Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

So what's your plan for 2014?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    eighteenninetytwo
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1545

    Have two rifles I failed to get before the end of the year unfortunately. Both in 22LR.
    project wise I have to complete my faux LE No.1 Mk3 HE transit case manufacture from an old Bren gun case I have, have to change the bolt body on a P14 and I have to fire a few rifles I bought in 2013 but haven't shot yet.

    Comment

    • #17
      Gutter
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 1215

      Take $5k to the Big Reno Show and buy/trade over three days.

      Comment

      • #18
        Capybara
        CGSSA Coordinator
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2012
        • 15676

        Buy at least twenty to thirty thousand projectiles
        Reload, reload and then reload some more.
        De-Cosmoline and clean about a dozen new residents to the collection.
        Photograph and update MyGunDB with everything in and out of the safe
        Transfer ammo inventory from Excel Spreadhseet to MyGunDB
        Shoot more Clays, I have hardly gone at all this year
        Check out and give Three Gun, IDPA a try
        Teach more Shotgun classes, only did two this year
        Take a trip to the Big Sandy MG shoot and shoot some big stuff
        Build four more ARs, all highly custom and all have a theme and design
        Apply for CCW even though I know I will be denied
        Hope that my Dad moves to Vegas so I can get a Nevada FFL03

        When am I going to find the time to work? Guns are taking over my life!
        NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          I Swan
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2010
          • 8770

          Get ready to move out of CA once and for all. 2014 will be big year for me.

          Comment

          • #20
            Armistice
            Veteran Member
            • May 2013
            • 2668

            I, too, want to try IDPA. I got a holster in mind I'll buy in Jan

            I'll also buy another safe, lol! Not sure if I want to save the money and get an 8 gun or just go for the 14 gun. I may just go for the 14 because I can't get more than 8-9 rifles in my 14 gun safe (stupid bolts, lol)
            March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors

            Originally posted by ThemBastards
            Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
            Originally posted by knucklehead0202
            I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

            Comment

            • #21
              GOEX FFF
              ☆ North Texas ☆
              CGN Contributor
              • Jun 2007
              • 7664

              Originally posted by Armistice
              I, too, want to try IDPA. I got a holster in mind I'll buy in Jan

              I'll also buy another safe, lol! Not sure if I want to save the money and get an 8 gun or just go for the 14 gun. I may just go for the 14 because I can't get more than 8-9 rifles in my 14 gun safe (stupid bolts, lol)
              If you're gonna go for a larger safe... you don't go half larger, you go BIG!!

              Stand for the Flag - Kneel for the Cross

              The 2nd Amendment Explained

              Comment

              • #22
                NOTABIKER
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2012
                • 7635

                2014

                get a lot of ammo for everything i shoot, only get another C&R if i sell one to get it. if i cant part with one no deal. I only have 9 C&Rs but that is more than i can shoot all the time and i do not like that.
                finally got [ 2 ] 550 federal 22lr boxes at ammo brothers but i had to pay 50 bucks a box. that sucks but i did it.
                happy new year

                Comment

                • #23
                  NOTABIKER
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 7635

                  Originally posted by Jimja
                  Learn how to and start reloading ammo for my C&R's is at the top of my list.

                  I'd like to do some long distance shooting next year with some of my more accurate C&R's (scoped PU, scoped MAS-49, K-31/Mausers, etc.)

                  And of course add to my collection. Ever since I saw Beetle Bailey's BEAUTIFUL Argentinian Mauser I've been keeping my eye out
                  i keep thinking about that Argentinian also DAM HIM

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Beetle Bailey
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 2620

                    Originally posted by Jimja
                    Learn how to and start reloading ammo for my C&R's is at the top of my list.

                    I'd like to do some long distance shooting next year with some of my more accurate C&R's (scoped PU, scoped MAS-49, K-31/Mausers, etc.)

                    And of course add to my collection. Ever since I saw Beetle Bailey's BEAUTIFUL Argentinian Mauser I've been keeping my eye out
                    Originally posted by NOTABIKER
                    i keep thinking about that Argentinian also DAM HIM
                    That old thing? It's okay.

                    Actually it really is my nicest milsurp. Thank you guys for the compliments. It would be even nicer if it still had the Argentine coat of arms, but scrubbed receiver Modelo 1909's need love, too! And I just kinda lucked into it. A fellow Calgunner knew I'd been looking for one to put the crowning touch on my C&R buying in California, and well, to make a long story short, it's mine now.

                    Jimja, your Persian is a beauty as well, and the quality of those M98/29's rival the M1909.

                    NOTABIKER, can't wait to check out your KAR 98a. Unique rifle dripping with history and a cool configuration as well.

                    As for the original question, I'm gonna spend next year developing loads for the rifle I got this year but still haven't gotten around to doing a lot of handloading for.
                    "All bad precedents began as justifiable measures." Julius Caesar

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Sugarfoot47
                      Member
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 311

                      Already have my C&R and COE. Want to buy a 1903A3 for the new year. I'm already set up for reloading 30-06 when I had my Garand. Just hesitant about doing the Gunbroker thing when you're dealing with a few variables that change the prices considerably. I would rather look at one up front first before shelling out the money.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Armistice
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2013
                        • 2668

                        Originally posted by GOEX FFF
                        If you're gonna go for a larger safe... you don't go half larger, you go BIG!!

                        Wonder if ThemBastards would help me lug it up the stairs to my apartment
                        March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors

                        Originally posted by ThemBastards
                        Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
                        Originally posted by knucklehead0202
                        I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Emdawg
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 4292

                          Leave. This. Place.
                          *sniff* *sniff* Commies...

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Jimja
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2013
                            • 2068

                            Originally posted by Emdawg
                            Leave. This. Place.
                            Ha! Never going to happen!

                            How does that Eagles song go again? Something about a hotel

                            Come down to SoCal for the shoot on the 12th, bring that PU Sniper of yours and we'll have a friendly competition

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              19K
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 2013
                              • 3621

                              no longer collecting rifles. maybe some antique rifles and probably a p-08 but that's it. these new laws are going to get the best of me.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Calplinker
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2011
                                • 1610

                                Let C&R expire. Burn bound book and all paper records. Start over again....again.....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1