Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

C&R Hi Powers at AIM

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    morrcarr67
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2010
    • 15053

    What was the price?
    Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

    Originally posted by Erion929

    Comment

    • #17
    • #18
      Capybara
      CGSSA Coordinator
      CGN Contributor
      • Feb 2012
      • 15658

      There was at least one for $409.00 that I saw.
      NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

      sigpic

      Comment

      • #19
        elSquid
        In Memoriam
        • Aug 2007
        • 11844

        Hmmmn. Isn't the Mk3 on roster?

        -- Michael

        Comment

        • #20
          Capybara
          CGSSA Coordinator
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2012
          • 15658

          I just looked and I can't locate it? That must be why they only sold out of the C&R eligible ones, we can't buy the others here if they aren't C&R? I don't have the ATF guide handy but I would think AIM would have listed the $409.00 and the Mk3 as C&R, if they were C&R?
          NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #21
            blackrat
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 1103

            Only C&r qualified were pre 63 models. The other models available were mk3 and i believe mk2 which would date in the late 60s-80s.

            Mk3 models are not c&r eligible, they were produced in the 80s
            Last edited by blackrat; 07-18-2014, 10:23 PM.

            Comment

            • #22
              Capybara
              CGSSA Coordinator
              CGN Contributor
              • Feb 2012
              • 15658

              Ahh, so no love for us in California. Bummer.
              NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #23
                morrcarr67
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jul 2010
                • 15053

                Thanks


                Originally posted by elSquid

                Hmmmn. Isn't the Mk3 on roster?

                -- Michael

                Nope

                FN HP-SA / Steel Pistol 4.66" 9mm 3/13/2015


                Should work for the one listed @ $409 though
                Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                Originally posted by Erion929

                Comment

                • #24
                  elSquid
                  In Memoriam
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 11844

                  Originally posted by morrcarr67
                  Thanks
                  Nope

                  FN HP-SA / Steel Pistol 4.66" 9mm 3/13/2015

                  Should work for the one listed @ $409 though
                  Ah crap, the Browning MkIII is on the roster, not the FN MkIII.

                  That ****ing roster...

                  -- Michael

                  Comment

                  • #25
                    Capybara
                    CGSSA Coordinator
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 15658

                    I just spoke with two ATF agents at the SBHAA Show in Santa Barbara and asked them about petitioning the ATF. They didn't have a lot of details about it but said that anyone can petition the tech branch for inclusion of guns onto the C&R list and as you know, there are some pretty stupid guns on the C&R list. What they didn't verify was that no new guns have been added since the 2010 addendum, how much you want to bet that Eric Holder and Dear Leader sent an internal memo ordering the ATF to freeze the amount of guns added to the C&R list? Doesn't require the Senate or Congress, just idiot Holder to write a memo for his buddy Barry.

                    It does bug me though when there are popular guns what have historical significance and only certain country's variants are considered C&R, like the Makarovs, why are the E. German and Russian vintage considered C&R but the Bulgy, Romanian, Chinese, etc. are not? Why shouldn't all of the FN variants be considered C&R? Wonder what it would take to get a group of FFL03s, collectors and museum curators together to write proposals for new additions to the list? Then again, under this administration, probably would be an exercise in futility.
                    Last edited by Capybara; 08-22-2014, 7:25 AM.
                    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #26
                      blackrat
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 1103

                      So my ffl received the non c&r hi power (non mkIII) and wasn't sure whether the roster listing applied to it side out was so old. He contacted the doj and they told him it did not qualify for the roster. As such I had to have it sent to someone that does sse to get it. A lot of hoops to jump through but I'm fine with it. I'm happy with aim surplus as they sent me exactly the model I was looking for with the round hammer and small safety.

                      Comment

                      • #27
                        blackrat
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 1103

                        finally got to take my hp home. It appears to be a 1985 model but with a lot of the older features like the ring hammer and single sided small safety. the cliche about hi powers feeling nice in the hand is definitely correct.

                        there's creep up to the break at which point it's really crisp, I'm sure a cleaning and disconnect removal will smooth things up dramatically.







                        Can anyone identify these roll marks?

                        the T is in various places on the pistol

                        Comment

                        • #28
                          Capybara
                          CGSSA Coordinator
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 15658

                          Nice BHP, thanks for sharing the pics.
                          NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #29
                            Bladewurk
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 1411

                            Looks great, sorry you had to jump thru hoops. Here is my MkIII according to its paperwork. It came with early features on the forged frame but the MkIII slide.

                            Just back from Cerakote.
                            I installed the front sight after these pics. Ditched the mag safety and ran 100 rounds of 124 gr. JHP thru it today. Soft shooter!
                            (quote)"Glocks blow up, SIGs have a high bore axis, Beretta locking blocks break, Ruger is anti-gun, 1911s are unreliable, and HK hates you. Get over it."

                            Comment

                            • #30
                              blackrat
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 1103

                              Looks really nice, I was eyeballing those same grips.

                              I might cerakote mine too since it's not rare or uniquely marked, did you go armor or graphite?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1