRO I bought with a AR mount, but there is no cover. A rubber cover that is a GIMME on a vortex or Burris costs $50. Even a Aimpoint PRO has two mount heights with a great self-torquing mount and flip caps in the package. Guess what micro RDS fails a lot at the range ? RMR's. Why do you think there are so many REVS. Just IMHO. I like the Trijicon tactical operator mystique too, just saying... a FastfireIII or Vortex whatever is great value and don't be shocked if your RMR isn't bullet proof. I could nitpick any of my RDS, especially Trij... not AIMPOINT though

                          Comment

                          • Endless
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 1881

                            Originally posted by crufflers
                            Another way to look at it is that there is lots of value in a sight like a Crossfire RD-1, SPARC AR, Fast Fire III, the brand new Holosun Micros, Nikon Spur, etc...

                            Just look at the RMR that doesn't even come with a plate to seal the PCB and battery compartment... let alone a mount or even a cover. You do get that cool Pelican style case you never use though. Other brands are half the cost and come with covers, seal plates, two mount heights in the box, flip caps, see through rain shields, etc... my three RMR's came naked and that's ok mounting them on Glocks, but what if I wanted to put one on a shotgun or elsewhere? Included low mounts are a big deal. Even on the MOS Glocks I bought seal plate/screw kits. My MRO I bought with a AR mount, but there is no cover. A rubber cover that is a GIMME on a vortex or Burris costs $50. Even a Aimpoint PRO has two mount heights with a great self-torquing mount and flip caps in the package. Guess what micro RDS fails a lot at the range ? RMR's. Why do you think there are so many REVS. Just IMHO. I like the Trijicon tactical operator mystique too, just saying... a FastfireIII or Vortex whatever is great value and don't be shocked if your RMR isn't bullet proof. I could nitpick any of my RDS, especially Trij... not AIMPOINT though
                            They have EVERYTHING at cost, including the products you're talking about. Its not just Trijicon, its MOST brands. I think the Fast Fire 3 is like $160-$193 BNIB and they throw in a rail mount for another $35. Not sure if thats cheap as I have never bought a Fast Fire 3 or picatinny rail mount. The Holosun Micros are under $200 as well. Nikon Spur is like $170 bucks. They have a tactical version as well for $173.99. Again, I dont know if those are good prices. OK so I just looked at most vendors online the Spur is $215+. So thats a decent discount.

                            The type 2 Trijicon RMR 3.25 MOA optic is $404. Thats what I have been getting emails about. So I put up the price.

                            I also have emailed the links to members that have PMd me and Youtube reviews by a respectable gun guy and thats all they use as well.

                            Lastly again I want to add that every once in awhile you get a really good discount I believe with a coupon code and you can walk out the door paying $289 for the same $404 RMR. Obviously they sell out quick but they have hundreds of them at the time of sale. But everyday prices start at $358 for Trijicon RMRs.
                            Last edited by Endless; 08-22-2018, 12:55 PM.

                            Comment

                            • bman940
                              Member
                              • Nov 2010
                              • 303

                              I just bought Nikon's SuperDot, I think I'll start with it on my Ruger 22/45 and then go from there. Looks like a great little Reddot and should work as expected.

                              Comment

                              • crufflers
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jul 2011
                                • 12723

                                Originally posted by Endless
                                They have EVERYTHING at cost, including the products you're talking about. Its not just Trijicon, its MOST brands. I think the Fast Fire 3 is like $160-$193 BNIB and they throw in a rail mount for another $35. Not sure if thats cheap as I have never bought a Fast Fire 3 or picatinny rail mount.

                                I also have emailed the links to members that have PMd me and Youtube reviews by a respectable gun guy and thats all they use as well.
                                Sounds good to me. I will check them out. The best deal on the FF3's are when Burris gives them away free for buying another Burris product... like a AR536 scope for $265 including a free FF3... $135 per optic or so it good. My first one was free and another was about $140 with 20% off Cabelas GC and 10% AJ. Crossfire RD-1 I think I paid for half with Club Rewards. Got the RMR's and MRO similarly. Gotta love a bargain.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1