Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SA Marked Guns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Gutter
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 1215

    Just picked up a Model 38 TS Carcano SA marked today. Lesson learned is even if the guys at the store say none of them are SA marked, always check. Ended up getting quite the reasonable deal.

    Comment

    • #32
      Armistice
      Veteran Member
      • May 2013
      • 2668

      Originally posted by Emdawg
      Speaking of Finn-marked guns, there is a SA Type 30 Arisaka on GB right now.
      Shut up! I'm watching that one!

      I just drove it up from $227 to $350. I don't want it now, lol. I'll go back to the other rifle I'm watching... if the seller would return my PM's

      There is a 1938 Carcano up on GB
      Last edited by Armistice; 04-05-2014, 8:24 PM.
      March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors

      Originally posted by ThemBastards
      Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
      Originally posted by knucklehead0202
      I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

      Comment

      • #33
        Flyin Brian
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        • Oct 2009
        • 3395

        Originally posted by Gutter
        Just picked up a Model 38 TS Carcano SA marked today. Lesson learned is even if the guys at the store say none of them are SA marked, always check. Ended up getting quite the reasonable deal.
        Let me know if you need a sling for it, I have an extra one. SA marked of course

        Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
        NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

        I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

        Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
        I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

        Comment

        • #34
          mosinnagantm9130
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2009
          • 8783

          Originally posted by Flyin Brian
          I've got a 1943 M38 that is SA stamped. I've never seen another one:
          I completely missed that that M38 is a 1943...that's the latest M38 capture I've seen. All of the other Finnish captured M38s I've seen were 1939-1940.
          Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
          My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

          Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
          Originally posted by ChopperX
          I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
          Originally posted by Jeff L
          Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

          Comment

          • #35
            G-Man WC
            In Memoriam
            • Oct 2005
            • 10991

            Pulled my matching 1943 SAKO apart after slugging the bore last week.

            I want to start reloading for it so I took it to parts and ran a 20ga brass brush with JB bore paste in the chamber to clean it out real good and remove any surplus funk.
            It's sporting a Tula 1899 tang date.

            The bolts soaking in a carb cleaner dip can overnight.
            Good times I love my C&R projects. -g
            If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
            -Samuel Adams

            Comment

            • #36
              Syntax Error
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 3817

              I have two Finnish marked firearms:

              SVT-40:


              M39:

              Comment

              • #37
                Gutter
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2012
                • 1215

                Found a reference to an SA marked Husqvarna m/07 so I can add that to the list.

                Also, the Carcano was a regular M38, not a TS. Figured I would correct that so no one would claim that a Finn marked M38 TS exists based on misinformation I posted.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Gutter
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 1215

                  Recompiling the list into one post:

                  M91 Mosin Nagant
                  M91 Mosin Nagant Dragoon
                  M91 Mosin Nagant Cossack
                  M91/30 Mosin Nagant
                  M38 Mosin Nagant Carbine
                  M44 Mosin Nagant Carbine
                  M1895 Nagant Revolver
                  M96 Swede
                  SVT40
                  M38 Carcano
                  Type 38 Arisaka
                  Type 35 Arisaka
                  Type 30 Arisaka
                  M94 Swede Carbine
                  M1910 Maxim
                  Luger P08
                  C96 Broomhandle
                  M1935 Beretta
                  CZ24
                  CZ38/P39
                  FN Hi-Power
                  Husqvarna m/07
                  Ruby Pistol

                  Wish I would've had this list with my this weekend. Might compile descriptions on where on each gun to look for markings.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    jkaler48
                    Junior Member
                    • Apr 2015
                    • 2

                    Also M1911 colt .45
                    Artilley Luger'
                    Eibar Revolver
                    and some others

                    Comment

                    • #40
                    • #41
                      echo1
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 3932

                      Originally posted by Flyin Brian
                      The Finns used .303 in their Aircraft MGs.
                      I've got a few hundred rounds of this. I've never shot any of it. Is it too hot for MK4s? PAX
                      You need a crew

                      "A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

                      Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

                      Comment

                      • #42
                        Flyin Brian
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 3395

                        Originally posted by echo1
                        I've got a few hundred rounds of this. I've never shot any of it. Is it too hot for MK4s? PAX
                        I've got some too, never fired it. I have PPU 303 and I also reload it, so no needed to shoot the old collectible stuff
                        NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

                        I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

                        Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
                        I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

                        Comment

                        • #43
                          SVT-40
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 12907

                          Swedish m/96

                          Poke'm with a stick!


                          Originally posted by fiddletown
                          What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

                          Comment

                          • #44
                            Fate
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 9545

                            TT-33s have been found SA marked. Heck, here's one I did myself.





                            Yup, added that stamp all by myself.













                            In Photoshop for April Fools on gunboards one year. LOL But seriously...they do exist.
                            sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

                            "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
                            , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

                            Comment

                            • #45
                              Spartan301
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jan 2013
                              • 2048

                              SA Markings!


                              My Sten MK III with SA marking!
                              Last edited by Spartan301; 08-26-2015, 2:05 PM.
                              U.S. Army/Sgt./67N (Aviation/1st CAV DIV, FT. HOOD/2nd INF DIV, S. KOREA/NTC FLT DET, FT. IRWIN) Veteran '81-'86

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1