Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need some help

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    jbk
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 957

    Originally posted by kendog4570
    That's big Maybe. Yours has a frame cut-out for a shoulder stock, and 4 screws on the left side. Cant see the right side clear enough in your pic, but should be a 4th screw there also. Is there a dished out cut at the bottom of the grip frame near the heel? Commercial 1860's were not cut for a shoulder stock. It might be possible for a 4 screw frame to make it into commercial distribution. What is the barrel address? Civvies were marked with the late New York address. Most 1860's were martial guns, and most of those marked with the Hartford address. Check for mixed serial numbers. Very common for US Army guns to be mismatched.

    Either way, that's a nice looking Colt and you can ship and receive it with no legal issues.

    If only it could talk!
    I wish it could talk, I can only imagine the history.
    I know the gun is all matching serial numbers. I have a pic of numbers but always see cats blur out the end of the number. I don't know why but I also can't do the blur thing so I chose to leave that pic out. It could be just what you said I will look at barrel marks when I receive it. I am going off of what I was told. I will post pics of markings when I receive it. Any marking I should be looking for?

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1