Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glasses

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sfonelson
    Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 357

    Glasses

    This might be the right section, if not, then ohh well. I was interested in getting some shooting glasses. I currently do not wear prescription eyeware.

    I mostly shoot with iron sights, 100-500 yards or so.

    Any suggestions on shooting eyeware?

    Thanks in advance!
  • #2
    bjl333
    C3 Contributor
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2009
    • 7010

    I wear a set of Beretta Wrap-arounds and they are great for all my shooting!!
    Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
    CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
    SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      kmca
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 2371

      Take a look here:


      Probably more than you wanted though

      Comment

      • #4
        PatriotnMore
        Calguns Addict
        • Nov 2007
        • 7068

        I bought these http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSuite/Pro...R&ItemCode=302
        inexpensive ballistic rated, light and adjustable. When I bought mine they came with clear and smoke lens and frames.
        ‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
        --James Madison
        'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792

        Comment

        • #5
          esskay
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 2304

          You mentioned you do not use corrective lenses, so any ANSI-rated eye wear should be fine as a baseline.

          I love Oakleys, some other well-respected brands are ESS and Revision. These would all provide good ballistic protection.
          WTS: Ewbank AKM & NDS-4 AK receivers, Custom Chief AJ Ruger Mini-14

          WTS: Oakley SI Shoes

          WTS KAC rail panels

          WTS: MGI Hydra Modular AR Lower

          Comment

          • #6
            uscbigdawg
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2007
            • 1869

            Rudy Project USA!

            I've used them for the last 10 years as well as on 3 deployments and the lens quality is second to none. Add to that the technology that they put in for additional light entry, Rx built into the lenses as well as their ballistic protection and you're not going to find a better set of glasses (yes including Oakley).

            Rudy Project USA also is the only company non-shooting based eyewear company that openly places shooters in its advertising (they're HUGE in Europe in the cycling/triathalon world). Add to that they sponsor well over 100 shooters in just about every shooting sport there is and how could you not support that kind of a company?

            I have a 30% discount code for anyone interested. Just e-mail or PM and I'll get it to you. On the shooter's kits, it's over $100 in savings on a set of glasses that come with 3 sets of lenses.

            Check out their shooting glasses: Rudy Project USA Shooting Glasses

            They have more glasses that are ballistic rated, but these sets are put together by the shooting teams for popular frame style and ease of lens selection. I have the Rydons and Magsters and both are way better than the Oakley's I've had in the past and DEFINITELY better than anything Wiley X ever made.

            Rich
            "Speed is a tactic!" - R.W.

            "Pressure is what you feel when you don't know what you're doing." - Chuck Knox

            "The callus on my finger is from my trigger, not the keyboard!" - Rob Leatham

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1