Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

So what's your plan for 2014?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    CEDaytonaRydr
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 4142

    My plan for 2014...?

    Moving...

    Probably will be Alabama, Kansas, or Virginia.

    Comment

    • #47
      Armistice
      Veteran Member
      • May 2013
      • 2668

      So after going over my monthly/ yearly budget, I've decided I'm not buying anything, lol. Man, Dec was the death of my account. I blame all of you, haha

      Actually, I blame the law-passers... forcing me to buy like 8 rifles in one month
      March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors

      Originally posted by ThemBastards
      Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
      Originally posted by knucklehead0202
      I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

      Comment

      • #48
        1-M-42
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 1232

        Originally posted by CEDaytonaRydr
        My plan for 2014...?

        Moving...

        Probably will be Alabama, Kansas, or Virginia.
        Check out Texas Hill Country, North of San Antonio. Great climate, great hunting, a ton of really good ranges including a 1000 yard facility up near Austin, lots of jobs and best of all....NO STATE INCOME TAX!!!
        sigpicCertainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
        Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

        Comment

        • #49
          FTC
          Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 329

          Maybe I got lucky but my COE came in like 2 weeks. Applied early December... Now I'm set to use it this year.
          ------------
          luck is a meeting of preparation and opportunity

          Comment

          • #50
            Bobby Ricigliano
            Mit Gott und Mauser
            CGN Contributor
            • Feb 2011
            • 17439

            Originally posted by Capybara
            Photograph and update MyGunDB with everything in and out of the safe
            Transfer ammo inventory from Excel Spreadhseet to MyGunDB
            I keep an excel spreadsheet with my stuff. It seems to work well if you are handy with Excel. What is the advantage of the paid software over a simple spreadsheet? If it seems worth $45 I'd buy it. The free version for 10 guns would not quite be enough

            Comment

            • #51
              Armistice
              Veteran Member
              • May 2013
              • 2668

              I use Excel as well

              I do need to make a sheet for my ammo count
              March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors

              Originally posted by ThemBastards
              Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
              Originally posted by knucklehead0202
              I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

              Comment

              • #52
                Low Light
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2012
                • 788

                Originally posted by gordon freeman

                Your sweet description of Texas Hill country reminds me of Josie's ranch. I sure wish I could find a Paradise like that ...and find rest and freedom there.
                Originally posted by Armistice
                I use Excel as well
                Find a new CG sig...check.
                Originally posted by Enfield47
                I'm rooting for the allied team, I think we won last time but I can't remember. I just remember it was a lot of fun.
                I know I'm gonna get got, but I'm going to get mine more than I get got though.
                -Marshawn Lynch

                Comment

                • #53
                  cobra3232
                  Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 190

                  Planning on moving out of commiefornia. Only if i had enough cash id be out today.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Jester3
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2012
                    • 1132

                    DONE! Bought everything I need. They will get no more information or " fees " from me. DONE !!

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      Guisan
                      In Memoriam
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 368

                      I may start reading a book....not sure yet.
                      Fight to your last cartridge, then fight with your bayonets.
                      No surrender. Fight to the death.

                      Gen. Henri Guisan, Switzerland, July '40

                      Swissrifles.com forum;
                      http://theswissriflesdotcommessageboard.yuku.com/

                      Email: guisan-info@bluewin.ch

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Caribouriver
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 645

                        Get proficient with what I have. And give the boot to arthritis.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Bubba_Leon
                          Member
                          • Dec 2013
                          • 277

                          Teaching my 7 year old to shoot, and visiting my home state of FLA more.
                          Maybe get a CZ handgun along the way.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            knucklehead0202
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 4087

                            do a lot more reloading and try to shoot more. still have rifles I've barely shot or not at all, including a couple projects to finish. should hold me until I can move somewhere better.

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              Capybara
                              CGSSA Coordinator
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 15677

                              Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                              I keep an excel spreadsheet with my stuff. It seems to work well if you are handy with Excel. What is the advantage of the paid software over a simple spreadsheet? If it seems worth $45 I'd buy it. The free version for 10 guns would not quite be enough
                              Really, if you are handy with Excel, you can basically replicate what MyGunDB can do but I am not that proficient in Excel. The interface of MyGunDB integrates photography of your guns in a way that would be difficult in Excel, the actual tab layout is better than could be done in Excel without some programming and I think the version I bought donated a significant percentage to the CMP. Also, they have iPad, iPhone and Android versions as well.

                              Also, "MyGunDB tracks all changes to your Bound Book data that the ATF requires. It stores all changes as new entries. Because of that, you can print an ATF Change Log, which is basically an A&D report but displaying all changes."

                              I am cheap, but I find I like the interface better than Excel too. YMMV, but I like it so far.
                              Last edited by Capybara; 01-02-2014, 9:33 AM.
                              NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                GOEX FFF
                                ☆ North Texas ☆
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Jun 2007
                                • 7665

                                Originally posted by blackrat
                                Had a question for those that are letting it lapse:

                                I noticed the atf renewal paperwork had a box for those not renewing and the accompanying text from that started that you would surrender your bound book and let your collection be inspected. Given that the paperwork is for actual dealers as well as collectors I want sure if all the people who don't renew would be obligated to that too. I'm seeing that some here will destroy their books afterwards and I have read that before as well.

                                What's the story?
                                I didn't see anyone answer your Q:
                                But what you've read is correct, 03 FFL's are not required to turn in their bound-book records, whether not renewing or letting the license expire.


                                Q: Are licensed collectors required to turn in their acquisition/disposition records to ATF if their collector’s license is not renewed or they discontinue their collecting activity?

                                No. The GCA requires the delivery of required records to the Government within 30 days after a firearm “business” is discontinued. A license as a collector of curios or relics does not authorize any business with respect to firearms. This is in contrast to firearm importers, manufacturers, and dealers who are licensed to engage in a firearms business. Therefore, the records required to be kept by licensed collectors under the law and regulations are not business records and are not required to be turned in to ATF when collectors’ licenses are not renewed or collecting activity under such licenses is discontinued.
                                [18 U.S.C. 923(g)(4), 27 CFR 478.127]
                                Last edited by GOEX FFF; 01-01-2014, 3:16 PM.
                                Stand for the Flag - Kneel for the Cross

                                The 2nd Amendment Explained

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1